Dogs and anomalies addin scripts

@VentZer0
ok.., you did well. But doghouses or doghouses from my mission.sqm.
To make a doghouse work in your mission.sqm. It should look like:
class Item64
{
position[]={5992.1475,266.90317,10345.947};
placement=100;
special="NONE";
id=64;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
leader=1;
skill=0.2;
health=0;
fuel=0;
ammo=0;
text="dog_4";
init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";
};

IF this does not work attach your original (without your dog changes) "dayz_X.traviana" folder in .zip. I will have a look at it.

ok didnt work ... my doghouses look like this :
Code:
class Item1405
        {
            position[]={10625.176,68.766388,6577.9683};
            azimut=-70.104828;
            id=1480;
            side="EMPTY";
            skill=0.2;
            init="this setpos [10625.176, 6577.9683, 0.00025177002];";
        };

i change it into :

Code:
        class Item1405
        {
            azimut=-70.104828;
            id=1480;
            side="EMPTY";
            skill=0.2;
            health=0;
            fuel=0;
            ammo=0;
            text="dog_1";
        };

We could endup in debugging for hours and your initline is fine. I see possible discrepancies in

class Item1405
{
azimut=-70.104828;
id=1480;
side="EMPTY";
skill=0.2;
health=0;
fuel=0;
ammo=0;
text="dog_1";
};
And there was a setpos for some reason in your original initline and it also can be that the numbering of the total ammount of items in mission.sqm declared in: class vehicles is not correct. My wild guess is the doghouse does not showup.

If different, attach your working mission folder in .zip with one added empty working doghouse called "dog_1" and I will give you a push in the right direction.

the doghouses appear, but no dogs.
how do i couple the 2 init lines into one, so that setpos and the script are called within one line?
because i will attempt it one more time to place a single doghouse and then try again if a dog will appear

oh btw i guess the ID is not the problem, all my added stuff has this ... and it works just fine

It seems as if you spawn the doghouse 6500 meters up in the sky?

Anyway integrated it should look like this:
init="this setpos [10625.176, 6577.9683, 0.00025177002]; _nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";
Although I would prefer (executes faster):
init="this setposATL [10625.176, 6577.9683, 0]; nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";

I did it on the Map Editor. I set some dog houses and then joined the map together with the original. Then all I have to do is edting the new mission.sqm.
Here is an example for Lingor:
Code:
class Item8
        {
            position[]={4364.2065,24.996872,4921.2134};
            placement=0;
            special="NONE";
            id=109;
            side="EMPTY";
            skill=0.2;
            health=0;
            fuel=0;
            ammo=0;
            text="dog";

If i turned the placment to 100, the object were not at the position, where i placed it.
So i set it to "0".

no theres a difference with the format of the coords its not XYZ its XZY ... weird i know

ok i will test that, thanks

ok i got it to work, but those dogs ae kinda glitchy when youre in helicopters .. some of the dogs broke the knees of their owners while getting in and out :/

Hello,
Pixel I want to try your dog script, but I am not sure how to go about it. I currently have added some buildings, and the BTC logistics script, I've even changed all my loot tables, but I still don't understand a few things here.

Ok, first of all I use the 3D editor, and then I just make a Biedi file, and add that to my Bliss data base. I see in all your examples that you are looking at the buildings in the mission. pbo. I don't put buildings in that way though. Is there a way for someone who just puts in buildings with the SQL feature to enable the dogs? Can I simply add the init information to building in the 3d editor?

Sorry if I sound like a total noob, I guess I'm just a "light" editor. Here's a copy of my mission.pbo. It's a Taviana map. Any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    95 KB · Views: 16
omg, ACTUALLY GOT IT TO WORK! I used a program called Arma 3d to 2d by Danzer.

Hey Pixel i have your custom load screen now, and if you tell me how I will credit you on the load in , like " Dogs by Pixel" and a contact for you if you want? I want everyone to know this was your work!

Hi Calzaghe. That is good news you got it working!

It's nice to see people using the scripts, am not so much interested in personal credits. The general idea is showing how it works and keep files small (loadscreen=6KB).

Hey pixel how would I make a second type of dog, but with a little more powerful attacks, and able to attack a bit faster, and defend against bandits (or survivors if you are a bandit)? I'd liek to have a dog, and a "dog +" that is just a bit more rare.

I made a second dog basically, but as dog1.sqf. It works great! Thanks man. By the way, great job on the anomalies too. We loaded them up just to try it, and it's a really creative (and small) package!

Pixel I wanted to check out your test server, but I honestly do not know how to find servers on the official list. Can you give me the IP?

I am on and off online. My testServername is (search): piXel 496
You and others are more than welcome to test and chat.
currently working on:
intro and
cargolift.jpg

bicycle.jpg

pickup.jpg

Pixel there is a problem with the filter on Arma2 mulitplayer. Your server shows up for just a split second, and I cannot connect to it before it disapears. Is there an IP ? I would like to come help you test stuff! The chopper crashes are broke on Dayz.st anyway : P

Pixel there is a problem with the filter on Arma2 mulitplayer. Your server shows up for just a split second, and I cannot connect to it before it disapears. Is there an IP ? I would like to come help you test stuff! The chopper crashes are broke on Dayz.st anyway : P

Calz, did you manage to get the EOD dog thing going? That's def up on my list of things to do (Along with fixing keypads for base building)

Hit me up sometime

Dayz.st is getting FTP access tonight, so we can probably make anything work now. I'll tell you tomorrow, and Pixel I still cannot see your server, not on commander either.​

Back