Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Any ideas when we will be able to remove buildings and placeables? I remove them and they remove on my screen but not from the database so when I restart server it just makes them reappear! Can you elaborate on this issue?

EDIT FIX FOR NOT WRITING TO DB:

For those running Reality Build for 1.7.6.1

There is a function in "dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf" called:

Code:
check_publishobject = {
private["_allowed","_allowedObjects","_object"];

_object = _this select 0;
_playername = _this select 1;
_allowedObjects = ["TentStorage", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","TrapBear","Wire_cat1"];
_allowed = false;

diag_log format ["DEBUG: Checking if Object: %1 is allowed published by %2", _object, _playername];

if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects) then {
diag_log format ["DEBUG: Object: %1 published by %2 is Safe",_object, _playername];
_allowed = true;
};

_allowed
};

It looks like he added that in so hackers cant write things to database that are not default dayz objects.

Dont just remove it unless you know what your doing.

If you want it to still authorize default DayZ objects and also authorize the buildables in Base Building 1.2 (or ones u add in manually) replace with this:

Code:
check_publishobject = {
private["_allowed","_allowedObjects","_object"];

_object = _this select 0;
_playername = _this select 1;
_allowedObjects = ["TentStorage", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","TrapBear","Wire_cat1"];
_allowed = false;

diag_log format ["DEBUG: Checking if Object: %1 is allowed published by %2", _object, _playername];

if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
diag_log format ["DEBUG: Object: %1 published by %2 is Safe",_object, _playername];
_allowed = true;
};

_allowed
};

Basically all were doing is changing this line:

Code:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {

So that it authorizes the custom buildables from the server side array.

Let me know if this solves the problem!

This works perfectly for my bliss server damiyo21! You've done an amazing job! Hugs and kisses!

Yeah like i hit build recipe in scroll, the window pops up then immediately dissappears,

im running taviana 2.0 from taviana.com

server is running reality

Email me your dayz_1.world mission file and dayz_server file.
[email protected]

Any ideas when we will be able to remove buildings and placeables? I remove them and they remove on my screen but not from the database so when I restart server it just makes them reappear! Can you elaborate on this issue?

Not 100% sure this will work but let me know..

In
"dayz_1.world\dayz_code\actions\player_remove.sqf"

Change this:
Code:
if (isServer) then {
    dayzDeleteObj call local_deleteObj;
};

to this:

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    dayzDeleteObj call server_deleteObj;
};
What did I do wrong if I am getting kicked for script restriction #112 for everything I try to build besides graves?

In your servers config folder, go into battleye folder and open scripts.log ctrl+F search script restriction #112, find the code that is being executed right after that restriction. Then in your battleye\scripts.txt file (not .log) check lines 111-116 and see if that code matches with any of it.

Example: you get kicked for script restriction #whatever and after it shows: createVehicle "_object"; in logs

go to the scripts.txt and search around the lines that restriction # gave you. find something that says 5 "createVehicle". On that same line type !"createVehicle \"_object\";"

anytime you place code into the !" " and the code itself has " " in it, you must put \ before the "

Good luck!

Also for those with broken codes after restart and OR running Reality Build (1.7.6.1)

Add
Code:
            _object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _worldspace call dayz_objectUID2, true];
in your "dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";

Right above:
Code:
 if ((_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage")) then {

Gits currently down, please let me know if above help fixes issues so I can add to git. Thank you!

any another fix about grave exploding bug?
I think I wanna remove player bomb things from BB.
If it is possible by a few steps, please teach me how to.

Not 100% sure this will work but let me know..

In
"dayz_1.world\dayz_code\actions\player_remove.sqf"

Change this:
Code:
if (isServer) then {
    dayzDeleteObj call local_deleteObj;
};

to this:

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    dayzDeleteObj call server_deleteObj;
};

Gits currently down, please let me know if above help fixes issues so I can add to git. Thank you!

This works perfectly fine bro! Keep up the good work! =)

any another fix about grave exploding bug?
I think I wanna remove player bomb things from BB.
If it is possible by a few steps, please teach me how to.

You can try this:
in player_bomb.sqf:

Change this:
Code:
if (!procBuild && (typeOf(_bomb) == "Grave")) then {
//!(typeOf(_bomb) == "Body" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "GraveCross1" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "GraveCross2" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "GraveCrossHelmet" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Land_Church_tomb_1" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Land_Church_tomb_2" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Land_Church_tomb_3" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Mass_grave")) then {

to

Code:
if (!procBuild && (typeOf(_bomb) == "Grave" &&
!(typeOf(_bomb) == "Body" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "GraveCross1" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "GraveCross2" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "GraveCrossHelmet" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Land_Church_tomb_1" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Land_Church_tomb_2" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Land_Church_tomb_3" ||
typeOf(_bomb) ==  "Mass_grave")) then {

Its what I used before I believe but not sure if I was using typeOf instead of isKindOf.

Anyways, im really tired right now so thats the best I can think of off the time of my head.

