Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Tried your fixes for the bobby traps but I'm still having players exploded at Balota. Originally I had some custom "Grave" placed in my mission.sqm, I already replaced all of these though with different objects, but it seems Chernarus has some by default over at the balota airstrip and possibly other places.

Is there a way I can use a different class for the bobby traps or some other kind of workaround daimyo? I have disabled the explosions on them for now. This mod is absolutely amazing man I'm in awe.

I also noticed smelting options with fire, couldnt see any code for them though? I couldnt get the recipes to come up when I saw the menu....

I can't seem to get this to work with codemonkey's antihax. It works fine for the admins but the regular players can't view the build menu.

Could someone take a look at this and see if I did anything wrong?

Code:
        [] spawn
        {
            while {true} do
            {
                _cMenuDefault = ["","RscMainMenu","RscMoveHigh","#WATCH","#WATCH0","RscWatchDir","RscWatchMoreDir","#GETIN","RscStatus","RscCallSupport","#ACTION","RscCombatMode","RscFormations","RscTeam","RscSelectTeam","RscReply","#CUSTOM_RADIO","RscRadio","RscGroupRootMenu"];
                if !(commandingMenu in _cMenuDefault) then {showCommandingMenu "";};
                for "_i" from 0 to 99 do
                {
                    _dayzActions = s_player_repairActions + r_player_actions2 + r_player_actions +
                    [s_player_grabflare, s_player_removeflare, s_player_deleteBuild, s_player_forceSave,
                    s_player_flipveh, s_player_fillfuel, s_player_dropflare, s_player_butcher, s_player_cook,
                    s_player_boil, s_player_fireout, null, s_player_packtent, s_player_sleep, s_player_studybody,
                    s_player_tamedog, s_player_feeddog, s_player_waterdog, s_player_staydog, s_player_trackdog,
                    s_player_barkdog, s_player_warndog, s_player_followdog, s_player_movedog, s_player_speeddog,
                    s_player_calldog, s_player_recipeMenu, s_player_deleteCamoNet, s_player_gateActions,
                    s_player_enterCode, s_player_codeObject, s_player_codeRemove, s_player_smeltItems,
                    s_player_smeltRecipes, s_player_disarmBomb, s_player_removeActions, NORRN_dropAction];
                    if !(_i in _dayzActions) then {player removeAction _i};
                };
                sleep 0.01;
            };
        };
    } else { "bchack" addPublicVariableEventHandler {taskHint [_this select 1, [1, 0.05, 0.55, 1], "taskNew"];}; [] spawn xzyxzy; };
};

great work daimyo thank you.

Is it possible to spawn/build an ammobox that saves items to the DB like the Tent in Dayz ?

that would be a nice feature :)

Yeah I have got this working, although im still having issues with it saving to the Database. I've been busy the last couple of days and don't have a test server to try anything further without taking down my server. I emailed Daimyo so hopefully he gets back to me, I will work on it more tomorrow though.

Im guessing your problem is because of the database errors, make sure all of the item classnames that are craftable are in your database under deployables.. if only a few are there delete everything inside of your deployables and re add them again... this should fix that issue. As for your other issue I didn't have time to look at your pbo's so I can't offer any help there at this time.

**Edit - If you don't want to delete everything just add the missing items manually.

**Edit 2 - I looked at your pbo... in your dayz_mission.pbo init.sqf comment out line #26 with 2 forward slashes //. Also in your dayz_mission.pbo/dayz_code/compile rename fn_selfActions 1.7.6.1 blah blah to only be fn_selfActions.sqf.

**Edit 3 - Forgot to mention that I too run a DayZ.ST dedicated server.

So, I did the mentions above. I added everything in the database.
I also, am using the 1.7.4.4 selfActions, because Lingor is still using 1.7.5.
Doing this I get to the login screen, and then afterward I get stuck on the requesting authentication screen.
^The same happened when using the Chernarus map and using the selfActions.sqf (1.7.6.1) I seen to get stuck at the same page.

Before hand when I commented out line 26 -
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf" //Compile regular functions"
I get stuck at the waiting for host screen. So I reverted back.

