Banned vehicles spawning WITHOUT rMod

edit: thought i will edit this post so the way to unban it is not known don't want hackers all over the place.

Not true at all, if it spawns in the editor, this means client side it is unbanned..

That is incorrect, there is a difference between banned and not in the vehicle spawn locations. An example is the AH-64 the OP is talking about. On Tavi I can spawn it in the editor.

I pulled this from Dayz_Taviana >>> Dayz_Anim >>> config.cpp
Code:
class AH64D: Banned {};
class AH64D_Sidewinders: Banned {};
class Mi24_V: Banned {};
class Mi24_P: Banned {};
class Mi24_D: Banned {};
class Mi24_D_TK_EP1: Banned {};

You can get it in the editor, but you can't spawn it on a live server

EDIT:
Quick note: Bans aren't located in Dayz_Vehicles, they are in Dayz_Anim and most of the dayz vehicles are located in Dayz_Code

well you can, i do it on my server, mtvr's, ural skins and all the listed above.
If you look into client code, you'll see the mistakes, in the private server section of the forums, i posted a video with some features of my vanilla server, in there you'll witness apaches for example :) you've just got to look into it, join our server and i'll pick you up...in one.

forget what half of this says

AH64D: Banned {};

well you can, i do it on my server, mtvr's, ural skins and all the listed above.
If you look into client code, you'll see the mistakes, in the private server section of the forums, i posted a video with some features of my vanilla server, in there you'll witness apaches for example :) you've just got to look into it, join our server and i'll pick you up...in one.

forget what half of this says

AH64D: Banned {};

I have apaches, hinds, and mtvr's on my server as well that apparently i shouldn't have because they are all banned. Do you have links for some of this client side mistatkes? I would like to spawn whatever i can before it gets fixed. Also is there anyway one could edit to allow more vehicles with out rmod?

thanks

the issue with editing vehicles is you need to change the configs for the class, which require .cfg files, you could also try a .cpp file or even a .bin that has the override class. the issue however is when a pbo file contains a cfg file it becomes an addon and the mission wont download to the client, at least this is what the biki says.

you can try to override the configs using hpp files , i was going to try that however from my understand the way the mod is setup is you can only add to the dayz classes to override stuff you need another mod that loads dayz as a requirement. thats how i changed the side the ai are on with my factions mod.

So I am going to assume that these lines from my arma2oaserver.rpt explain why I can spawn these items in my server without rmod.

Code:
Updating base class Banned->Truck, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_fixedtoohighgetouttrucks\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MTVR/
Updating base class FakeWeapon->CannonCore, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_ctwsmuzzleflashatwrongposition\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CTWS/
Updating base class Banned->AH64_base_EP1, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsah64\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH64D/
Updating base class Banned->AH64_base_EP1, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsah64\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH64D_EP1/
Updating base class Banned->Mi24_Base_RU, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsmi24\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi24_V/
Updating base class Banned->Mi24_Base_RU, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsmi24\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi24_P/
Updating base class Banned->Mi24_Base_CDF, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsmi24\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi24_D/

I am hoping that this may help someone with more ARMA2 code know how to unban more vehicles :)

that comes from this: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/arma-2-ccp
Which is another mod, a mod is still needed in either case because dayz will overwrite any changes you make to classes when it inits the mission, the reason being is that the classes are set to write protected which means you can't change them using code in missions.

The other issue is that unless you specifically readd all the "code" that makes a vehicle work is missing when you see:
Code:
class CfgVehicles {
    class All;
    class Banned: All
    {
        stopThis = true;
    };
class Ins_Soldier_2: Banned {};

This means that if you tried to spawn a "Ins_Soldier_2" the createvehicle is going to crap out because there is no data that the engine about this unit, by parent class it lost all the "man" code that makes it work. this "{}" literally deletes all the code that makes this unit.

you still need a mod like rmod to unban vehicles because dayz deletes the data from memory after it loads, there are work arounds however its easier to just mod them back in.

tldr; if you want the stuff in rmod install rmod, if rmod is missing something then make your own mod that adds the classes back in, contact me on skype or hop on my ts3 server if further information is needed.

If you want some reading material it can be found on these two pages:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Class_Inheritance
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference

I believe the answer will ultimately be: install ___ mod to get ____.
Open windows explorer and go to your %appdata% folder go to your Arma 2 OA folder and find the arma2oa.RPT log file,

search for the word " by " with the space before and after

then see things like the following:

