Storage boxes

im not 100% sure but i cant seem to find a way to make it do that after several attempts its still catching fire and explodng when i shot it enough...

Now i got the Problem that after 10 spawns the 11. doesn't spawn. Anyone know why?

Database trolled me >.<

Has anyone got one of these boxes to work with basebuilding? I am trying to give my players storage boxes instead of tents.

not to my knowledge
It might be that something has to be added to the dayz_code where basebuilding is itself or just a new compile for it in general to rewire the dayz_code to it like other things have done. I am trying to do these things myself a lot recently but i could use some help.

*edit*

TKVehicleBox_EP1

Is the only box so far that i have found not blocked by the Anim on the lingor files. But i still cant figure out how to properly get it to write to the database when adding items to it, although i can control what spawns in it after restart, but i would have to do this for each one built by a player

yeah i had the same issue on Namalsk .... it spawns fine but not writing to the DB.... also they work fine on the standard Dayz Map.... does anyone have any ideas for the Namalsk map?

What in the Dayz_code makes the tent act the way it does to write to database and only removable by that player? Or is that all just from arma 2? Maybe we should try copying everything about the way the tent works in dayz, almost as if we are changing the tent skin to TKVehicleBox_EP1

IF we did change the skin to the box u suggest... it could quite possibly give you a 50 slot storage box ... also if you chage it like that it could possiblt make it to where those that use a tent tofr a tent will be pitching a storage box...

IF we did change the skin to the box u suggest... it could quite possibly give you a 50 slot storage box ... also if you chage it like that it could possiblt make it to where those that use a tent tofr a tent will be pitching a storage box...

I think this might be the best solution then. Do you know anything about this part of the tent code? which sqf's they are in and such?

I have a Problem with the boxes.
I make a entry in the deployable and instance_deployable.
I also made a entry in the dayz in server_playerSync and server_updateNearbyObjects.
But when i spawn the box, i dont see it.
The DB say it exist, but i cant see it.
I used the USOrdnanceBox_EP1.
What could i do?

What could you do? Patching back to 1.7.6.1

Or you just gonna tell us, which mods do you use, which map, which dayz version and what are the script your are running.

I have the normal DayZ mod with the rmod 2.1.
i running patch 1.7.7.1 and the map Chernarus.
Scripts i have installed: R3F Lift&Tow Script,
Custom Building-Loot
and the car radio

I have a Problem with the boxes.
I make a entry in the deployable and instance_deployable.
I also made a entry in the dayz in server_playerSync and server_updateNearbyObjects.
But when i spawn the box, i dont see it.
The DB say it exist, but i cant see it.
I used the USOrdnanceBox_EP1.
What could i do?

I dont think this will ever be possible with the vanilla dayz_code as rocket and the dayz team have blacked it through the anim which means it is blocked by Dayz itself and you cant change that without changing your files and making anyone you want to play on your server download the files as well. That being said some of the other Dayz Mods might have done that already and you might want to look into switching to one that does have what you want. If you are running Chernarus, Epoch is a great choice as it has Safes in it. Any map that is not already in Arma2, players wont be able to join your server via DayzCommander without a little hassle. With InvasionZ we are going to open up the Anim file a bit to let people have the ability to use mostly anything they want even down to stationary turrets (that you can program to guard your base at a high enough level maybe?) We are also programming into the mod the ability to build a safe at your base. We are going to rework the basebuilding system too but this will be after we release the mod, we just finished the Level and Credits system and we are beginning testing really soon. Finding this topic earlier in my server hosting days was definitely a huge inspiration to mine for starting the InvasionZ project, as i had then realized the amount of restrictions Dayz puts on itself.

he said that he is useing rmod. And as i said patch back to 1.7.6.1 and everything will work just fine.

Okay I'll throw this out there without any extra stuff we have been working on. Here is the basics of spawning in a ammo box that updates to the database. If you put more than 80-90 different items in it will error out and not spawn. eg. 100 m4a1 and 100 stanag mags would only count as 2 items. All of this is done in the dayz_server.pbo.

Go to your compile folder and in the script server_playerSync and server_updateNearbyObjects add the classname of the object that you want to update after tentstorage.
Eg for classname "USBasicAmmunitionBox"
} forEach nearestObjects [_pos, ["Car", "Helicopter", "Motorcycle", "Ship", "TentStorage","USBasicAmmunitionBox"], 10];

Add the classname to the table "deployable" and note the id number

So you do not delete the box with cleanup script. Make a new Survivor in the survivor table with a randon ass UID and set isdead to 0. (this will make it so if it is not used within X days it won't be cleaned up) This will vary server to server.
Note the ID of the survivor you created.

Now go to your instance_deployable table and insert a new entry. Leave id blank and make up some crazy UID for the UID field. Under owner ID put the ID (Not UID) of your created survivor. Worldspace explanatory. You can create an inventory or leave it blank. All other values are not needed. Create the entry.

Restart your server and it should spawn in like anything else.

I am not responsible for your crap not working or breaking your database. I have only tested this for a day on my server.

AGAIN BE CAREFUL WITH HOW MANY DIFFERENT ITEMS YOU PUT IN IT!!!!!
It will save to the db fine but when you restart the server it will error out on the overfilled box.

Makes no sense. What do I add to what line. Really confusing

Back