Working House Lighting

Ok, so that's PwnozOr's. Would you mind PMing me your init.sqf, ta.

Streetlights may be some time, I have made some progress..

That is strange, are the windows lit at all ? They are separate from the ambient light.. may be tavi issue as it should work on 1.7.5.x can you take screenshots ?

What's the status on your updated version axeman? I need to fix my full moons atm but my members love this script can't wait to try the update soon.

I have lights when in vehicles working. Am half way through adding the option to require a generator for lights to work. Noticed the new item in the latest build and have been spawning them on my server. Street lights, I can get a location from the server to place an ambient light source but the lamp can not be illuminated like the house windows, plus it is all server side, whereas the current script is client side, some testing to be done on that yet.. I just wish they would add the street lamp classes back in to the dayZ code..

i know I can place street lights in the editor for Celle - Having a way to turn them on with a generator would be awesome

On the topic of generators - Would it require fuel to be added to it and would it run out over time and if that is the case, could a similar mechanic be used to make fuel tanks have a finite amount of fuel? - I never liked the fact you can fill up at 1 place from 0 to full in any vehicle... I'd rather fuel be an actual limiting factor when maintaining a vehicle in working condition

i know I can place street lights in the editor for Celle - Having a way to turn them on with a generator would be awesome

On the topic of generators - Would it require fuel to be added to it and would it run out over time and if that is the case, could a similar mechanic be used to make fuel tanks have a finite amount of fuel? - I never liked the fact you can fill up at 1 place from 0 to full in any vehicle... I'd rather fuel be an actual limiting factor when maintaining a vehicle in working condition

At the moment I haven't really investigated the fuel in generators aspect. I would like a sound for them as they are running if there was a limit to be set on them. Add ing fuel limits on stations and larger tanks could be done reasonably easily with variables on the objects, would require some hacking of the dayz code to block jerrycan filling and some of the auto fuel script, have been tempted to have a go at it..

At the moment I haven't really investigated the fuel in generators aspect. I would like a sound for them as they are running if there was a limit to be set on them. Add ing fuel limits on stations and larger tanks could be done reasonably easily with variables on the objects, would require some hacking of the dayz code to block jerrycan filling and some of the auto fuel script, have been tempted to have a go at it..

The concept behind limited fuel to me is pretty big. I mean a large map SHOULD have tons of fueling locations but that doesn't mean those fuel tanks will be even remotely close to full or have any fuel at all. So if the fuel tanks themselves were somewhat random in quantity of fuel in them at each restart, it means people can't find the ones that have the most and repeatedly camp/use them.. leading to more mobile gameplay and more uncertainty. And to me "luck" or "randomness" isn't such a great thing in competitive games, but in this situation, a game that revolves around survival - Shit will go wrong at some point or another regardless of planning... And to me that's the core of it.

Still a work in progress but those are lights around the streetlights :D

dayz_streetlights.jpg

I can se the light when i have NV googles on, but when i take them off, the city is dark,

dayz 1.7.5.1 / taviana 2.0

I have a similar issue. Lights with NVG off only seem to activate when I'm ~70m away. NVG on, they seem to activate okay. I kept cranking up the range hoping that it would sort itself out, no joy. Now it's at 10000.

I should note that Tavi2.0 is based on 1.7.4.4 code.

The plot thickens. Changing my brightness changed the distance in which they activate:
77m at full brightness
50m at lowest brightness

Was making screenshots when the range seemed to inexplicibly change again. Now we're looking at 20m activation range. what?

The plot thickens. Changing my brightness changed the distance in which they activate:
77m at full brightness
50m at lowest brightness

Was making screenshots when the range seemed to inexplicibly change again. Now we're looking at 20m activation range. what?
Are you saure this isn't just graphics on your pc ? Do they come on if you zoom (right mouse) or use a rifle scope.

There are a couple of hints that can be uncommented that will show that lights are being created
Code:
hint format["(%5) %4 Houses: Create Lightpoint  ! Distance %1:%2. Test:%3",_awayx,_awayy,_test,_housecount,_hcount];
or switched on (if already exists)
Code:
hint format["(%5) %4 Houses: Lightpoint (%6) Found  ! Distance %1:%2. Test:%3",_awayx,_awayy,_test,_housecount,_hcount,_objLightPoint];

Do the new streetlights definitely show in-game ? If so you could just add the classnames to the custom Industrial array on the second version of the script..

I have tried spawning in streetlamps but the class names are in the nonAI vehicle class and won't appear in Chernarus..

Back