HOW TO ADD MORE BUILDINGS TO BASE BUILDING 1.2

Hey,
maybe one of you guys can give me a answer. I addet Tents to Base-Building, but now they dont save the gear.
I have also Ammo-boxes which i spawn via Database and they work perfect. After i checked my RPT i noticed something that could be the issue:
Code:
6:51:10 "Spawned: "112354427100360" TentStorage"
6:51:10 "SERVER: in allbuildables_class:TentStorage !"
6:51:10 "SERVER: TentStorage _isDestructable = false"
6:51:10 "Spawned: TentStorage Handle Damage False"

And for the Ammo-Crates its just:
Code:
7:38:41 "Spawned: "001" USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1"

Hope one of you guys can help me with this one :)

Howdy guys, having a small issue with adding a new building material.
I've followed the tutorial down to the letter (except the file "refresh_recipe_dialog.sqf" was "refresh_build_recipe_dialog.sqf" for me), but I have an issue when accessing the build menu.

I should add that I'm Rosska85's fix and running 1.8. Normally everything works fine, and I've even added objects and had them working in game.

After following the tutorial, and going over it again multiple times ensuring I had it correct, I'm still running in to an error preventing me from building anything at all. All variable spaces come up as 'xany' or 'any'. No images are shown on the build GUI. Clicking 'View list' shows the GUI, with no items present at all.

Here's what it looks like. (note the added Jerry Can isn't present either)
ZWoFvg8.jpg

So before adding the jerrycan, the building was working perfectly (with added custom buildings and recipes too), however now even that's not working, after attempting to add the new part.

Here is my server_functions.sqf
Here is my player_build.sqf
Here is my build_list.sqf
Here is my refresh_build_recipe_dialog.sqf
And finally, my player_recipeBook.sqf

If you need any more files or information let me know and I can get them.

Any assistance solving this would be much appreciated!

Edit; I reverted back to the backup I had before trying the jerrycan materials, and I still had the error, so it's obviously somewhere else. I've decided for now I'll just stick with the current materials.

I am having an issue with some items not saving to the database, but that's another story.

If anyone would would like to share their build lists, I'd be happy to put mine up too!

I have a custom item I've added (SignM_UN_Base_EP1) and placed in the game. I've got other scripts attached to this object, which don't work. The sign does not appear in game, however it is in the database.

Any suggestions?

I have a custom item I've added (SignM_UN_Base_EP1) and placed in the game. I've got other scripts attached to this object, which don't work. The sign does not appear in game, however it is in the database.

Any suggestions?

is it a banned item?
have you tried placing it in the editor then loading it via a SQF ? (check out custom buildings on this site)

Howdy guys, having a small issue with adding a new building material.
I've followed the tutorial down to the letter (except the file "refresh_recipe_dialog.sqf" was "refresh_build_recipe_dialog.sqf" for me), but I have an issue when accessing the build menu.

I should add that I'm Rosska85's fix and running 1.8. Normally everything works fine, and I've even added objects and had them working in game.

After following the tutorial, and going over it again multiple times ensuring I had it correct, I'm still running in to an error preventing me from building anything at all. All variable spaces come up as 'xany' or 'any'. No images are shown on the build GUI. Clicking 'View list' shows the GUI, with no items present at all.

Here's what it looks like. (note the added Jerry Can isn't present either)
ZWoFvg8.jpg

So before adding the jerrycan, the building was working perfectly (with added custom buildings and recipes too), however now even that's not working, after attempting to add the new part.

Here is my server_functions.sqf
Here is my player_build.sqf
Here is my build_list.sqf
Here is my refresh_build_recipe_dialog.sqf
And finally, my player_recipeBook.sqf

If you need any more files or information let me know and I can get them.

Any assistance solving this would be much appreciated!

Edit; I reverted back to the backup I had before trying the jerrycan materials, and I still had the error, so it's obviously somewhere else. I've decided for now I'll just stick with the current materials.

I am having an issue with some items not saving to the database, but that's another story.

