Possible Nuke script / fallout like experience on server?

Back to the main subject, the nuke event...could scripts be mashed together, in a working fashion, and have the nuke used as an event? Like the heli crashes? This way its random, and not on a set location every time? I'm fixing to get creative.....maybe lol

Yes, it can be setup to run randomly at random locations. Mine launches at random times and strikes a random city. Air Raid sirens go off for 5 mins in the city to be nuked to warn people to get out. The resulting radiation is present for 15 mins. All options (damage, timers, nuke locs, radiation damage and length etc) are configurable. I still have a few kinks to work out and I am adding some stuff to it so it's not ready for public consumption but there is a video of it in action on an earlier page of this thread.

I'm not sure if I can help out but I've seen these scripts in some other forums. I know nothing about scripting but Its indicated there that the nuke script is a mash up of multiple scripts into one.

Here's the Youtube video of it in action

According to the post, the problem with the script is that it doesn't do any damage. Also not sure if this is client side or server side only.

I can't post the code because it's more than 10,000 characters. Here's the link to the page:
http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/a...nuke-script-help-own-private-dayz-server.html

mash this up with a randon dynamic carpet bombing script and this radiated zones script: http://opendayz.net/threads/epoch-1-0-3-radiated-zones.17614/#post-92431 then i think it will look good.

We just need a good samaritan who can help to do this for the community

Last edited:
The problem with that script, besides the fact it doesn't do any damage, is that it is controlled and launched by the players. The last thing you want is players being able to nuke any target of their choice even if it isn't doing damage.

The problem with that script, besides the fact it doesn't do any damage, is that it is controlled and launched by the players. The last thing you want is players being able to nuke any target of their choice even if it isn't doing damage.

My intention of posting that is for scripters to have a guide and have an idea how to come up with the nuke script as a basis. From there they can choose to remove the part where players can control the launched nukes. As I mentioned, if someone can use that as a guide to get the nuke part of the script + mash it with a random dynamic carpet bomb script + radiated zones + configurable damage then it would be very helpful for the community.

My intention of posting that is for scripters to have a guide and have an idea how to come up with the nuke script as a basis. From there they can choose to remove the part where players can control the launched nukes. As I mentioned, if someone can use that as a guide to get the nuke part of the script + mash it with a random dynamic carpet bomb script + radiated zones + configurable damage then it would be very helpful for the community.

You mean like this...

I'm not sure if I can help out but I've seen these scripts in some other forums. I know nothing about scripting but Its indicated there that the nuke script is a mash up of multiple scripts into one.

Here's the Youtube video of it in action

According to the post, the problem with the script is that it doesn't do any damage. Also not sure if this is client side or server side only.

I can't post the code because it's more than 10,000 characters. Here's the link to the page:
http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/a...nuke-script-help-own-private-dayz-server.html

mash this up with a randon dynamic carpet bombing script and this radiated zones script: http://opendayz.net/threads/epoch-1-0-3-radiated-zones.17614/#post-92431 then i think it will look good.

We just need a good samaritan who can help to do this for the community

unfortunatly this does not call any remote execution and will most likely not run on any other client that the one firing the nuke

@FoamysWorld its not a guide but just a poor attempt to brag, when you are not releasing the code or directions like he did

also, you did not write that script to begin with ... none of you actually did

@FoamysWorld not to sound negative here but you seem to keep on posting your video on this forum. Do you have the intention to release your script? If not I think your can keep your video to yourself to save the forum some space so those who wants to contribute will not be flooded. But don;t get me wrong because if you have the intention of doing so, I think a lot of people will thank you

@Forum Moderator - is this forum for support purpose or for stoking egos? obviously someone's acting like a troll here who thinks he has the biggest club amongst everyone.

Last edited:
1) It's not done yet....
2) I am trying to help steer you guys in the right direction, perhaps someone will beat me to a finished version.
3) I am still on the fence about releasing it for obvious reasons.
4) I re posted the video so not to confuse which video I was referring to since a different video was posted directly after my reference.

Not to mention people keep asking if stuff is possible that is in the video so it should answer the questions of which of the things people are asking about can/can't be done. (Air raid sirens, server launched nukes and radiation zones with adjustable damage)

If you don't want my input folks I can easily shut up and leave you all to it.

Halv I stated what I used in my first post, so you continuing to bring it up is needless, I give credit where credit is due when it's due. Besides it took a lot more than what was there to make it work or it would have been done by now. I've seen some of your script work Halv, you seem like a bright dude, you should know better than that.

