Another "Wait for Host" issue.

Well FallingSheep,

ShootingBlanks has taken a look at the files and some of the setup. He's fixed a few things. I've tried the server again and the RPT file squawks about a failure in the hiveext.dll. But I have specifically copied that file over from the Epoch-server zip package and it still gives me error hence unable to get the server running.

But I don't want to mess around with how things are setup in the server file structure. I like how SB has set things up. It allows for easy installation and integration of other mods.

thats cool, ill see what SB has setup and use that :)
i have confidence in his abilities :)

you can always make a copy of arma2 folder and install xammp, this wont change anything SB has done it will be a complete standalone setup :)

Well we can do that. What is the advantage in using xammp? Would it allow for greater server tweaking and control, like changing loot spawn frequency and probability, etc??

the advantage of using xammp is that its a standalone mysql server you can leave running 24/7 on your server. also it has apache http server and php so you can launch phpmyadmin for db edits which i find much easier than any if the other programs.

the disadvantage is that its a standalone mysql server that you leave running 24/7 .. :D actually, i got out of the habit of using it because ... well not really sure why,
i dont know, i rather like the pwnozors mysql method where it only starts when the server starts. personal preference i guess. its nice with pwnozors mysql that i can just copy it as part of the server files so its portable

by portable, i mean i create and edit a server on my computer and then i can move everything to a vps and its already setup with the db. probably not as important as years ago where we put buildings in the db and starting gear so the db actually contained parts of your server.

by portable, i mean i create and edit a server on my computer and then i can move everything to a vps and its already setup with the db. probably not as important as years ago where we put buildings in the db and starting gear so the db actually contained parts of your server.
you can use xammp the same way as pwnzors setup, you just write a batch file to start it up,etc its the mysql part is identical its just xammp has a nice GUi and built in webserver php etc

well, you will use one or the other. the end result is the same, a mysql server. i do like phpmyadmin, but i have to say i am not a fan of the xampp gui or config files. i was trying to change the default user login when you start phpmyadmin and i think that was the last time i used it ... just switched to mysqlworkbench

Hmmm. I simply want servers that are easy to maintain. But so far I have learned this method and should perhaps continue with it. I really don't think that I will be running the servers 24/7 as they are mainly meant for myself, my son and his friends. So firing them up for 2 to 3 hours an evening, with the exception of weekends where we can play for 6 hours. So short term use, simple launch and shutdown is extremely helpful.

THE SERVER IS WORKING!

Congratulations AtomikMulch!
Now to move onto installing scripts!
VYrxZtr.png

First of all, thank you both for all your help in this matter.

I have now started a game of Epoch, but I have so many questions regarding it. My questions are such as how to play it, what happened to the loot in the Cherno and Electro firestations? How do you fill up the vehicle with fuel, is it auto near a pump or do you need some kind of jerry can?

Is there a website that has the how-tos of Epoch?

epoch is a whole new ball game for dayz :)
your easiest way of learning would be youtube videos,

yes you can refuel with a jerry can

ill make you a mission file with custom loot tables so you can adjust your loot to what you want just need to know the map you are using,
ill add in the coin system as well,
i can add in the auto refuel script for fuel stations as well
anything else you would like added?

PS: apologies for missing you on skype yesterday, i had to work late

Back