Banned vehicles spawning WITHOUT rMod

Tell us your dirty little secret...
I periodically spawn in vehicles on our server that are banned. We have added AH64, M1A1, Venom and a few others. all clients get the message you can not play blah blah... Hit continue and it still lets our clients connect and everything functions normal. There is no rmod installed by the way.

It's been possible to do this since 1.7.3.
I know how it's done, i do it too.

But i will tell you why no-one mentions it, which may upset some people.
Opendayz was opened due to tunngle, at first it was all about "opening dayz" and modding it for fun.

Now we have some people who report any good findings from these forums back to the github and it gets locked down.
Restricting the mod one day at a time.

Standalone is around the corner, so is arma 3 (arma 3 5th march).
Once these get going, dayz as you know it will end.

So for the people who now know the inside secrets, they won't share them.
It's really the last bit of hope.
I stopped sharing and helping, some things that we have done got patched along time ago, and these forums are why.
Regardless, dayz is dayz and the devs see it as this....so they are within the right to put the mod where they want.

Carl who runs most of the github is alright but gets alot of shit, but only because official dayz died along time ago, private servers have 100,000's of players compared to the 30,000 at best on official, and of course, dayz is catering for the official minority.

So when the "community" finds things, has cool features, work arounds, people defend it because people steal it, report it and get it patched and so on.. so you can see it's a bit of an issue...

so why is dayz.st not shutdown already? they make money out of this ... they offer server which do not need rMod installed to unban vehicles and stuff. so ffs tell us or shut the fuck up and dont tease us with your knowledge, which you wont share with us others, who want the ability to actually change something on OUR servers.

FFS

so why is dayz.st not shutdown already? they make money out of this ... they offer server which do not need rMod installed to unban vehicles and stuff. so ffs tell us or shut the fuck up and dont tease us with your knowledge, which you wont share with us others, who want the ability to actually change something on OUR servers.

FFS

Hey man, i've shared enough in dayz, been doing private dayz since anti-rocket.

I am just telling you why people will not share how it's done.
As soon as it's posted on here, it will be patched within a few hours, then no-one can do it.

Hey man, i've shared enough in dayz, been doing private dayz since anti-rocket.

I am just telling you why people will not share how it's done.
As soon as it's posted on here, it will be patched within a few hours, then no-one can do it.

it wasnt directly against you, just the guys before who were like
'I KNOW I KNOW,... but i wont tell you' thats just... wrong

anyways i doubt that the dayz-taviana.com devs are so fast, my private hive is taviana not chernarus

whoa..... wait a minute... are you saying that the entire dayz community dev team is completely clueless about: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
?????

No wonder they have such a hard time fixing all those secrets a few hours after they are posted.....

There is no secret method to spawn these unbanned vehicles, you dont have to be special, you just have to set your minimum build to the latest version of the beta patch. then start your server and check the server.rpt log for what was added by "communityconfigurationproject_e"

The reason is: YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO BE RUNNING PRODUCTION SERVERS WITH BETA PATCHES

The other reason it takes so long to get these patched is because there are more important things, until the dayzmod players complain about the private hives having banned stuff and then it gets patched.

so its really your fault for advertising your server improperly for getting stuff banned.
if people would clearly label there private servers as "private hive with modifications" then the players wouldn't go and narc on these new vehicles.

One last word of advice: Dont do this with out rmod because players dont care if your doing it with a mod or script, your going to piss off the players that dont want to play on modded servers, those players will go and COMPLAIN in the dayzmod forums and will get your cool stuff banned.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

WTF are you talking about with the minimum build of arma2oa beta ? I dont follow.

Anyways, people love the shit I added to my server, and its clearly marked as private hive with modifications. so theres no problem there IMO.

WTF are you talking about with the minimum build of arma2oa beta ? I dont follow.

Anyways, people love the shit I added to my server, and its clearly marked as private hive with modifications. so theres no problem there IMO.

You know when you open your server.cfg file that line that reads:
requiredBuild = 102285; // Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

that means your client loads that version, if we look at the latest version of the beta patch we would find that it includes an addons folder in which you would find a pbo called "CommunityConfigurationProject"

This adds fixes to ARMA, which aren't intended for DAYZ

if you depbo the file and find this folder:

Gameplay_AddedMissingSmokeLaunchersToVodnikBPPU

and then unbin the config.bin file you get the following:

Code:
class CfgPatches {
    class CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Gameplay_AddedMissingSmokeLaunchersToVodnikBPPU {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        requiredAddons[] = {"CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E"};
    };
};

class CfgVehicles {
    class Land;    // External class reference

class LandVehicle : Land {
        class NewTurret;    // External class reference
    };

class Car : LandVehicle {};

class Wheeled_APC : Car {};

class GAZ_Vodnik_HMG : Wheeled_APC {
        smokeLauncherGrenadeCount = 6;
        smokeLauncherVelocity = 14;
        smokeLauncherOnTurret = 1;
        smokeLauncherAngle = 70;

class Turrets {
            class MainTurret : NewTurret {
                weapons[] = {2A42, "PKT_veh", "SmokeLauncher"};
                magazines[] = {"150Rnd_30mmAP_2A42", "150Rnd_30mmHE_2A42", "1500Rnd_762x54_PKT", "SmokeLauncherMag", "SmokeLauncherMag", "SmokeLauncherMag"};
            };
        };
    };
};

Which readds the GAZ_Vodnik_HMG with a 24a2, PKT and Smokelauncher. there are other changes too, that vodnik may or may not work depending on how the fix is put in, it could just crash your server if an animation is called which it should have.

There are no secrets or hidden hacks that server hosts are doing, whats going on is extra classes are getting added because servers are using beta code.

The beta patches are located here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php along with the patch notes.

The community issue tracker were all these bugs get reported is located here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

DayZ is located here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

since they are on the same website i would imagine that they are well aware of the content getting added in not only for that reason but also because its all tracked here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/arma-2-ccp/activity

The matter is only time, no devs are coming here to look for ways to take stuff out of dayz, they have to go to the tunngle forums since that's the one that supports pirating the game. Also the cheats for dayz on the 3 top cheat sites aren't any secret either, its all a matter of time and volunteer help doesn't have much of that to just give away for free.

If anyone has further questions i would encourage you to first go here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Addons

then after reading that if you want to modify dayz and want to learn how to script you should read go here:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Topics

95% of the questions asked could be answered by going to those two links and reading.

If anyone has anymore questions on how to use unbanned vehicles until the devs get around to banning them please let me know.

For the record i dont agree with banning of any items from a game because i believe a mod should add stuff and not take things away. But the responses in this thread really make me want to help contribute to making sure vanilla dayz stays vanilla.

Edit: list of classes unbanned by latest beta build:
http://opendayz.net/index.php?threa...y-arma2_oa_build_102678-ie-without-rmod.8277/

ok and how do this addons affect dayz, arent they already banned with this 'whateverclassname_base' thing in the config file of dayz?

ive tried setting my required build to 102591 and updated everything, the effect was my DART couldnt connect anymore (how weird) and on a evening with a 30+ population on the server, thats a no-go ...

btw does anybody know how hackers make parts of the bridge go missing in taviana?

anyone know the exact class name to place in database for mv22. its already unbanned in my list. but the only name given is Mv22..

is there another class name?

Back