If anyone would would like to share their build lists, I'd be happy to put mine up too!

i have had this happen to me many times while adding new items,
revert is the only option until i figure out what causes this to happen
PLEASE NOTE THE TUT FOR NEW MATERIALS IS NOT 100%

I've had it appearing in the server after building it, but after the server restarts, the item isn't visible in game, but it still exists in the database.
Could a banned item be placed in the first place? I'll look in to spawning it in the meantime too

Hey,
maybe one of you guys can give me a answer. I addet Tents to Base-Building, but now they dont save the gear.
I have also Ammo-boxes which i spawn via Database and they work perfect. After i checked my RPT i noticed something that could be the issue:
Code:
6:51:10 "Spawned: "112354427100360" TentStorage"
6:51:10 "SERVER: in allbuildables_class:TentStorage !"
6:51:10 "SERVER: TentStorage _isDestructable = false"
6:51:10 "Spawned: TentStorage Handle Damage False"

And for the Ammo-Crates its just:
Code:
7:38:41 "Spawned: "001" USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1"

Hope one of you guys can help me with this one :)

Try adding a tent to you inventory and see if they work ( dont build it just get the tent item)

If not try a fresh install with tents only, no ammo box

I've had it appearing in the server after building it, but after the server restarts, the item isn't visible in game, but it still exists in the database.
Could a banned item be placed in the first place? I'll look in to spawning it in the meantime too

dayz is weird, i can spawn some banned items, they appear for a few seconds, even write to db, then they disapper
other items wont even appear or they break base building
try spawning the item manually (SQF) and see it stays on restart.

So I've added a bunch of buildings with the assistance of your write-up (thanks!) and I seem to be having an issue. Every building that i've added, I cannot build. It begins to place the building and then it says "House cannot be built inside of building" even if I am nowhere near a building (I went out to the middle of an empty field to try).

I also seem to be having an issue with some buildings that when I go to build them, I am INSIDE of them, therefore if I were to place them, I would die or at least be severely injured. Does anyone have a fix or advice for this?

you have your build option wrong double check this part of the guide

IMPORTANT: EACH item must have a different recipe or they wont work!
set the required building materials by changing the numbers at the start
[TankTrap, SandBags, Wires, Logs, Scrap Metal, Grenades
[0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0]

EG: 2 tanktraps and 2 logs [2, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0]

now set any other options using the true/false section
below is a example setup and what each option means
(not all options work as far as i can tell needs more work)

_toolBox, _eTool, _medWait, _longWait, _inBuilding, _roadAllowed, _inTown, _removable, _isStructure, _isSimulated, _isDestructable];
true, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, false, true, false

must have toolbox
must have entrenching tool
medium wait time
no long wait time (only use one wait time)
cant be built in buildings
cant be built on roads
cant be built in towns (this requires additional setup just)
cant be removed
is not a structure
is simulated (not sure what this does)
is not destructible

I've yet to spawn anything manually, but after some testing, it appears that none of my custom buildings are saving in game, but are appearing in the database.
I do have them entered in to the deployables table. I assume the id number does not matter, so long as it's unique.

I've noticed too that nothing seems to save to my instance_deployable table, even the items that I have built that save.

I've yet to spawn anything manually, but after some testing, it appears that none of my custom buildings are saving in game, but are appearing in the database.
I do have them entered in to the deployables table. I assume the id number does not matter, so long as it's unique.

I've noticed too that nothing seems to save to my instance_deployable table, even the items that I have built that save.

im in the process of adding Base building to my EPOCH repack, as well as writing a new TUT, ill test the not saving issue and will post my findings later today (after 7pm)

In the variables.sqf, I do notice an array 'SafeObjects', which is the first I've seen/heard of it in any of the installation or customization that I've followed.
None of the objects I've tried to place come up in this array, and I can't find any mention of it anywhere else. It must have some relevance to something. Perhaps you know where this is used? I will try adding my objects to this list to see if they will stay then.

Code:
    SafeObjects = ["Land_Fire_DZ", "TentStorage", "Wire_cat1", "Sandbag1_DZ", "Hedgehog_DZ", "StashSmall", "StashMedium", "BearTrap_DZ", "DomeTentStorage", "CamoNet_DZ", "Trap_Cans", "TrapTripwireFlare", "TrapBearTrapSmoke", "TrapTripwireGrenade", "TrapTripwireSmoke", "TrapBearTrapFlare", "Grave", "Concrete_Wall_EP1", "Infostand_2_EP1", "WarfareBDepot", "Base_WarfareBBarrier10xTall", "WarfareBCamp", "Base_WarfareBBarrier10x", "Land_fortified_nest_big", "Land_Fort_Watchtower", "Land_fort_rampart_EP1", "Land_HBarrier_large", "Land_fortified_nest_small", "Land_BagFenceRound", "Land_fort_bagfence_long", "Land_Misc_Cargo2E", "Misc_Cargo1Bo_military", "Ins_WarfareBContructionSite", "Land_pumpa", "Land_CncBlock", "Misc_cargo_cont_small_EP1", "Land_prebehlavka", "Fence_corrugated_plate", "ZavoraAnim", "Land_tent_east", "Land_CamoNetB_EAST", "Land_CamoNetB_NATO", "Land_CamoNetVar_EAST", "Land_CamoNetVar_NATO", "Land_CamoNet_EAST", "Land_CamoNet_NATO", "Fence_Ind_long", "Fort_RazorWire", "Fence_Ind"];

edit;

