Banned vehicles spawning WITHOUT rMod

abyss33

Hello,
I have noticed recently that many servers are able to create vehicles that I thought were impossible without installing rMod. How is this possible? Are they using rMod to spawn them and then turning it off? I've never installed rMod and the server didn't appear to be running it. I have a private hive and I have always been interested in adding a few incredibly rare spawns such as an AH64 or an Abrams. For example, I found an Apache on:

DayZFallujah - (1.4/100296) (VETERAN CH:ON) [GMT +7] Private Hive - = RuG= Clan -

I would love to know how to do this on my own server and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Screenshot uploaded.

Attachments

• ArmA2OA 2013-01-14 08-32-02-55.jpg
    ArmA2OA 2013-01-14 08-32-02-55.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 198
Probably because Fallujah is client modded, i don't think it's just a default straight port.
I haven't looked at the files, but i would assume they just unbanned the class in the client files you downloaded.

they just unbanned the class in the client files you downloaded.

Thanks for your response. You mean in the mission file? I didn't download any unique files. How can I do this on my own server? I know how to add a unique spawn to the SQL database, but not how to make it visible once its in the game.

fallujah is a mod of dayz as in i think they edited it as they saw it.
This si why you use @dayzfallujah as a startup.

Same for 2017, namalsk and taviana etc, all maps with their own unbanned vehicles :)

I must simply be in over my head. All I need is a step by step guide or an example of how to add one to the server. I have made spawns for AH64s in the SQL database and ran the spawn vehicles task until I got one, but they are never visible in game. I've also unpacked the dayz_anim.pbo for Taviana and looked at the config.cpp. What I find strange is that things like the C130J are in the banned list:
Code:
class C130J: Banned {};
Yet C130Js show up just fine in the game. So what is making the other vehicle types (Apache for example) invisible/removing them in game?

No, I do not have rmod installed. I thought it was rmod as well at first, but then I remembered rmod has a prompt when you join an rmod server that tells you to install it. There are many servers now that have things like Apaches, MI-24D Hind, custom bases, etc without needing to install rmod. The one I mentioned in my first post is a good example. The only connection I have found so far is that they are mostly hosted by DayZ.st . Maybe they(DayZ.ST) have found some kind of work around.

This seems to not be sticking for you..

The fallujah map you played on is basically a custom DayZ mod.. Meaning the banned vehicle list is completely different.

To spawn a banned vehicle on a different map theirs 2 ways to do it.

1. rmod
2. Make your own version of that map with those vehicles unbanned.. this requires users to download a special mod from you and install it... So do this if you dont want anyone to bother with your server that has apaches flying around on it (I mean wtf? go play arma if you want apaches)

This seems to not be sticking for you..

The fallujah map you played on is basically a custom DayZ mod.. Meaning the banned vehicle list is completely different.
The Apache and many others are banned in the official Fallujah and Taviana map.
To spawn a banned vehicle on a different map theirs 2 ways to do it.

1. rmod
I was not running rMod, nor was anyone else playing on these servers. I've already confirmed this.

2. Make your own version of that map with those vehicles unbanned.. this requires users to download a special mod from you and install it...
The maps we were playing were the official Fallujah and Taviana maps. I did not have to download anything other than the official maps from DayZ commander. They are also not just being created by hackers/scripts.
So do this if you dont want anyone to bother with your server that has apaches flying around on it (I mean wtf? go play arma if you want apaches)
I do want people to join my server. That's the point.

I suggest you try the server in my original post for yourself and see what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm just not articulating it well.

Here is a similar thread:
Code:
http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/bliss-vehicles.1828/

At any rate, I'm done posting. I didn't mean to upset anybody and I'm sorry if I did. I thought it would be a simple answer. Thanks to everyone for their responses all the same.

You can open up the mission file from that server and see any modding they did via that. The standard answer is you need to install r mod or install one of those maps that have custom vehicles in it, some of the maps have Apaches but they just don't spawn because they have a different name.

just like how you can currently spawn a A-10 in vanilla Day Z, it is possible to add new vehicles via class files and sqf files, however that is something that is currently outside the scope of support i can provide. You can make new objects using old models, how locked down dayz is in that respect i dont know because i haven't really messed with that part of the mod, i let rmod deal with the heavy lifting.

Honestly just install rmod and use the six launcher it works every time, it doesn't matter if you have rmod or dayz+ just add it to your server boot it up and then connect via six, it will do all the installations you need. you dont need to do any work other than installing it.

rmod is 2.5mb it will take any normal person with broadband a minute or two to download and be done with it, it will never screw up other dayz servers because mods are modular.

The only "Bad" thing about rmod is it does fix the lights in several places, so you might notice a one off red light like wtf is that... only to end up getting screwed because of all the other stuff with out lights on the way there.

im with Dayz.st and we can add custom spawns.. the apache witch is spawnable on Chernarus without rMod has this class name AH64D_EP1 and you can spawn in the Mi24_D too and those are the correct class names.. only the machineguns work

^^ AH64D apache is no longer blacklisted on any map, for some reason it was un blacklisted in the last community dayz release and just not put into spawn on any server naturaly. You can use these to spawn one

Code:
AH64D_EP1

Code:
AH64D

There was also an armored vodnik type vehicle un blacklisted, though i haven't checked recently to see if thats still the case

^^ AH64D apache is no longer blacklisted on any map, for some reason it was un blacklisted in the last community dayz release and just not put into spawn on any server naturaly. You can use these to spawn one

Code:
AH64D_EP1

Code:
AH64D

There was also an armored vodnik type vehicle un blacklisted, though i haven't checked recently to see if thats still the case

Neither of these work on my server :/

Have also tried spawning the apache, saw that it was unbanned. I get the usual error in my .rpt file as if it is still banned. Is it possible to overwrite the config file using the bliss mod ?

Does anyone know the class id of this light armored vehicle?

(I am on Dayz.st Namalsk server and I can spawn AH64D_EP1, Mi24_V, Mi24_P and Mi24_d)

A vehicle in the 3d editor deosn't mean that the vehicle is unbanned or will work in Dayz.

The Mi-24 has had it's base clase removed, so while you can spawn in a Mi-24D, it inherits all its stats, weapons, pilots, models from the Mi-24 base, which is banned. You won't get anything from that.

Some of the helicopters (Mi-17) for example are build off of base classes like the Mi-24, which is why you are now seeing these in the editor.

Best way to check if something is banned or not is to look in Dayz_Anim >>> config.cpp and look for the class, a "//" in front of the vehicle means that the ban is skipped and the vehicle can be spawned. Rocket banned everyvehicle then unbanned them one-by-one, so every vehicle should in the config.cpp.

Back