Storage boxes

Grant

Is there a way to get some type of storage box (guerilla cache) that will write to the DB so we don't have to all have 5 tents each for storage?

If you can help out with this post back here or PM me, thanks guys.

Good suggestion except items don't save to the database on server reset. If it was as sinple as that wouldn't have asked ;)

what about in adding this box as an deployable?
i got a LHD aircraft carrier spawned this way with the db... (rmod needed though...)
i guess its worth a try?

I currently have ammo boxes working with database sync. I have to work out a few problems and I will post how to do it on here

no. We are working on that right now. Few glitches with arma not being able to handle all the weapons and items in Dayz. Writes to the db fine but when it spawns in there is an error. Give me a few minutes and ill post how to do it. only takes a second.

Okay I'll throw this out there without any extra stuff we have been working on. Here is the basics of spawning in a ammo box that updates to the database. If you put more than 80-90 different items in it will error out and not spawn. eg. 100 m4a1 and 100 stanag mags would only count as 2 items. All of this is done in the dayz_server.pbo.

Go to your compile folder and in the script server_playerSync and server_updateNearbyObjects add the classname of the object that you want to update after tentstorage.
Eg for classname "USBasicAmmunitionBox"
} forEach nearestObjects [_pos, ["Car", "Helicopter", "Motorcycle", "Ship", "TentStorage","USBasicAmmunitionBox"], 10];

Add the classname to the table "deployable" and note the id number

So you do not delete the box with cleanup script. Make a new Survivor in the survivor table with a randon ass UID and set isdead to 0. (this will make it so if it is not used within X days it won't be cleaned up) This will vary server to server.
Note the ID of the survivor you created.

Now go to your instance_deployable table and insert a new entry. Leave id blank and make up some crazy UID for the UID field. Under owner ID put the ID (Not UID) of your created survivor. Worldspace explanatory. You can create an inventory or leave it blank. All other values are not needed. Create the entry.

Restart your server and it should spawn in like anything else.

I am not responsible for your crap not working or breaking your database. I have only tested this for a day on my server.

AGAIN BE CAREFUL WITH HOW MANY DIFFERENT ITEMS YOU PUT IN IT!!!!!
It will save to the db fine but when you restart the server it will error out on the overfilled box.

Hmm also i tried it but it dont work for me.
I make all like the tutorial say!
can somebody pls upload his DayZ_Server.pbo for me??

But i have to say that Skins work by me not too!
So i need a server.pbo from sb. by who it work

ty mark, talking with our admin, he said since we run pwnzors files this may not work but will tinker with it.

ok i have the boxes working but i can only have 2 save to the DB and i need more as i host an RP server now and 2 of the boxes save to the DB but the others do not ive tried creating another survivor makin it the owner and also in the server files i upped the number from 10 to 14 still only 2 of my boxes will save any suggestions

my PBO is haevily modded and has tons of custom files and images skins etc that i and someof my clan mates have worked hours on ... how about you send me your PBO and ill have a look see and maybe i can fix it for you. the server PBO is all i reqire

Hey there just tried it. Spawns the Box fine but it didn't save to database any idea?
Server file edited like in the tutorial, also did everything with the deployable, instance_deployable and survivor.
I am using Bliss.

it has to either be a USOrdnanceBox_EP1, or USBasicAmmunitionBox for this to work correctly those are the class names of the boxes you will need to make in your DB for it to work... if you need any more help send me a tell and ill be happy to help you troubleshoot ... make sure you follow marks intructions to the letter when making the storage containers in the DB.

Back