1) It's not done yet....
2) I am trying to help steer you guys in the right direction, perhaps someone will beat me to a finished version.
3) I am still on the fence about releasing it for obvious reasons.
4) I re posted the video so not to confuse which video I was referring to since a different video was posted directly after my reference.

Not to mention people keep asking if stuff is possible that is in the video so it should answer the questions of which of the things people are asking about can/can't be done. (Air raid sirens, server launched nukes and radiation zones with adjustable damage)

If you don't want my input folks I can easily shut up and leave you all to it.

Halv I stated what I used in my first post, so you continuing to bring it up is needless, I give credit where credit is due when it's due. Besides it took a lot more than what was there to make it work or it would have been done by now. I've seen some of your script work Halv, you seem like a bright dude, you should know better than that.

I don't think that people "don't want your input." I think the opposite is true. People want your input. People would like for you to share what you have so far and maybe someone would be able to help you improve on it. I think because you've posted frequently in this thread alluding to something you may have, but haven't actually shared anything, has just got some people turned off.

I'm agree release the script if you want it to be finished at all. Plus what would be the obvious reasons you talking about? I'm just wondering

Call me gunshy, when I first posted I stated I wasn't finished and I was pretty much attacked for not releasing it when reading the part where I said it wasn't done should have eliminated that attack. Not a very cool way to greet me... it was like being punched after meeting someone for the first time.

I have no issue sharing my stuff, just not to people like that, which is why I give input to help steer those interested in the right direction until I get mine ready, at which point I will decide what to do with it. I have a bunch of stuff I am looking to release that I have been working on but if I am just gonna keep getting crap then I might as well just stop coming here and go play on my server and enjoy the hell out of my creations in peace. I am not getting anything out of it so why do it if it causes me grief? (That is not a hint at me wanting anything because I don't, I do it for me)

@FoamysWorld if your script is still not finished, I believe that the community is more than willing to help. I believe that there are a lot of good scripters on this forum and they may be able to help you achieve your goals on the script and may even improve it.

What you achieved so far is very good and has a lot of potential but if you keep it to yourself then we respect that, we understand because its your hard work, but you have to understand that this forum is all about sharing. So I hope you understand that if some people get annoyed for posts that are merely showing a video without the codes, it definitely tick people out because thats not the spirit on these forums.

You know what, if I made a script like what you did I will not hesitate to share it to everyone. That way I gain the respect of everyone and I will become famous. Instead of keeping to yourself, nobody will help to even improve on your script.. and sooner or later it will just disappear with interest. well thats only my opinion. :) peace.

@FoamysWorld Its entirely up to you, what you decide to do, but I think continuously posting without sharing is just going to bring you more "grief." But I say enough of this back and forth lets leave the next post open for someone who has something to share

by the way FoamysWorld.. move on from your experience on your first post. its time to move on.. I don't think its helpful to the forums that when someone gets annoyed, you always go back to your experience on your first post.. move on and take it like a man. if you want to share, share it.. if not then this is not the forum for you. cheers

I am not looking for notoriety or any of that, I am just an old school gamer who loves scripting/coding stuff for my various game servers. I have a specific vision of what I am looking to do with this add-on or whatever you want to call it and I don't have time to collaborate with someone on it. I apologize I posted a video and mentioned it before it was fully ready but I figured it would be a cool experience not the total downer it turned out to be. It will be done when it's done. I'll shut up about it until then.
Rock on.

Sorry to be off topic again, but Foamy how did you make the ash particles so visible on your video? I mean i use the same EW effect, but i nearly can't see any ash. Ive changed this values _snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.05, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0]; and
_snow setDropInterval 0.05; set it from 0.01 to 0.05 but still rarely see em. I also was thinking if this effect is basically just changes color of snow and fog, would adding random snow script help? thanks anyway

sure

Code:
_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];
_hndl ppEffectAdjust [2, 30, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
_hndl ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.001, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
_hndl ppEffectCommit 2;
_hndl ppEffectEnable true;

//--- Wind & Dust
[] spawn {
    waituntil {isplayer player};
    setwind [0.201112,0.204166,true];
    while {true} do {
        _ran = ceil random 5;
        playsound format ["wind_%1",_ran];
        _obj = vehicle player;
        _pos = position _obj;

