Another "Wait for Host" issue.

Cause I'm feeling generous and in a good mood if you like I can team viewer to you and set up your serwe for you add me on Skype fallingsheep

Of course this would be free of charge!

Cause I'm feeling generous and in a good mood if you like I can team viewer to you and set up your serwe for you add me on Skype fallingsheep

Of course this would be free of charge!
while i appreciate the offer, my server is running pretty good and i havent had much trouble getting it installed, so i think i can pass on the teamviewer thanks.;)

I am the OP??

What does that mean??

BTW, I got the new connection, called it epoch.sql, followed the video instructions and I believe that the whole thing is complete. My question is that I ended up calling my connection/database epoch.sql which is a duplicate of the one that came in the zip file. Will this cause difficulty in running the server?

So what do I do now to connect the hive to it? Or will it be done automatically now?

Well hello sheep, welcome to our wonderful discussion on 1) wait on host issues, 2) setting up a DayZmod server, 3) setting up an epoch server, 4) whether ice fishing is fun.

So, I wanted to review what happened when I tried to join my Epoch server.

1) Launched the @start_Epoch.bat and got it running.
2)Launched Arma2:OA - DayZ Epoch
3) received first error message on the client side - "Picture z\addons\dayz_code\gui\mod.paa not found".
4) Clicked ok and opened the lan server scan, found our server and joined
5) Client taking it's time to join server, then simultaneously got an error message client side and the hive and server crashed. (I suspect that I may need to change the .dll files in the main server directory). Error message: - "Script z\addons\dayz_code\system\progress_monitor.sqf" not found.

Can any of you tell me what is going on and how to correct this puppy?

Thanks

OP=Original Poster

files not found in dayz_code ..
post your start_epoch.bat file ..
post your rpt file.

copy the dll files from your epoch downloaded files into the server ..

Will copying the dlls overwrite the dlls that I currently use for my DayZ server? Will both servers work with the new dlls?

ooooppss I think I found an error in the start_epoch.bat file in line 18: replaced -config=config\dayz\dayz.cfg with -config=config\dayz\epoch.cfg.

Copied the dlls from the Epoch server zipped folder into the root directory of my Private_Server directory. Reran the same thing as above, I get about the same response as in step 5 above, without the script error message. But on the client side, I see my name in a list but no OK button to push so that I can get into the game/server.

BTW, do I need to extract the "DayZ_Epoch_Server_1.0.5.1_Release" contents into my Arma2OA root directory??? The readme.txt file says I need to.

Last edited:
well yes .. otherwise how would you have the mod files? but you already copied the @dayz_epoch and @dayz_epoch_server folders into your server ... didnt you?

.\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe --user=dayz --password=dayz --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain(1)"
You are still calling the hivemind (dayz) database .. change that to your epoch database name.

start .\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@dayz_epoch_server;@dayz_epoch -name=infected -config=config\dayz\dayz.cfg -cfg=config\dayz\basic.cfg -profiles=config\dayz
your config= is pointing to your dayz.cfg which is okay as long as you changed the mission name to your epoch mission. Ideally you would have config=config\epoch.cfg and you would copy your dayz.cfg and edit it accordingly.

did you copy your mpmissions/dayz_11_chernarus mission from the downloaded epoch file into your mpmission folder?

at the bottom of your RPT log

Mods: @dayz_epoch
Distribution: 0
Version 1.63.125548
Fault address: 6C46A14D 01:0000914D C:\Private_server\DatabaseMySql.dll
file: dayz_1337 (__cur_mp)
world: Chernarus
Prev. code bytes: CC CC CC 55 8B EC 83 EC 14 8B 55 08 8B 42 04 53
Fault code bytes: 8B 58 04 80 7B 2D 00 56 8B 75 10 57 8B F8 B0 01

see this line right here .. change the dlls to what you downloaded from epoch
Fault address: 6C46A14D 01:0000914D C:\Private_server\DatabaseMySql.dll

AND if you look at your error it says dayz_1337 so you are still using the dayz mission.

Its not that hard once you do it a few times .. it will make sense. A mod (overwatch, dayz, epoch) is made up of 3 things. The mod files (@dayz), the server side files (@hive) and the mission (mpmission/dayz_1337).
To switch to epoch you just add in @dayz_epoch, @dayz_epoch_server and mpmission/dayz_11_chernarus

And your start.bat file needs to be copied to change the folders it loads (you did that okay)
and your config file needs to have the name of the mission to load

So if I wanted to install the overwatch mod I would copy into my private server folder
@dayz_overwatch, @dayz_overwatch_server and mpmissions/dayz_1.chernarus
and then edit my config/server.cfg to use the new missions name and edit my start.bat file to load the new mod files.

This is a bit simplistic because I left out the database issues (overwatch uses yet another database version) and any dll files that are required by the mod. ..
I keep all the dll files for each mod in the @dayz_epoch_server or @hive folder and at the top of my start.bat it copies those dll files into the root.

Here is my start.bat file for reference. It starts overpoch but thats not much different than epoch because it is an epoch server with the @dayz_overwatch added in to increase the weapons.
Code:
copy .\@dayz_epoch_server\*.dll .\
@echo off
echo Starting MySQL database. Please wait 5-10 seconds.
start /D.\MySQL\ MySQL.bat
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
.\MySQL\cecho {0A}    OK.{07}
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Executing spawn script...
.\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe --user=dayz --password=dayz --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=epoch --execute="call pMain(1)"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Starting server...
start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@dayz_overwatch;@dayz_epoch;@taviana;@dayz_epoch_server -name=infected -config=config\overpoch\overpoch.cfg -cfg=config\overpoch\basic.cfg -profiles=config\overpoch
echo.
echo.
echo.
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
exit

At teamviewer session would probably benefit as at this point I am sure you are just getting confused with all the files and mods. Or just a walkthrough via teamspeak or skype ... But I am going to bed at the moment, its late.

Uh, yes! It's information overload at the moment.

Yes I did place both the Epoch Client AND the Epoch Server contents into my Private_Server folder. I was a bit surprised to see the readme file stating that they needed to be dumped into my Arma2 OA folder.

WOW, your input regarding the RPT file has just clarified so many things for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:)

I do agree that a teamspeak or something similar is in order now!

The other thing that I just discovered is that with MySqlworkbench, creating another connection and then another schema, this then populates all those tables etc and places them in the folder Private_server\MySQL\data\<nameofschema>. This <nameofschema> is what is called in the startup.bat file when called on the line with
--database=<nameofschema>.

This is making so much more sense now.

Lord Sheep offered .. if he is around today, hit him up. I am at work and will be home for about 2 hours this afternoon so its hard for me to do anything like that which is why I try not to offer because I just may take a nap instead

Back