Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Hey there,

Everything works GREAT :) however one little problem. As an admin with antihacks and admin menu ingame, i choose the scroll option to see the BUILD menu and I see it fine. But any other player (not admins) cannot. It shows up for a quick second, the disappears instantly. They cannot see recipes (BUILD MENU).

I am using this Antihack/Admin menu

If that has anything to do with it. I have already allowed it to use custom server scripts... not sure what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: some players claim that it worked after continuous trying but not all the time.

Hey, trying to set this up. I think I made all the edits as per the instructions but I can't check because every time I try connecting to the server I get kicked for a script restriction.
I did add the required filters from the install guide.

I've uploaded my scripts.log and scripts.txt files into a zip, if somebody could take a look and let me know how to sort it or where I'm going wrong I'd greatly appreciate it because I'm not getting anywhere with it myself haha.

EDIT: Never mind, I managed to fix this one by myself. Sadly I get kicked for any items I build though and the log literally shows nothing under the kick to let me know which script to edit.

Did someone had the same Problem? My Zombies could walk trough the build Containers or maybe Warfaredepot or anything i build and i dont find a solution for it! Did anyone know a solution?

i have a dayz overwatch on HFB i fellowed everthing in this forum, and can't get my data to save to database. I tryed Lecram's working files,but they dont work. none of them fix the database not saving deployble's.

edit: find this in my log 16.08.2013 16:04:44: scyph (173.27.192.53:2314) a45d0a76c3b1d479eb8e90e8925736cb - #0 "dayzPublishObj" = ["180",<NULL-object>,[51.5096,[3684.98,14057.9,-0.38266]],"WarfareBCamp"]

Database: [Error] Error 1452 (Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`user-2068`.`instance_deployable`, CONSTRAINT `instance_deployable_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`owner_id`) REFERENCES `survivor` (`id`))) in MySQLStmtExecute SQL: 'insert into `instance_deployable` (`unique_id`, `deployable_id`, `owner_id`, `instance_id`, `worldspace`, `inventory`, `Damage`,`Hitpoints`, `Fuel`, `created`) select ?, d.id, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP from deployable d where d.class_name = ? VALUES(125291335293378, 47071110, 1, "[78.096,[1252.86,13352.9,-0.327]]", "[]", 0, "[]", 0, "Misc_cargo_cont_small_EP1")'

Have a big issue with that. Just tryed to make it ready for Reality 1.7.7.1 but the problem is i can only build the first building in the "_buildlist = " if i choose a other building in the gui it only build the first building. Any help for that?

Hi,

i have a server on epoch with dayz.st and when i create building with the 3d editor the traders disappear so anyone can help me ?

Has anyone tried adding the mbg creationalism mod yet? Maybe we should start a new thread based on this and see if we can get it working.. Id love to see this on my server. I may give it a shot

So I've got this working now, it writes to the database and that's great. Problem now is, when I remove things, they don't get deleted from the database so after a server restart they come back. It's affecting every deployable including the originals like tents. I've already implemented the following change with no luck.
Code:
    if (isServer) then {
        dayzDeleteObj call server_deleteObj;
    };

I've noticed though that this code is listed twice in the player_remove.sqf, should it be or is that perhaps a problem?

Edit: Ok, so I should probably elaborate a little bit. It publishes to my Reality database, but not my Bliss database on my local server (where I do my testing).

I was also able to sort the problem with it not deleting things from the database when removing them in game by making the changes listed in this thread. I had rolled back to the default .pbo files and found that tents still weren't deleting from the server so went looking for a general fix and that one worked, for the base building deployable items too. :)

Ok .... everyone has the database problem ... and the delete from database problem ... can someone make a post where they say how to fix it and post the link ? or answer here in CAPS so a retard like me can understand....

I Fully installed it on my already modded filles, debug, extra/custom crashes, tow script, but when i logged in the scroll menu wasint coming up, i had building materials and everything but i got no scroll menu.

So then i installed it on a fresh version but the i got requestion authentication forever so i tried again same thing, Im runing panthera so im not shure what version of dayz it is so please help

I also have a problem. I am running an Epoch server on DayZ.st. The menu etc. works fine, I can even place the objects. But once the placing process is done the object immediately disappears.

I did not have a deployable table in my database to start off (I had to create it). Any tips?

Ok, here´s one for you.

I got Base Building working fine with Overwatch 0.2.3. Players are building bases as they like and get quite creative with it.

Now a player wants to build the Dragontooth structure, which is listed in the buildable list.

I added the classname "Hhedgehog_concrete" to the safeObjects in dayz_code/init/variables.sqf... the structure is saved to the database with the correct id from the deployable-table.

After server restart... gone. The structure is gone (still in the database, though).

Any ideas?!

any idea how to get the objects built to remove from database correctly ? i can place them and they save fine, but when remove them in game they dont remove from the database. i tryed what rosska85 said to do and it didnt work either.

Ok, here´s one for you.

I got Base Building working fine with Overwatch 0.2.3. Players are building bases as they like and get quite creative with it.

Now a player wants to build the Dragontooth structure, which is listed in the buildable list.

I added the classname "Hhedgehog_concrete" to the safeObjects in dayz_code/init/variables.sqf... the structure is saved to the database with the correct id from the deployable-table.

After server restart... gone. The structure is gone (still in the database, though).

Any ideas?!

any way you can post your overwatch files. i can't see what im missing in my overwatch files would be big help to look at them side by side

Back