Animated Helicrashs 0.1 - Release

To make it short: I will have a look on this this evening, but yes... you would have to copy the lootspawn-logic from the static-crashsites to the new dynamic crashsites... the "animation" before the crashsite spawns has no impact on the actual lootspawn-system, i only changed the radius of the lootspawn to make sure nothing is laying under the wreck and let it look more realistic.

Thanks Grafzahl. I can't get it to work but I'm super stoked about everything you've made this far. Looking forward to future updates!

Ok fair enough. Sorry! I just get real frustrated because it was working perfectly and now its not working at all.

P.S. Why not just say in main-post that you don't offer full support with people who have dayz CC?

Why didn't you just actually read the thread to see that it wasn't and find the solution instead of raging at its developer for not helping you out with your dumb questions?

Why didn't you just actually read the thread to see that it wasn't and find the solution instead of raging at its developer for not helping you out with your dumb questions?
What the hell is your problem? I was not raging at him at all and your the one who seems to be raging. The issue is solved between us so no need to be yelling at me. And btw i did read that post I guess I just didn't look at it too carefully. Please do not say my questions are dumb just because im not as experienced as you...There is no more problem so leave it alone.

Edit: There was no solution in the previous posts at all!

Ok.
This works perfectly fine, without any hiccups and doesn't cripple the standard DayZCC code.

First of all change you're dayz_server_config.cpp
Add a new define under #OldSpawn true

Code:
// Grafzahl's Animated Heli Crashes
//  AnimSpawn true - Heli Crashes are spawned via server_spawnHeliCrash
//  AnimSpawn false - Heli crashes are spawned via server_spawnWreck or spawn_heli depending on the settings above
//  IMPORTANT: If you want to use AnimSpawn's, you must set SpawnHelis to false!
#define AnimSpawn true

Also follow the instructions that are posted there. Set SpawnHelis to false if you want to use the Animated Ones.

Next download the server_spawnCrashSite.sqf that's linked in the first post.

Open server_functions.sqf and find:

Code:
server_spawnWreck            = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnWreck.sqf";

Below this add:

Code:
server_spawnCrashSite        = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf";

Next go to your server_monitor.sqf
Find the line:

Code:
// Spawn crashsites and wrecks ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if (SpawnHelis && worldName != "namalsk") then {
    if (OldSpawn) then {
        for "_x" from 1 to SpawnHelisCount do { _id = [] spawn spawn_helis; };
    } else {
        [["UH60Wreck_DZ", "UH1Wreck_DZ"], ["Military", "HeliCrash", "MilitarySpecial"], SpawnHelisCount, (50 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnWreck;
    };
};

Change it to:

Code:
// Spawn crashsites and wrecks ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if (AnimSpawn) then {
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire, _useStatic, _preWaypoint, _crashDamage]
nul = [3, 4, 3000, 500, 1, 'center', 4000, true, false, false, 1, 1] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

if (SpawnHelis && worldName != "namalsk") then {
if (OldSpawn) then {
for "_x" from 1 to SpawnHelisCount do { _id = [] spawn spawn_helis; };
} else {
[["UH60Wreck_DZ", "UH1Wreck_DZ"], ["Military", "HeliCrash", "MilitarySpecial"], SpawnHelisCount, (50 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnWreck;
};
};

That's all. this way You can have static wrecks/dynamic wrecks/cp, with Grafzahl's awesome Heli Crash Script.
Took Me long enough to find the problem! cyrq's newest fix was for some reason not working with me so i just went to the older one it works now. Cyrq i think you should look into the code a little more because there could be something wrong because it is working perfectly when I use the older fix.

Well i tried to get this to work(even started fresh) and it doesn't work. And you Graf refuse to help me, even if your not sure you can at least try instead of completely ignoring me. I am done with this script for now. I mean no hard feelings towards you but I have lost a deep amount of respect for you...

This would suggest otherwise.

"Refuse to help me"
"completely ignoring me"
"Lost a deep amount of respect for you"

Losing respect for someone over them not bending over for you?
Ignoring you? - Ever thought some people have priorities greater than yourself?
Refusal to help? Which is it, ignoring or refusal to help? Because that would suggest he acknowledged you and said beat it.

