Dogs and anomalies addin scripts

How do I get the anoms to work correctly, isn't there something I need to add to the ini.sqf? Trying to get these to work on my Celle server

Also - I tested the dogs - I like the idea a lot, my big concern with them so far is how if you kill 1, you can spawn another immediately from the doghouse... And they all provide MEAT... which can be easily abused gameplay.

Otherwise excellent stuff. Keep up the good work, hope to see dogs doing more interesting things in the future!

@ Manatee
All your points are valid.
I have fixed and tweaked the anomalies (some weird inconsistancy with clientside CreateVehicleLocal; sometimes they dont spawn).
I will delay getting a new dog by 2 minutes.

I will upload the new files after I zzzZZlept...

Awesome, thanks.

Did you update the file to include the tweaks to anomalies or is that on tmrws list of things to do?

Things I have thought about regarding doghouse limitations - Max 1 dog per dog house per restart OR Based on a time period.. So no one can grab a second dog in X amount of time. This way not everyone has a dog (even though I think they are cool)

Also - I like the fact they can pretty much travel with you (including if you bail out of a heli and parachute down (would be sick to give them their own little parachute too. Would look funny at least)

Also is there a way that might exist so that you can KEEP your dog after logging out, some kind of way of say asking him to stay in your tent?

And was wondering if having it retaliate against players hurting you is possible (all the while making the dogs a tiny bit more durable to compensate for them being rather easy to target)

Regardless - All of these are mere suggestions, the fact you got dogs working is plenty enough for me!... NExt up someone needs to coem up with horses you can ride.

Awesome, thanks.

Did you update the file to include the tweaks to anomalies or is that on tmrws list of things to do?
files slightly changed and added some health settings
Things I have thought about regarding doghouse limitations - Max 1 dog per dog house per restart OR Based on a time period.. So no one can grab a second dog in X amount of time. This way not everyone has a dog (even though I think they are cool)
maximum amount settings of dogs in server (default) is 10.
Also - I like the fact they can pretty much travel with you (including if you bail out of a heli and parachute down (would be sick to give them their own little parachute too. Would look funny at least)

Also is there a way that might exist so that you can KEEP your dog after logging out, some kind of way of say asking him to stay in your tent?
Script an existing unused special item like dog_tags with a dog items can be stored in db and tent. (maybe someone else will make this)
And was wondering if having it retaliate against players hurting you is possible (all the while making the dogs a tiny bit more durable to compensate for them being rather easy to target)
That is more or less possible change in dog.sqf: (_foo isKindOf "zZombie_Base") replace with (side _foo != side _leader) but I was not completely happy with the result.

Regardless - All of these are mere suggestions, the fact you got dogs working is plenty enough for me!... NExt up someone needs to coem up with horses you can ride.
I think a cow or goat is within the possibilities.

====files updated, changes in 26-1-2013 version====
1. Anomaly files - Anomalies should spawn correctly now.
2. Dog files - If your dog dies you can't immediately get a new dog.
3. Minor tweaks - teleport health consequenses changed, added teleport sound, text corrections.

You can download file on first page. Please let me know if something is not working.
Cheers, piXel

====files updated, changes in 26-1-2013 version====
1. Anomaly files - Anomalies should spawn correctly now.
2. Dog files - If your dog dies you can't immediately get a new dog.
3. Minor tweaks - teleport health consequenses changed, added teleport sound, text corrections.

You can download file on first page. Please let me know if something is not working.
Cheers, piXel
сейчас устроим тест ))

Omg. riding a cow... and having it be a packmule of sorts - Find spare bags and tie them onto it. (1 on each side or something or 2).... and have it walk around with you.. and tell it to stay etc... Obviously slow traveling mofo... but still an interesting alternative to vehicular travel.

Also - What would be the correct way of implementing the anomalies on a different map?

will this be able to work with dayztaviana.com ? im trying to implement it to my server, but i noticed you never initialize the doginit.sqf anywhere in the mission, how does it work then? o_O

its at all possible for me to get dogs on taviana, or is it dependant on chernarus?

The dependencies to install it on any map

1. The addin folder contains the script files.
2. The mission.sqm contains the objects with on the initline the initialisation of the scripts:
init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";
3. The description.ext links the reference to sounds:
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"
4. The file init.sqf in the section "(isServer)" declares an empty arrey of dogowners:
dogOwner = [];

Скажите пожалуйста, как оставить только собак и убрать все аномалии ?
Tell me please, how to leave only dogs and to clean all anomalies?

@VentZero
doghouses AND at the initline the initialisation of the scripts:

@ispan55
95% chance to die. If you change file setHealth.sqf with:
if (isserver) exitwith {};

private ["_noDeath"];
_noDeath = round(random 20.25);
if (_noDeath == 3) then
{
//====player lives 5% chance====
r_player_inpain = false;
dayz_hunger= 0;
dayz_thirst = 0;
}
else
{
//====player dies 95% chance====
r_player_inpain = true;
r_player_blood = 10;
r_player_infected = true;
r_player_injured = true;
r_fracture_legs = true;
r_fracture_arms = true;
r_player_lowblood = true;
};

ок
@VentZero
doghouses AND at the initline the initialisation of the scripts:

@ispan55
95% chance to die. If you change file setHealth.sqf with:
if (isserver) exitwith {};

private ["_noDeath"];
_noDeath = round(random 20.25);
if (_noDeath == 3) then
{
//====player lives 5% chance====
r_player_inpain = false;
dayz_hunger= 0;
dayz_thirst = 0;
}
else
{
//====player dies 95% chance====
r_player_inpain = true;
r_player_blood = 10;
r_player_infected = true;
r_player_injured = true;
r_fracture_legs = true;
r_fracture_arms = true;
r_player_lowblood = true;
};

thanks now we will test

If to use just the dog script in your own map.
Take the items from the mission.sqm that say dog and past them in your own map + install notes from post 2.

If to just disable anomalies.
remove all items that say anomaly in the mission.sqm

In both cases adjust total count: class Vehicles in the mission.sqm

ok i put doghouses on the map, and added the init line to the init.sqf and the include to the description.ext

i drive up to the doghouses, no dogs around

Back