Animated/Realistic Helicrashs

Do the rocks have a class name or it's just part of BIS_Effects_AirDestruction?

All i could find was that its "craterlong.p3d"... and there is some kind of "Craterlong"-Vehicle.

I tried:
_list = _pos nearObjects 10;
{
deleteVehicle _x;
} forEach _list;

5 Seconds after the heli hits the ground, but the craters stays...

The Only thing i could imagine is to spawn the crashsite some meters behind the crater, but in the direction the heli was comming from... but there seems to be no function that can move objects in a specific direction.

But if CraterLong is a valid class (and it is) can't we just use deletevehicle to remove it?
Also after thinking about it, when You actually crash a heli in DayZ it also spawns in that crater (Craterlong), but after some time it just dissapers and only the burned wreck is present, so it must be deleted somehow.
Maybe this can help: https://github.com/r0vy/hooahfosooa...tan/common/server/vehicles/functions.sqf#L157
This is what i tried with this code:
Code:
_list = _pos nearObjects 10;
{
deleteVehicle _x;
} forEach _list;
Which is executed a few seconds after the crash. _list includes all Objects in a radius of 10m around the crashsite (_pos). Then i delete all Vehicles which are in _list... this way i want to make a clean area around the crashed chopper, _list seems to include these CraterLong, but as i wrote, deleting them seems to has no effect, even setdamage 1 to them does nothing.

This is really interesting work Grafzahl, definitely one of the coolest additions I've seen someone come up with on here great work. If you need any more Chernarus testers I have a med - high pop server available. I will definitely be trying your code out as soon as I can :)

Look at a short Demovideo :) The Helipad is where the actual crashsite should spawn, as you can see its realy close.

Everything is working, also the loot is spawning, only these fucking roxx... i cant delete them!!!!

We had been tossing the idea around for awhile, but kept running into hiccups. We slowly started building on our progress and finally had a workable version early this week. We were searching the web, because we wanted to see if anyone else had done this and found your thread.

Did you give the code to anyone yet? maybe they ripped it as their own :confused:
I assure you that's not the case, and I'm offended that you would intimate as much, we have always asked permission and credit our sources. Reading back through the thread we actually took a different approach.

I assure you that's not the case, and I'm offended that you would intimate as much, we have always asked permission and credit our sources. Reading back through the thread we actually took a different approach.
Nope, i dont think here has anyone stealed anything... yes, we both have nearly the same animation, but to be true, i added this animation today... so we have both our own scripts.

If you could tell me how to erase these fuckin roxx, maybe we could put best of both together?

Sorry if your offended... but it was a curious answer to my first question, asking if he gave the code out and if he hasn't and you made your own code why would you be offended.

We actually like the crater, when the guys fall out, they don't clip much at all and depending on how the heli hits the ground, sometimes it's a nice round crater and sometimes its a skidmark. I'm not going to give too much away as it's not my place to say... If Xian wishes to release it, it's entirely up to him.

Sorry if your offended... but it was a curious answer to my first question, asking if he gave the code out and if he hasn't and you made your own code why would you be offended.
I'm not terribly offended, but I thought it was a bit cheap to go there. I would be offended anytime we did something cool and someone muttered under their breath and questioned the legitimacy of it. Especially when I know first hand the amount of work that went into it.

Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread there...that's really not what this is about.

Are the craters created by the crash animation itself? Seems like you could use like a "hiddenselection" to hid them or something.

Back