Another "Wait for Host" issue.

Okay I just downloaded these files http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.2/ which is the 1.8.2 @dayz folder and the @hive folder. The dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo is also downloadable from this link.
I looked and there is no call for description.hpp in this mission file so if you are still having that error, you are using the incorrect mission. Always make sure you are using the @dayz, the @hive and the mission for the same version.

So if you have to, download these files again from this link to make sure you have the 1.8.2 @dayz,@hive and dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo and edit your server.cfg to make sure you are using the correct one.

Interesting. I have to be more diligent with file management and control. Yikes.

I will download these files again tomorrow. Just busy with family things at the moment.

Chat with you tomorrow.

Hello SB,

I have downloaded those files once again. I have deleted the old folders and replaced with the new. I have placed the mission file in the MPMission folder in the server folder. I launched the server, the game, tried to join the server and same Wait for host issue.

So here is the link to my files. Have a look at them, specifically the server.cfg. Also, in my @START_SERVER.bat file, line 17, there is a call for the mod "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@hive;@days. Just a reminder that I don't have the beta folder within the expansion folder. Is this cause for concern?

"https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f1oy9pc6ub3303x/AACnbtoYHhk8PwdGaKPNFvvna?dl=0"

Perhaps this evening we can brainstorm over Teamspeak, btw do you have a 1.8.2 server running??

Let me know what is brewing.

Last edited:
i ts a pain in the ass to open these files on my cellphone, will be home in an hour. i have to work most every night but i do have teamspeak , we cn get,together at ts3.iaregameplayer.com

i have all the servers installed on my lan .

I am unavailable in an hour. I will be away most of the day until about 5pm MST.

What time zone are you in? We can also chat tomorrow.

EST. I get home about midnight and am usually doing 'things' for an hour or so.
Desperately wanted to do some kind of MST themed remark ... but figured nobody
would get the reference.

dHtHhYa.jpg

Now I experimented a bit with PwnozOr's files.

I installed the client and server files as explained. This time I got the same Wait for Host but the arma2oaserver.rpt contained many message about

"Server error: Player without identity AtomikMulch (id 793057268)". What does that mean??

AM

Trying to log into the teamspeak server and it has failed to resolve hostname 'ts3.iaregameplayer.com'.

I tried something else using the PwnozOr files again, tweaked a little something and I actually got into the server but I received an error stating that the I was unable to edit or play the mission but of missing content. "https://www.dropbox.com/s/sps9y7612damm72/DayZ_error(20150203).bmp?dl=0"
But the game was loading up as Arma2:OA and not DayZ. Launched Arma2OA, checked the Extensions and it had the Arma2 DayZ Mod radio button checked but the DayZ radio button was unchecked. But when trying to login to the server and Arma2OA gave me that error, the extension list didn't include Arma2 DayZ mod or DayZ. What is going on??

I looked into the arma2oaserver.rpt file and the last line contains "Mission dayz_1337.Chernarus: Missing 'description.ext::Header'". The previous lines had "Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/" and other unrecognized simulation things.

Wow, I am not sure if I am progressing or digging a deeper hole. LOL

Last edited:
I gave myself a few minutes break.... came back and rebooted the computer. Well i tell you that we now have different results.

Back to the old Wait for Host and the "Server error: Player without identity AtomikMulch (id 793057268)".

Heading to bed.... too exhausted. Not making sense.

Later

Unable to edit the mission showing those files means that YOU are not running the same Dayz mod files as the server.

This is how I start Dayz. Right click on the steam icon in my tray and select Arma2 Operation Arrowhead. I have never used dayz commander or any other 'crutch'.
rptCkyP.png

and then to run the correct mod, I select it in the expansions. If you play multiple mods on different servers then this isnt as easy but since I only use my own servers I never have to change the settings. I have used some Arma2 launchers from armaholic too as they allow you to just click on the mods you want to start with and have specific startup settings ... basically same as dayz launcer/commander but more control.

Y2pVrjJ.png

That is one of the settings in your configs that should be configured when you start arma2 and arma2oa before actually doing anything else.

are you sure you are closing all the windows before starting the server so that there is only ONE mysql server window? How about uploading your hiveext.log which should be in cfgdayz folder.

In the previous video I had disabled epoch and overwatch and enabled dayz then restarted when prompted.
So you know what to expect, here is the server starting up

Good, multiple responses. :)

First of all, the 3D_performance error message didn't show up until late last night. Something was corrupted but I am not sure how to fix it apart from rebuilding the file or reinstalling the game to which I am not fond of the idea. I launched Arma2 and it's ok, but Arma2OA is the one causing the issue as seen in the error message.
It looks like it deals with 3D rendering or other video processing.

Now, after last night's reboot, I no longer get those "unable to edit or load mission" error so that is now moot. We are back at the Wait for Host issue.

In regards to the hiveext.log file. I don't have one, can't find it. The HiveExt.ini file does have the line "SeparateConsole = true" but no log file is being generated. After watching the video posted just above, I have noticed that I have never seen the hiveext window show up when launching my server. So this is a mystery.

As well, when launching the server, I have never seen more than one instance of mysql.exe showing up in the Task Manager list of processes.

BTW, I can't launch DayZ if I start the server first. I must first launch Arma2OA with the icon in the quick launch tray, change the expansion, allow DayZ to launch and then I can start the server. Otherwise, I can't an error message about Arma2 already having an instance in existance.

I hope that I have given you good information.

One more thing, I can't get TS3 to resolve the host name. I have flushed the DNS but to no positive result. What is the server's IP address?

Last edited:
i just have to restart the ts3 server.

if you do not have a hiveext.log file in the same folder as your server.cfg then that means the mysql server is never starting or getting connected to.

did you edit the hiveext.ini file to,match your database login info

No, I have never edited the hiveext.ini file. Where do I find the database info??

My @START_SERVER.bat file contains the same info as found in the hiveext.ini file. But I am not sure of the actual DB login info.

I think this is the key to success here.

Last edited:
the data base is started automatically with that login info it will have Dayz for your user ID and password and the data base will be hivemind
but if you saw the video you could see that at some point during logging in a screen would pop open and scroll some data base info that was the actual connection so if you are not getting a log for that in that little black screen is not popping open during your login to the server then that is the issue

Well then that is the issue. I am not getting that black screen or a hiveext.log being generated.
The hive/database is not being accessed. I have checked the data within the @START_SERVER.bat file and the hiveext.ini. The user, password, host port and database all have the same values/assignments.

Now in the video above, the hiveext window (via cmd.exe) shows up only at the Waiting for Server to Start Authentication stage which I never get to. Is there a window's xp setting that must be enabled/disabled/modified so that the database can be accessed??

Last edited:
Print the screen of the mysql startup window when you click on your start_dayz.bat file
This is mine and what it should be saying. You had said before that it said that mysql was already running, still ?
Are you perhaps running xammp or wamp servers?

oqvXLC3.png

Back