Another "Wait for Host" issue.

Ok here is the dump of the mysql startup window.

"https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwp65d9a3fsepgo/startup_dump(20150204).bmp?dl=0"

The only difference i noticed is that the line 3rd from the bottom says that you have loaded up 6 events but my dump shows that it only loaded 1 event.

I no longer get mysql already running error messages anymore.

BTW, I do not run any xammp or wamp servers. I have downloaded the xammp software but never installed it or opened up the zip file.

I have read a few things in the forum stating that the port number can be changed from 3306 to 3307 and that can do the trick........

In your @START_SERVER.bat file, line 17, you have -name=infected. In my copy -name=cfgdayz. Why the difference? What does that refer to?

the -name parameter is what your users name that will load the profile settings. its of no matter
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

I tried to change the port number in the startup bat before and 3306 is hard coded into the mysql configs in a perl file. So its not changed so easily by just changing your batch file.

Your image says "ready for connections" so at this point you are okay. It must be an issue with the dll files or your hiveext.dll file. again, make sure you have those files copied from the dayz server download.. The hiveext.dll file goes in your @hive folder.

I verified that those .dll files were properly copied over, including the hiveext.dll. Problem still persists.

I also managed to change the port number to 3307, I had to change 4 files. The startup window showed the port number being 3307 but it didn't help. So I changed it back to 3306.

I am at a loss now. *scratch scalp*

BTW, in the @hive/Addons folder, there is a dayz_server.pbo file. Do we need to extract the contents into the @hive folder?? Isn't a pbo file just a compressed file that needs to be extracted?

Hmmm I guess not... there are about 100 pbo files in this server directory

Last edited:
the dayz_server must be in pbo format. the mission can either be pbo or unpacked though.

zip,up your cfgdayz, mpmission, @hive and the files in the root folder and,post. i will put them on,my server and test it out tonight

i will be home in 2 or 3 hours. looked at the upload and you zipped dayz_server .... assuming that is your dayz_server.pbo but its 28mb seems overly large .... and yoir @hive.zip is only 800kb but that zip should,be containing the dayz_server.pbo so it should be larger ....
did you separate the two for the zip upload?

the dayz_server.zip file contains the arma2 and arma2oa stuff including the dll files and other files that are in the main directory. Do you want me to delete those files?

The @hive folder contains the addons/dayz_server.pbo and the hiveext file as well. So it's small in comparison to the dayz_server.zip which is the zip of all main server directory files. I coincidentally named my combined arma - dayz server directory "DayZ_Server".

I can't even join an online game, I get the same Wait for host issue.

BTW, what is the URL that you use to download all other DayZ mods?

I tried something else. I tried to create a new session within the Arma2:OA - DayZ mod enviroment. I got to the options page where you could choose the map and the one available was DayZmod 1.8.1. Why does it display that when I haven't installed version 1.8.1? Unless the map available has last been modified in version 1.8.1.

Last edited:
You have to find them online. Epochmod.com dayzoverwatch.com .. I should make a repository of them all.

You can't join online servers because they are running dayz 1.8.3 which you probably have an older version which is what I had said at one point, if you wanted to play online you had to use 1.8.3 but if you were only going to use your own server then you can use an older, more stable version.

The new session is to create a local server and the map information comes from the mission you select which may just have not been updated to reflect the new version ...

The file you uploaded MPMissions .. what is in it is a folder called mpmissions with an unpacked mission file.
6sa7ZDh.png

Is that the way it is on your server or a result of the zip and upload? rename the MPMissions to dayz_1337.chernarus

one more sanity check here. Your file structure should look like this (except all my extra @mods)
tSAkUJz.png

Meaning that when you copied arma2 and arma2oa into your server folder, all the folders were combined into a single install.
If that is okay, then here is what I have done.
http://iaretechnician.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=d7e3caabfc07a4590ed14dfe351c47fd
I have uploaded (in the process right now so it will take 20 minutes) a server to my private cloud. It includes the mpmissions, config (instead of cfgdayz), @hive, keys folders and the startup batch file. You can click on DOWNLOAD and it should all be zipped up for you.
DELETE from your server the @hive, mpmissions, cfgdayz and keys folder.
Then place each of those folders in your server overwriting any other files that exist. MAKE sure you get the @start_dayz.bat file into your root and use that to start the server so it launches with the correct configuration.