//--- Dust
            setwind [0.201112*2,0.204166*2,false];
        _velocity = [random 10,random 10,-1];
        _color = [1.0, 0.9, 0.8];
        _alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;
        _ps = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
        _ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 8], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, -6], _velocity, 1, 1.275, 1, 0, [9], [_color + [0], _color + [_alpha], _color + [0]], [1000], 1, 0, "", "", _obj];
        _ps setParticleRandom [3, [30, 30, 0], [0, 0, 0], 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, 0.01], 0, 0];
        _ps setParticleCircle [0.1, [0, 0, 0]];
        _ps setDropInterval 0.01;

sleep (random 1);
        deletevehicle _ps;
        _delay = 10 + random 20;
        sleep _delay;

};
};

//--- Ash
[] spawn {
    _pos = position player;
    _parray = [
    /* 00 */        ["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 12, 8, 1],//"\Ca\Data\cl_water",
    /* 01 */        "",
    /* 02 */        "Billboard",
    /* 03 */        1,
    /* 04 */        4,
    /* 05 */        [0,0,0],
    /* 06 */        [0,0,0],
    /* 07 */        1,
    /* 08 */        0.000001,
    /* 09 */        0,
    /* 10 */        1.4,
    /* 11 */        [0.05,0.05],
    /* 12 */        [[0.1,0.1,0.1,1]],
    /* 13 */        [0,1],
    /* 14 */        0.2,
    /* 15 */        1.2,
    /* 16 */        "",
    /* 17 */        "",
    /* 18 */        vehicle player
    ];
    _snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
    _snow setParticleParams _parray;
    _snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.05, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
    _snow setParticleCircle [0.0, [0, 0, 0]];
    _snow setDropInterval 0.05;

_oldPlayer = vehicle player;
    while {true} do {
        waituntil {vehicle player != _oldPlayer};
        _parray set [18,vehicle player];
    };
};

sure

Code:
_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];
_hndl ppEffectAdjust [2, 30, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;
_hndl ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.001, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
_hndl ppEffectCommit 2;
_hndl ppEffectEnable true;

//--- Wind & Dust
[] spawn {
    setwind [0.201112,0.204166,true];
    while {true} do {
        _ran = ceil random 5;
        playsound format ["wind_%1",_ran];
        _obj = vehicle player;
        _pos = position _obj;

//--- Dust
            setwind [0.201112*2,0.204166*2,false];
        _velocity = [random 10,random 10,-1];
        _color = [1.0, 0.9, 0.8];
        _alpha = 0.02 + random 0.02;
        _ps = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
        _ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 8], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, 0, -6], _velocity, 1, 1.275, 1, 0, [9], [_color + [0], _color + [_alpha], _color + [0]], [1000], 1, 0, "", "", _obj];
        _ps setParticleRandom [3, [30, 30, 0], [0, 0, 0], 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, 0.01], 0, 0];
        _ps setParticleCircle [0.1, [0, 0, 0]];
        _ps setDropInterval 0.01;

sleep (random 1);
        deletevehicle _ps;
        _delay = 10 + random 20;
        sleep _delay;

};
};

//--- Ash
[] spawn {
    _pos = position player;
    _parray = [
    /* 00 */        ["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 12, 8, 1],//"\Ca\Data\cl_water",
    /* 01 */        "",
    /* 02 */        "Billboard",
    /* 03 */        1,
    /* 04 */        4,
    /* 05 */        [0,0,0],
    /* 06 */        [0,0,0],
    /* 07 */        1,
    /* 08 */        0.000001,
    /* 09 */        0,
    /* 10 */        1.4,
    /* 11 */        [0.05,0.05],
    /* 12 */        [[0.1,0.1,0.1,1]],
    /* 13 */        [0,1],
    /* 14 */        0.2,
    /* 15 */        1.2,
    /* 16 */        "",
    /* 17 */        "",
    /* 18 */        vehicle player
    ];
    _snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;
    _snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.05, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
    _snow setParticleCircle [0.0, [0, 0, 0]];
    _snow setDropInterval 0.05;

while {true} do {
        waituntil {vehicle player != _oldPlayer};
        _parray set [18,vehicle player];
    };
};
Im using the exact same script and would like to know this as well. I even made a separate thread on it. I have raised mine up to 0.1 for next restart so we'll see. Here is the thread so we can possibly keep this one on topic.
http://opendayz.net/threads/i-need-help-understanding-an-array-for-server-effects.18387/#post-92621

Back