Animated C130 crashes - Eventually dropping carepackages at way points

Could You possibly create a tutorial that adds everything in? Trying to read through 3-4 pages and make this work correctly is getting frustrating. Thank you much! Love the idea of the C130 crashing and dropping care packages. Great work everyone!

Could You possibly create a tutorial that adds everything in? Trying to read through 3-4 pages and make this work correctly is getting frustrating. Thank you much! Love the idea of the C130 crashing and dropping care packages. Great work everyone!

Use gagas code and swap the AN2_DZ for a C130J assuming its not a banned vehicle on your map

yeah, but it will disappear... and u cant spawn that one in seperately ...

thats why for the animated crashsites the actual huey gets replaced by an UH1Y wreck and mi17 with an Mi8 wreck

yeah, but it will disappear... and u cant spawn that one in seperately ...

thats why for the animated crashsites the actual huey gets replaced by an UH1Y wreck and mi17 with an Mi8 wreck
Ah ok, just a shame the UH1Y causes an error presumably from one of the weapons being banned, I had them flying in for my crashsites but the popup can be annoying if you have logged in before one has spawned.

Meh I never checked the an2 one ill have a play with it later, usually its the vehicle name followed by wreck with all the other vehicles ive tried. it spawns the blackened wreck insted of the pretty wrecks like uh1y. but yeh ill check it out tomorrow

- for some reason its not giving me alerts on this post

Ill also be releasing a waypoint coding for panthera, if anyone wants to play with waypoints for taviana or any of the other maps, just post them here and ill put them up too

Use gagas code and swap the AN2_DZ for a C130J assuming its not a banned vehicle on your map

I am currently using the Epoch mod on my server, and I think this addon will be the icing on the cake. For Epoch they do have the C130J that you can actually buy from one of the traders, of the top of my head, I believe it was called the C130J_DZ. There was also some more vehicles from the dayz "banned/unbanned" list that they got to work. Thanks for the help! Great Addon, (sorry if I'm not calling it the right thing, new to the forums and this whole scripting thing, haha.) Keep up the good work!

****EDIT*****
Another thing, we DO need the animated heli crash script to work this right? Which that in turn needs Sarge AI. Well, I have a busy night ahead of me :)

I am currently using the Epoch mod on my server, and I think this addon will be the icing on the cake. For Epoch they do have the C130J that you can actually buy from one of the traders, of the top of my head, I believe it was called the C130J_DZ. There was also some more vehicles from the dayz "banned/unbanned" list that they got to work. Thanks for the help! Great Addon, (sorry if I'm not calling it the right thing, new to the forums and this whole scripting thing, haha.) Keep up the good work!

****EDIT*****
Another thing, we DO need the animated heli crash script to work this right? Which that in turn needs Sarge AI. Well, I have a busy night ahead of me :)

You don't need to install anything additional, gorsys mod is basically a copy/paste of the animated crash sites with a couple of changes, gagas has the extra code to drop the carepackages. You can just follow gaga's instructions to add the carepackages if you don't want the crash sites too.

On my server we have the animated crashes plus gaga's code. To do that just follow Grafzahls instructions in his thread and gaga's. You also don't need to install sarge's AI grafzahl just used some of his code to put the crash sites together.

You don't need to install anything additional, gorsys mod is basically a copy/paste of the animated crash sites with a couple of changes, gagas has the extra code to drop the carepackages. You can just follow gaga's instructions to add the carepackages if you don't want the crash sites too.

On my server we have the animated crashes plus gaga's code. To do that just follow Grafzahls instructions in his thread and gaga's. You also don't need to install sarge's AI grafzahl just used some of his code to put the crash sites together.

Okay, thank you. That cleared up a lot of confusion on my end :) If you couldn't tell I'm new to the whole scripting thing. Thank you much for your help!

anyways, i added some static points along the coast as a workaround... gonna release my first ugly version... its heavily customized for my own needs...

first of all, credits to grafzahl who wrote the original animated heli crash script and to Leh2012 and Gerasimow9 who wrote the c130 cargo drop script...

===========================================================

so, coz i'm lazy and stuff i havent renamed many variables and there are some unused in the script still, cba to clean it up yet...

please note: there are static coords for drop points in the script, they are designed to work with chernarus!!!

===========================================================

1. download http://www.share-online.biz/dl/YK5XOENMFE

and extract into your compile folder in the server.pbo

2. open system\server_cleanup.fsm in your server.pbo

find
Code:
//Check for hackers

and replace the line starting with
" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety)

with this line:
Code:
      "  if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {" \n

3. open your system\server_monitor.sqf in your server.pbo and paste this at the end:

Code:
nul =    [
                6,        //Number of the guaranteed Loot-Piles at the Crashside
                3,        //Number of the random Loot-Piles at the Crashside 3+(1,2,3 or 4)
                (50*60),    //Fixed-Time (in seconds) between each start of a new Chopper
                (15*60),      //Random time (in seconds) added between each start of a new Chopper
                0.75,        //Spawnchance of the Heli (1 will spawn all possible Choppers, 0.5 only 50% of them)
                'center', //'center' Center-Marker for the Random-Crashpoints, for Chernarus this is a point near Stary
                8000,    // [106,[960.577,3480.34,0.002]]Radius in Meters from the Center-Marker in which the Choppers can crash and get waypoints
                true,    //Should the spawned crashsite burn (at night) & have smoke?
                false,    //Should the flames & smoke fade after a while?
                2,    //RANDOM WP
                3,        //GUARANTEED WP
                1        //Amount of Damage the Heli has to get while in-air to explode before the POC. (0.0001 = Insta-Explode when any damage//bullethit, 1 = Only Explode when completly damaged)
            ] spawn server_spawnAN2;

4. open your init\server_functions.sqf in your server.pbo

find:
server_spawnCrashSite = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf";

paste this below:
Code:
server_spawnAN2  =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnAN2.sqf";
server_carepackagedrop  =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_carepackagedrop.sqf";

========================================================

thats it.. i hope it works :D

Okay, so I did everything you had listed here, and when I repack my pbo, and reinstall it to my server, I get stuck at "Requesting Authentication." Then it times out and it tells me to disconnect and try again. Any help with what I might be doing wrong?

****EDIT****

If you want me to I will post my server files.

Okay, so I did everything you had listed here, and when I repack my pbo, and reinstall it to my server, I get stuck at "Requesting Authentication." Then it times out and it tells me to disconnect and try again. Any help with what I might be doing wrong?

****EDIT****

If you want me to I will post my server files.

Probably didn't repack the server pbo correctly - the signature. Post your files like Gaga said :p

I've got my customized version, I'll try and strip my changes out and post it when I get home if no one else has by then.

Back