I did NOT included the @dayz folder so go here http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.3/ and download the client unless you have it already. Place the @dayz folder from the rar into your server AND into your steam/steamapps/common/arma2oa folder so that you have the same version.
This will be running dayz 1.8.3 so you can play online also.

Oh my. That is interesting. I thought that I had the mission in the correct folder format within the MPMission folder. But you have a CONFIG folder and i have a cfgdayz folder. Wow, so my folders are messed up a bit.

So now, regarding the mpmissions folder. That is the config that I got when I unzipped the pbo file. So it appears like it got messed up bad. Thanks to your files and the pics, I can now sort out the mess made.

So here is what I had before "https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck2i40fyjups2zn/private_server_folders(20150205).bmp?dl=0". You will notice that some of the folders do look different.

Last edited:
Ok, I followed your directions to the letter. I still have the same Wait for host issue.

Just out of curiosity, when I try to join the server, does steam have to be online or can we do this offline??
Is the issue with my machine in terms of firewall? I have XP, soon to be purchasing a new machine with Win 7.

Ok, you won't believe it. The server works and I logged in! I found out that I had to be online with Steam to work. It will not work if I play this offline. WOW. Amazing! Thanks for all your help. You have helped me immensely!

Ok, now I need to chat with you in regards to changing various server variables in order to increase the loot spawn, increase the valuable loot spawn, etc. All I care about is to play on my own server with my son and his friend. So it looks like I need to install something like navicat lite or something similar.

Alright. I have changed a few variables in the dayz.cfg and init.sqf files to allow the player to choose the spawn point. I've set the variable to 1 and it does not allow the user to choose the spawn point.

AM

Last edited:
Really. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing 'offline' if you need to be 'online' :p
I have steam connected 24/7 so its in the tray all the time so would have never noticed that. I tried to test this by closing steam and starting Arma but on my computer, steam automatically starts and connects my account when I start Arma.

As for loot, here is a person who has the same desires. http://opendayz.net/threads/100-custom-loot-tables-tutorial.8474/page-22#post-117359

You should never have to touch the database so no need for navicat (but my preferred is mysql workbench http://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/ full, free software vs limited functionality trial like navicat)

First things first, if you are going to be playing with a group of known people, you can remove a lot of issues with scripts by doing these things:
  1. In your dayz_1337.chernarus folder, edit the init.sqf by disabling RESEC and ANTIHACK.
    Code:
    //Gamesettings
    dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
    dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
  2. In your server.cfg file (in cfgdayz folder or config/dayz if you downloaded my server files) set the line battleye=0 to disable Battleye.
    Code:
    BattlEye = 0;                           //Ignore the message about not being able to join, its wrong

The reason I asked about navicat is that I was hoping to change the startup gear and help the players to start with a 1911, a coyote backpack, bandage, 1 food and flares.
I saw this done on Youtube where you use a DayZ Loadout Generator, select the startup gear, take the generated code and using navicat, you change the loadout gear.

EDIT:

The MySQL workbench I just downloaded says that it works for Win 7 only, even though I selected the 32 bit version. What else would you recommend?

Last edited:
They mention a tutorial..... it might be my old eyes but all that I have seen so far are some discussion about what loot has been banned, what is spawned in client's system and what is spawned via server.

Still searching....

EDIT:

Can't find tutorial....

EDIT: Oh I found it! Under TUTORIALS!!! WOW, I do need new glasses....... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
oh i dont know, i use windows 7. heidisql is good.

i am not sure that the db editing of startup gear works anymore, i use edits in the dayz_server pbo

Back