AI Vehicle Convey - Agro Issue

delpi

I've got an armored AI vehicle convoy moving across the map from one waypoint to another. They drive past you without shooting.

I seem to remember that ai only search for targets when they reach a waypoint, before they move to next.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also do you know a way to make them agro and attack in between waypionts?

I've tried a few things without success. I could just create a ton of miniwaypoints but it would be very very ugly.

I wrote a loop to make them aware of any players that are nearby.

If the player is in a vehicle, they light it up. On foot, still having issues.

There is an issue with the side relations. I dont know if its always been this way or just since the latest arma update but by default East and West are now friendly. I placed a few east, myself west and they greeted me. I went back into the editor and changed the side relations so we are enemies and got killed. this is with dayz mod BTW, not just arma.

forgot to test it with them shooting from a vehicle so here is that part

I've got that covered in terms of making them non-friendly. But to make sure, if they are shooting at me when all on foot, they should shoot in vehicle right? That works. Also I am physically setting them to not like other side when spawning.

The problem is if they are traveling to a waypoint (some 8000m away) and I run into them at 4000m along the journey, they don't shoot. If i run into them before they start or after they arrive, GUNS BLAZE!!!!

Last edited:
Have you changed their combat status? There are settings by default where they will not fire until fired upon.

that doesnt sound right. as i said there is something going on because they should always attack. i used to set up tank patrols on takistan and they would shoot anything at anytime.

there have been a slew of messages lately about ai not attacking or even greeting player's instead of shooting at them.

if you have some time and desire, how about printing their setfriendly status to a hint window and see if they are enemies to west while traveling?

I'll check both of those tonight and see.

Some of those behavior / modes seem to overlap with waypoint settings.

If they are different between unit/group/waypoint, which wins?

i think the combatmode is always active. where would they conflict with waypoints? maybe if you set SaD waypoint with hold fire .. they would search but never shoot. other than that scenario they are pretty much in support of each other.
you are pretty sharp, i find it difficult to believe you would have overlooked this. but in my demonstration videos i did set their waypoints combatmode to open fire,fire at will

It usually the obvious things I've missed when i get stuck on something this long. I see what i menat to put down instead of what is there.

Below is what I meant by overlapping. You could set something different in each level. In my case i didn't.

If you

Group
_this setBehaviour "AWARE";
_this setSpeedMode "NORMAL";
_this setCombatMode "RED";

Unit
I'm not actually setting anything because I set it for group. That might be the cause.

Waypoint
_waypoint setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_waypoint setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";
_waypoint setWaypointBehaviour "AWARE";

Okay, gotcha. I would bet whichever comes last overwrites any previous behavior. So you could change the 'combatmode' behavior at any time. In otherwords, there is not two combat behaviors, just different methods of changing the current behavior.

That would be the logical thing.

Do you think it is safe to not declare anything for the unit?

You don't need any combatMode/waypointSpeed/waypointBehavior commands for each waypoint unless you actually want different settings for each waypoint. Otherwise, simply setting the commands on the group is enough.

Based upon all this, it should be working.

I added the make aware loop last night and played around with it. They would not sometimes light me up in the middle of their trip. Other times they would drive by.

I'll try doing some more things to the log like shootingblanks suggested and see if anything pops up.

Back