Edit #1
Now, since it is a bliss server, I did change the coding under the readme:
### For People Running Reality Server Build for 1.7.6.1:
Which I did blindly, and now I will check it out to see if that was my issue.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    462.8 KB · Views: 8
  • dayz_server.pbo
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
Can someone upload their working files with Reality 0.39 and Dayz 1.7.6.1 ... Ive done everything and objects are still not writing to the database..

Edit #1
Now, since it is a bliss server, I did change the coding under the readme:
### For People Running Reality Server Build for 1.7.6.1:
Which I did blindly, and now I will check it out to see if that was my issue.
Did this work hungryhippo13? If not can you send me the original unmodified dayz_mission.pbo and dayz_server.pbo and are you running DayZ.ST server?

This did not work. I apologize for my errors! I have attached the files you need for the dayz.st. If you would like something for your effort, I can do that.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
  • dayz_server.pbo
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
This did not work. I apologize for my errors! I have attached the files you need for the dayz.st. If you would like something for your effort, I can do that.
Try these and let me know if it works, make sure to revert back to default on your dayz.st control panel and save restart. Then recheck the advanced settings and re add these files save and restart once again.

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    468 KB · Views: 63
  • dayz_server.pbo
    77.9 KB · Views: 59
I'm currently at work, and shall do so when I get home. I thank you very much for helping the Begginermediates out. I might also just look through everything, and see what I screwed up on for a follow up if this works!

But most importantly: THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY.

I'm currently at work, and shall do so when I get home. I thank you very much for helping the Begginermediates out. I might also just look through everything, and see what I screwed up on for a follow up if this works!

But most importantly: THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY.
Don't thank me yet lmao, i have no way to check if it works as I don't want to have to reset my database to run Charneraus so i don't actually know if it works lawl...... i am just hoping it does! =p

What map are you running? I initially was trying to get it tor run on Lingor.
A custom Namalsk map, reason I say custom is because I am currently in the process of designing my own raid sort of like origins. I love the PvE side of DayZ and hope to incorporate much more functionality for PvE in the future. =)

*Edit - Forgot to mention this is all server side and requires no additional downloads besides a sort of large map file at the beginning and only once unless I change something lawl. Map is only 3.4mb atm not to bad.

So, the pbo's you uploaded are for Chernarus? I will try that. off hand I was trying to figure out what I would have to do to the selfActions.sqf for Lingor, since it is not using the latest update. I believe it's still using 1.7.5. Any ideas?

Nice, there was a server I was playing on with a custom Namalsk map, with extra cities. Really brought out that it was inhabited by teh military families there!

So, the pbo's you uploaded are for Chernarus? I will try that. off hand I was trying to figure out what I would have to do to the selfActions.sqf for Lingor, since it is not using the latest update. I believe it's still using 1.7.5. Any ideas?
The mission files you gave me looked like charnerous mission files or were they for lingor? I believe i ended up making my own fn_selfActions.sqf because I was unsure. I would look in your original lingor/dayz_code.pbo and get fn_selfActions out of there and make your own copying where base building incorporates their code.

*Edit - Yes i made my own selfActions because namalsk has some custom stuff in there, this could be the case with lingor as well.

when I join my server I get
"loading character data please wait"
nothing happens here are my mission and server pbo if anyone can help me with this

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    75.9 KB · Views: 5
  • dayz_mission.pbo
    621.1 KB · Views: 9
when I join my server I get
"loading character data please wait"
nothing happens here are my mission and server pbo if anyone can help me with this
Taviana has its own set of fn_selfActions... go to your dayz taviana mod located in your arma 2/ folder and find the dayz_code.pbo inside of the taviana folder... open it and go to the compile folder and extract fn_selfActions.sqf and modify this one with the code added to the basebuilding fn_selfActions.sqf overwrite the one in YOUR dayz_mission/compile with the newly modified file and let me know if that worked.

Did you get that to work hippo?

Does anyone have this working with Dayz 1.7.6.1 Chernarus and Reality 0.39?

Cause mine still wont write to the database, even after the fixes on page 2.

Could someone who has it working and writing to the database upload their files? I would greatly appreciate it

Back