Code:
Updating base class FakeWeapon->SCAR_Base, by r_modz\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/SCAR_H_Base/
Updating base class Banned->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\editor_addedallweaponslotsinfantryvariants\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Soldier_Medic_PMC/
Updating base class FakeWeapon->MG36, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\editor_addedlargeweaponvariants\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MG36_camo/
Updating base class FakeWeapon->BAF_AS50_scoped, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\editor_addedlargeweaponvariants\config.bin/CfgWeapons/PMC_AS50_scoped/
Updating base class FakeWeapon->BAF_AS50_TWS, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\editor_addedlargeweaponvariants\config.bin/CfgWeapons/PMC_AS50_TWS/
Updating base class FakeMagazine->CA_LauncherMagazine, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_actualmodelsofweaponmagazinesvisibleontheground\config.bin/CfgMagazines/MAAWS_HEDP/
Updating base class Banned->Tracked_APC, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_addedthermalviewtoa2groundvehicles\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AAV/
Updating base class Banned->HMMWV_Base, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_changedthermaldisplaysystem\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1/
Updating base class Banned->HMMWV_Base, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_changedthermaldisplaysystem\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1/
Updating base class Banned->StaticMortar, by x\cba\addons\xeh_oa\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M252/
Updating base class Banned->Pickup_PK_base, by x\cba\addons\xeh_oa\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class Banned->MQ9PredatorB, by x\cba\addons\xeh_oa\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CruiseMissile2/
Updating base class Banned->Soldier_Base_PMC, by x\cba\addons\xeh_oa\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Soldier_PMC/
Updating base class Banned->Special_Character_Base_PMC, by x\cba\addons\xeh_oa\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Poet_PMC/

if you check your RPT logs it will tell you why those vehicles are spawning, if they are banned and become unbanned they are in that log, they are on the log of ever client that connects to the server. in fact give me the server ip that has this and I can connect and tell you exactly which mods are doing this.

Just making test server with Dayz/CBA/ASR AI and DayZ factions i get the following mods when using six

"-mod=
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;
expansion;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\expansion\beta;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\expansion\beta\expansion;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\@DayZ;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\@CBA_CO;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\@ASR_AI;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\@rMod;
..\Documents\ArmA 2\@DayZ_Factions"

This is something you can see in the log when you connect to any server.

The other day I decided I'd go into the editor, threw like every possible vehicle on the list down.. checked what spawned... And a shitload of them did, I had multiple types of attack helicopters, multiple planes, shitloads of tanks, APCs, hell even the long range missile battery vehicle was fully functional.

Some of the vehicles that were "invisible" in the editor actually spawned in the game, and vise versa.

IMO - Trial and error to see what works and what doesn't... but for me, I def won't be using 99.99% of these vehicles, why bother playing dayz with some of these redic things.

So I am going to assume that these lines from my arma2oaserver.rpt explain why I can spawn these items in my server without rmod.

Code:
Updating base class Banned->Truck, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_fixedtoohighgetouttrucks\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MTVR/
Updating base class FakeWeapon->CannonCore, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_ctwsmuzzleflashatwrongposition\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CTWS/
Updating base class Banned->AH64_base_EP1, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsah64\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH64D/
Updating base class Banned->AH64_base_EP1, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsah64\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH64D_EP1/
Updating base class Banned->Mi24_Base_RU, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsmi24\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi24_V/
Updating base class Banned->Mi24_Base_RU, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsmi24\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi24_P/
Updating base class Banned->Mi24_Base_CDF, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedpylonpositionsmi24\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi24_D/

I am hoping that this may help someone with more ARMA2 code know how to unban more vehicles :)

Do i have to add those lines to my server side arma2oaserver.RPT ?
I can spawn banned vehicles but other players can't see them.
So what to do?

Wrong way:
Open your servers config.cfg file and go to line 30ish and fine the line that reads "requiredBuild", and change it to this:
Code:
requiredBuild = 101747;

Right way:
Code:
install rMod

Doing it the wrong way will eventually make you sorry, just saying this right now.

Im also using dayz.st server (chern) and tested a bunch of vehicles today and the following work. I do not have rmod.

Helis
AH-1z, Ah64D, UH-1Y, MH-60s,

Jet
A-10

Cars
policecar, LadaLM, VWGolf

The helis and jet you can add on the dayz.st map. I think theyre all under rmod. For the cars or to test something not on the list just click custom and then type the classname. Please reply with any more that work.

i just have been on a dayzst server 50.97.49.67:3408
no rmod, vanilla missionfile
but its got: ah64, ah1z, uh1y, ...

how the fck ? srsly i dont get it how?

is there someone a bit butthurt? ;)
the halo script stuff is all there in the damn thread, read... improvise, trial n error ... etc.

but the way dayzst uses to put those vehicles on the map, works for no other serverhoster - i can add AH64D or AH64D_EP1 to the db all day and it wont spawn whatever i do! they have done something to their server files which we cant look into from our side, which are crucial to understand what theyve done.

Not butthurt but i looked throught the whole post and tried stuff.. dident work so i asked for help..

Are you adding both the vehicle and spawnpoint or just the vehicle it self..?

of course i do all of that

instance_vehicle entry
vehicle entry
world_vehicle entry

are all thee but still they wont spawn and its pretty obvious why ... because theyre banned from the mod and propably deleted by the server_cleanup script

Back