Sure you can say you've made up. But your idiotic child-like manner of asking for help will not curry you any favours here.

This would suggest otherwise.

"Refuse to help me"
"completely ignoring me"
"Lost a deep amount of respect for you"

Losing respect for someone over them not bending over for you?
Ignoring you? - Ever thought some people have priorities greater than yourself?
Refusal to help? Which is it, ignoring or refusal to help? Because that would suggest he acknowledged you and said beat it.

Sure you can say you've made up. But your idiotic child-like manner of asking for help will not curry you any favours here.
Holy crap man it was a mistake! I was just real-frustrated. Please that is not how I normally am and all i ask for is to forgive me. I admit that was pretty stupid of me...

I Just want to let everyone know that my people in my server are getting kicked for script restriction #249(not sure what line number that is) and another weird thing that never has happened to me before was i was playing the server and everything is going fine but then all of a sudden it said HACKER FOUND: PETER and it kicked and killed me! lol

So I finally got loot to spawn on Taviana 2! What I did was I took the code from this and merged it with Graf's code. So now it spawns specific weapons instead of pulling stuff from a loot table. It's not working 100% though, for instance I can see the weapon on the ground, say a DMR, if I scroll and choose "Pick up DMR" it will still be on the ground, I wont have it in my inventory but I can't loot it again. If I go into Gear and then loot it, I will get the weapon, but the model will still be on the ground.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this that would be great, thanks! I've attached my server_spawncrashsite.sqf for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• server_spawnCrashSite.sqf
    11.6 KB · Views: 15
So I finally got loot to spawn on Taviana 2! What I did was I took the code from this and merged it with Graf's code. So now it spawns specific weapons instead of pulling stuff from a loot table. It's not working 100% though, for instance I can see the weapon on the ground, say a DMR, if I scroll and choose "Pick up DMR" it will still be on the ground, I wont have it in my inventory but I can't loot it again. If I go into Gear and then loot it, I will get the weapon, but the model will still be on the ground.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this that would be great, thanks! I've attached my server_spawncrashsite.sqf for your viewing pleasure.

Zeveron, you are the man! So just put this inside the compiles and it is good to go?

Make sure you also have:

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, 60, 0, 0.5, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

at the bottom of your server_monitor.sqf, and comment out the normal heli crash system if you don't want that to run simultaneously. Other than that I can't see why it wouldn't work!

Make sure you also have:

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, 60, 0, 0.5, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

at the bottom of your server_monitor.sqf, and comment out the normal heli crash system if you don't want that to run simultaneously. Other than that I can't see why it wouldn't work!

Yeah already ahead of you there! Did you put your server monitor in your compiles folder?

Hi Zeveron, nice to see you get it working.

I cant see any problems in your code that would result in such a behaviour as you discripted it... the function that is actualy spawning the loot is fixed build into dayz/taviana and is called spawn_loot, all this script is doing is to tell spawn_loot what loot should where placed:

Code:
[_itemType select 0, _itemType select 1, _lootPos, 0] call spawn_loot;

1. What Item/Weapon
2. Item-Type (Weapon, Magazine...)
3. Coordinates of the loot
4. Random range around the coordinates where the loot can spawn

So, if you can see the dmr, the script has spawned it, only thing i can imagine is serverlag (maybe to early access after the chopper went down?), or a messed up item-type, but from what i see it looks ok, only weapons like the SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper could bring some problems... but i cant tell :-/

This works like a charm after playing with the timing and fixing the scripts. Awesome job brother. :D
If you have better timings, please share... iam currently trying around, but i gues... each map needs different timings :-/ The RPT-Logs give you a distance of the crash from the calculated POC, so you can just set some other timings/settings, open a testserver and let the helis fly... after some hours you have like 40-50 crashsites and can see how far away from the POC your settings go.

Yeah I think you're right Graf, it was probably just because I spawned in where the heli were to crash and looted it right after everything spawned. Seems to be working fine if you wait a bit first. Thanks so much, my server is very new and not that populated but people are enjoying this already!

Back