Another "Wait for Host" issue.

Dayz_server.pbo? Ok, I will have a look.

BTW, does the PBO manager allow repacking of the PBO files?

What do you use to extract the hpp/cpp files, modifying them and then repackaging them?

It looks like some of the changes takes place with .hpp and .cpp files.

It's been a while since I have touched C++ but this will be fun.

One questions regarding the server, I've been having difficulty with drinks not bringing down my thirst level, or raising my hydration. I drank 3 pepsi's and my hydration didn't increase. I think drank another soda in a different location and still my hydration didn't increase. Have you encountered that problem before?? What could it be?

oh yeah, forgot you wanted loot. thats one of the few times ou edit the hpp files. they just include class definitions, just have to be VERY VERY EXTRA careful with your comma placement because its hard to track down errors in those files so do lots of backups and testing so you dont have to start over

drink issue must be another 1.8.3 bug introduced.
now that your server is running you can change to version 1.8.2 that is more stable or see if they fixed a bunch of the bugs in the 1.8.4 that has been released.
changelog. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215677-rolling-changelog-184/

So again, to change to version 1.8.2:

1) Delete @DayZ from client and server,
2) Delete @hive from server,
3) Delete MPMissions from server,
4) Copy @DayZ 1.8.2 to server and client,
5) Copy @hive 1.8.2 to server
6) Copy MPmissions 1.8.2 to server,
7) Copy mission file to MPmissions in server
8) Modify the server.cfg, init.sqf to make sure that all the correct calling files are for 1.8.2

BTW, you have changed your dayzcfg folder to Config, I must pay particular attention to that.

EDIT:

Perhaps I could get your modified version 1.8.2 and it would save me the hassle of verifying that I have all the folders in the correct order, all relevant files in the proper folders, etc...

Last edited:
you are correct. to change versions you need to change the

@dayz folder

@hive/addons replace dayz_server.pbo

replace the mission pbo make sure the new one has the same name so you dont have to edit server.cfg

and dont forget to change the @dayz folder in your client steam folder ... remember, client and server needs to have same version installed

i am going to upload a private server set of files for each mod to my private cloud this weekend. i can post 1.8.2 in a few hours ... at goddamn work again

Fyi ... i changes my cfgdayz folder name to config because i am a bit anal (and an ass i have been told) and i also run wasteland and arma2 deathmatch so those are not dayz and therefore cfgdayz is a misnomer and it just rubbed me the wrong way so i had to change it to config

i am going to upload a private server set of files for each mod to my private cloud this weekend. i can post 1.8.2 in a few hours ... at goddamn work again

Hey Shooting Blanks. Don't do this at work if it causes you trouble or stress. I can wait until later, it's not the end of the world so to speak. Well maybe end of world on the server!!! LOL

I can't do it at work because i train race horses and its been a long time since I saw a computer and internet access in a barn ;) so being below zero, i would like to nothing better than sit a warm room and do internet stuff .. but instead i have my cellphone and a cold barn

Hey,

Running the server and DayZ on the same machine slows it down a fair bit. So I decided to setup a server on our laptop so that DayZ will run a little smoother on my machine. My machine is an old XP based system and the laptop is a slightly newer HP with Vista on it.
So I basically copied the Private server onto a drive and copied it over to the laptop. When launching the server, there were errors in the launcher window stating that the sql didn't load.

"https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ge00i0zh0tudjq/Vista_server.jpg?dl=0
"

Then afterwards, I tried to join the server (running via wifi) just for the fun of it. Then I got another error "An application failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing application may fix the problem. "
So a quick search on the internet revealed to either install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) or run an "SFC /scannow" in the command prompt. Neither of these fixed the problem.

Has anyone encountered these problems before?

its hard to get the correct msvc100.dll file sometimes. Install both the 32bit and 64bit versions.

and the image you linked says mysql is ready for connections ... o_O

For those who want to reinstall Visual C++ 2010 to default from microsoft site.

First:
Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (both x64 and x86)

Next:
you have to search these packages on the microsoft download site (or google):

(If you have 64bits OS, which is probably everyone, you have to install both x64 and x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Last edited:
Ok, now I have something else to pick your brain about.

Have a look at this screen dump from this morning. This is me playing on my server with no one else on. I've only ever encountered this once before, on a different server about 1 year ago.