I got Massive Battleeye Script Restriction Kicks and I don't know how to fix it!
Scripts.log says this:
Code:
18.03.2013 23:36:59: Playername (********) RandomGuide - #1 "Changed", { player call antiWall; } ];
empHit = player addMPEventHandler ["MPHit", {_this spawn fnc_plyrHit;}];

Daiymo what is your current method for finding the correct _attachCoords and _startPos for adding new items? My current methods takes forever as it requires me to shutdown or restart my server to keep trying new coordinates. If you could explain an easier method I would appreciate it lawl.

I got Massive Battleeye Script Restriction Kicks and I don't know how to fix it!
Scripts.log says this:
Code:
18.03.2013 23:36:59: Playername (********) RandomGuide - #1 "Changed", { player call antiWall; } ];
empHit = player addMPEventHandler ["MPHit", {_this spawn fnc_plyrHit;}];

Sorry had some custom code in there that was not part of BaseBuilding build.
View commit here and downloaded fn_selfActions.sqf's again
https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ/commit/bb3f6d22b01203262cae385e00720d3a8fadbd98

Daiymo what is your current method for finding the correct _attachCoords and _startPos for adding new items? My current methods takes forever as it requires me to shutdown or restart my server to keep trying new coordinates. If you could explain an easier method I would appreciate it lawl.
Best way is trial and error, just play with it. Fastest way is you can go into default Arma 2 editor and create a trigger, and copy BaseBuilding code in manually for "CreateVehicle" blah blah etc if you know what ur doing... Or simply modify one of the "Buildables in _build_list = { array}

okay the BE fix worked just fine for me, but Buildings are still not saved into DB!
I used the fix on page 2 but that didn't helped
Here is my Mission File and my dayz_server.pbo
Maybe someone can help me with this Problem? :)

Attachments

• dayz_private_1_rmod.chernarus.pbo
    686.3 KB · Views: 18
  • dayz_server.pbo
    77.9 KB · Views: 12
okay the BE fix worked just fine for me, but Buildings are still not saved into DB!
I used the fix on page 2 but that didn't helped
Here is my Mission File and my dayz_server.pbo
Maybe someone can help me with this Problem? :)
The only thing I saw at a quick glance was that on line #550 in in your player_build.sqf found in the "dayz_code\compile\" path there is a syntax error. Try removing the line below.
Code:
} else {cutText ["You need the EXACT amount of whatever you are trying to build without extras.", "PLAIN DOWN"];call _funcExitScript;};

Are you sure you added the items correctly to your database?

Daimyo my friend, is there an easier way to get the classname of an object because here is my problem. If i add 2 objects that are somewhat similiar and they have the same build recipe I end up crafting the last object in the Array here is the example.

I have 2 gates
1: Land_Wall_Gate_Ind2B_L (takes 2 scrap metal and 1 tank trap)
2: Land_Wall_Gate_Ind2B_R (takes 2 scrap metal and 1 tank trap)

in this order what happends is when I select Land_Wall_Gate_Ind2B_L it automaticly assumes Land_Wall_Gate_Ind2B_R. Is there a way to fix this? I actually have 4 differant gates with the same recipe and it acts the same way with all 4 selecting the last one in the array. I believe it has something to do with the way its checking for a classname through the recipe?

A little help in this matter would be appreciated as my primary programming language is C# and not this SQF? scripting language lol so I have a basic concept anyway.

That didn't worked. I just imported the deployables.sql into my MySQL DB so there shouldn't be anything wrong with that! ;)
Other Ideas?

@daimyo21 I have an already modded compiles.sqf file sitting in my main directory as I use dayz.st. Would putting what you have in your compiles.sqf into my compiles.sqf and placing it in the dayz_code\init folder fix this issue? and if so where do I copy/paste the code from your compiles.sqf into mine?

Edit: Issue is fixed, I figured out where to put your compiles.sqf into mine and got it working

Is there anything special you have to do to get IED's and Gates to show up in the in-game buildable menu cause there are neither of these in mine?

@daimyo21 I have an already modded compiles.sqf file sitting in my main directory as I use dayz.st. Would putting what you have in your compiles.sqf into my compiles.sqf and placing it in the dayz_code\init folder fix this issue? and if so where do I copy/paste the code from your compiles.sqf into mine?

Edit: Issue is fixed, I figured out where to put your compiles.sqf into mine and got it working
Hey ConnorJ could you mind posting an example of where you put the code at. I run dayz.st as well...was having the same issue. any help would be appreciated ..im really new to this stuff..thanks
Del

I can't get it to save to the database :/ Follwed everything, the github, the thread about 5 times now, did everything it said. And when I restart the server, everything is gone. Except for the "ZavoraAnim" gate, that one works perfectly.

I have done all the above, but somehow am screwing something up when it comes to the database. For the record, I'm using a dayz.st dedicated. When importing to the database, I'm getting errors. Also upon entering the server it is not finding the fn_selfactions.sqf. I'm using Lingor (1.3-which is the only one that dayz.st offers). I didn't delete anything in the database then import, does this need to be all done manually? I have uploaded the pbo(s) also. But I'm looking into this, just wanted to get a more experienced eye on the subject if possible.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    466 KB · Views: 16
  • dayz_server.pbo
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
Back