That's it!! I added my items to that array, and when I logged in, All of them were there without needing to build them again (keeping in mind, mine stayed in the database). And they stay after server restart too.

If your items are disappearing after server restart, find your variables.sqf
There is an array 'SafeObjects = ["blah","blah"]; Add the names of your objects to this array, save and compile. Your items should now not disappear!

edit 2;
perhaps I spoke too soon, or broke something else. It would seem now the build menu does not show at all.
Must have knocked some other setting, because this does actually work!

In the variables.sqf, I do notice an array 'SafeObjects', which is the first I've seen/heard of it in any of the installation or customization that I've followed.
None of the objects I've tried to place come up in this array, and I can't find any mention of it anywhere else. It must have some relevance to something. Perhaps you know where this is used? I will try adding my objects to this list to see if they will stay then.

Code:
    SafeObjects = ["Land_Fire_DZ", "TentStorage", "Wire_cat1", "Sandbag1_DZ", "Hedgehog_DZ", "StashSmall", "StashMedium", "BearTrap_DZ", "DomeTentStorage", "CamoNet_DZ", "Trap_Cans", "TrapTripwireFlare", "TrapBearTrapSmoke", "TrapTripwireGrenade", "TrapTripwireSmoke", "TrapBearTrapFlare", "Grave", "Concrete_Wall_EP1", "Infostand_2_EP1", "WarfareBDepot", "Base_WarfareBBarrier10xTall", "WarfareBCamp", "Base_WarfareBBarrier10x", "Land_fortified_nest_big", "Land_Fort_Watchtower", "Land_fort_rampart_EP1", "Land_HBarrier_large", "Land_fortified_nest_small", "Land_BagFenceRound", "Land_fort_bagfence_long", "Land_Misc_Cargo2E", "Misc_Cargo1Bo_military", "Ins_WarfareBContructionSite", "Land_pumpa", "Land_CncBlock", "Misc_cargo_cont_small_EP1", "Land_prebehlavka", "Fence_corrugated_plate", "ZavoraAnim", "Land_tent_east", "Land_CamoNetB_EAST", "Land_CamoNetB_NATO", "Land_CamoNetVar_EAST", "Land_CamoNetVar_NATO", "Land_CamoNet_EAST", "Land_CamoNet_NATO", "Fence_Ind_long", "Fort_RazorWire", "Fence_Ind"];

edit;

That's it!! I added my items to that array, and when I logged in, All of them were there without needing to build them again (keeping in mind, mine stayed in the database). And they stay after server restart too.

If your items are disappearing after server restart, find your variables.sqf
There is an array 'SafeObjects = ["blah","blah"]; Add the names of your objects to this array, save and compile. Your items should now not disappear!

edit 2;
perhaps I spoke too soon, or broke something else. It would seem now the build menu does not show at all.
Must have knocked some other setting, because this does actually work!

Knew i missed something :p great find, ill added to the current TUT, until the new one is ready!

The adding materials guide here is missing some steps which are needed to make it fully working.

I have now fully merged Basebuilding 1.2 and Epoch 1.0.1 Crafting System

If I have time I will try to update the guide, but you have to edit the graphical HUD to your needs. I made the HUD larger in the width and moved much things closer to the right that I'm able to add a second row of materials. Maybe not best way if you want to add only 1-2 materials but for additional 6 it was the best way I could think of.

This is how it looks like

Aaw6zBO.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old post but if you could share your build_recipe_dialog.hpp from this screenshot it would be much appreciated I need to add a second row also

I also am needing to add a second row, would be much appreciated if someone who has achieved this could share it.
Kikyou2 hasn't been seen for a few months, so the likelihood of getting his is rather low unfortunately.

Looking good! I never even though of using some of the junk that spawns. Cloth, bricks, electronics, and those crates. a lot of possibilities thinking about them!
Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Back