What does this mean? Is my video card overheating, about to crap out, is there an issue with the game? Is there a polygon count issue? Not sure if it applies to this game. Mind you, my system is about 6 years old.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmc3v6p1hd2rixs/DayZ_video_problem.bmp?dl=0

EDIT:

This problem gets so bad that at certain angles, I can't see the character or anything else in game. I can turn 10° left or right and it significantly improves.

Last edited:
Hey SB,

Chatted with my son. I loves the server and has expressed interest in an Epoch server as well. So, I assume that the server configuration is similar but not sure how to start.

What are the steps necessary to get one going?

AM

Last edited:
download the epoch files. it will work nearly the same,
  1. you will have a @dayz_epoch, @dayz_epoch_server folder
  2. in your config folder copy your server.cfg and name it epoch.cfg
  3. change the name of the mission at the bottom of the epoch.cfg to the name of your epoch mission which is probably dayz_11_chernarus
  4. copy your start_dayz.bat file to start_epoch.bat
  5. edit start_epoch.bat line where it says -mod= change the @dayz to @dayz_epoch, change @hive to @dayz_epoch_server
  6. now comes the hard part, editing the mysql database. the epoch download will have an sql folder with some sql files in it. You need to start the database (start_dayz.bat file) and then you have to open the database using your hiedisql or mysqlworkbench and create a database named epoch. Then you need to execute the epoch sql files on that database to create the tables and functions.
    WORTH A TRY:=> Dayz has basically copied the epoch database in latest versions, epoch MIGHT be able to use the same database that your dayz install was using ..meaning, dont make any changes and see what happens.
now you can start either dayz or epoch.

Thanks a million!

So it seems like there are more recent tutorials on how to modify and customize a DayZ epoch server.

So SB, you do run an Epoch server?! Do you have it setup where you have full admin capability and can teleport people, etc? BTW, is this a game that requires a great deal of time to play for missions, base building etc??

I've tried one a few weeks back, it's quite different from normal DayZ, as it had base building, hero and bandit missions, etc. Can you suggest a source where I can read up on Epoch?

BTW, how did you get into training race horses?? How long have you lived in Ohio?

Last edited:
now comes the hard part, editing the mysql database. the epoch download will have an sql folder with some sql files in it. You need to start the database (start_dayz.bat file) and then you have to open the database using your hiedisql or mysqlworkbench and create a database named epoch. Then you need to execute the epoch sql files on that database to create the tables and functions.

Ouch, how long would that step normally take?

try this link right here , its my private cloud. should be epoch dayz and overwatch available. it will zip up the entire folder and download it for you.
http://iaretechnician.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=27d11e57ca5dbc71669fd14b87e2b4a2

My Bio:
I grew up on a horse farm in Saratoga Springs NY where my father trained for a professional bowler Dave Ferraro http://www.pba.com/Bowlers/HallOfFame/240 .. so I got to bowl every day myself since he owned 3 bowling alleys in the city .. I was never a pro but did do well in tournaments.
When I was 26 I joined the navy, 2 years Advanced Electronics Training at New London Connecticut and then spent 8 years at Kings Bay georgia as a sonar tech on the U.S.S. Maryland SSBN 738 .. (24 ICBMS each with up to 14 nuclear warheads) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Maryland_(SSBN-738)
I qualified expert with the M16 and spent time during offcrew on the Nuclear Weapons Security Force .. basically guarding the submarine while loading/offloading nuclear weapons. My battle station was operating the HP9020 tactical computer and I became interested in computers and taught myself how to program them .. I became the "goto guy" for everyone at the base for computer problems.
Also received the National Defense Medal for participation in Operation Desert Storm.
Went back to Saratoga to train horses again. But we had to ship our horses to NYC often and I got tired of traveling so moved to Ohio where I can race at Northfield Park (races all year round). Have been here for 15 years now, pretty much dislike the area, winters aren't cold but its cloudy and muddy for six months.
I have 2 kids, Molly is 15 and does nothing but ride horses
image.php
and I have a son Morgan 10 who does nothing but play Counterstrike .. so much so that we dont even have a picture of him doing anything else.

In my older age i am tired of working outside and actually dont like to play the games much anymore either .. but I still very much enjoy tinkering with software and programming .. wish I could do it for a living .. but Noooo, not me, I have to go to the barn every day in the cold, snowy, muddy .. did I say cold?

Back