Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

btw is there an option where i can put the building up and down into the ground and or air ? ?

next bad thing i cant enter the code for removing the gates ,not the gate panels!

I can't seem to get the buildings to save to my DB. Any advice?

Here is my 'check_publishobject = {' section of my server_functions.sqf.
Code:
check_publishobject = {
    private["_allowed","_allowedObjects","_object"];

_object = _this select 0;
    _playername = _this select 1;
    _allowedObjects = ["TentStorage", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","TrapBear","Wire_cat1"];
    _allowed = false;

diag_log format ["DEBUG: Checking if Object: %1 is allowed published by %2", _object, _playername];

if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
        diag_log format ["DEBUG: Object: %1 published by %2 is Safe",_object, _playername];
        _allowed = true;
    };

_allowed
};

Anything I'm missing in this file?

I've had the same issues before on Reality hive but I come to find out it was something that I was forgetting to update. I ended up going to daiymo's github and looking at the latest file updates and grabbing those and overwriting the Mission pbo side files. From there on I just made the neccessary changes and it works. I know with Daiymo release like from a week or two ago there was a bug with it not working right. It would work on the same day but the very next day it wouldn't work anymore. Just make sure you have his latest files and if your using Reality hive and not sure which function would work for you, just check in your dayz_server.pbo for the files local_deleteobj.sqf in the Compiles folder and if you don't have that file you most likely would have server_deleteobj.sqf in there, and if that is the case you would most liley have to go change local_deleteobj to server_deleteobj in his player_remove.sqf.

I have a major issue, since the 1.2.1 update everything is gone after restart, so nothing saves. 1.2 did work fine but I needed to fix the pincode so I upgraded to 1.2.1.

Tents are not saved anymore as well. I'm running Taviana 2.0. Any idea? Thanks

Make sure you deployed the BaseBuilding_Deployables.sql in the tutorial by creating a new query and running the script. Also set default schema to the one your deploying to.

Also in player_build.sqf make sure your function at the bottom is the proper one as specified in the tutorial. That probably wont be it but worth a check.

should be something like this for Reality:

Code:
_object setVariable ["characterID",dayz_characterID,true];
    dayzPublishObj = [dayz_characterID,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname];
    publicVariableServer "dayzPublishObj";
        if (isServer) then {
            dayzPublishObj call server_publishObj;
        };

Ill try and compile a FAQ on the tutorial as well as make some quick fixes when I have time.

Thanks for the reply. I read in the readme this.

"- In MYSQL Workbench (or whatever you use to manage DB):
- Set your default schema (the database you want to execute scripts on)
- Make sure you backup and delete your current deployable list. (also keep track of your current primary key IDs for your deployables as MINE may be different.)
- Go to: <br> File >> Open SQL scripts >> and find/open **BaseBuilding_Deployables.sql**

What do I do once I open MYSQL Workbench? I don't know how to set the default schema.

Does my BaseBuilding_Deployables.sqf need to be in my mission.pbo directory?

I have a major issue, since the 1.2.1 update everything is gone after restart, so nothing saves. 1.2 did work fine but I needed to fix the pincode so I upgraded to 1.2.1.

Tents are not saved anymore as well. I'm running Taviana 2.0. Any idea? Thanks

Check this page out http://www.opendayz.net/threads/tent-vehicle-saving-issues-fix-for-1-7-6-1-for-reality-hive.10996/ It says for 1.7.6.1 but it should still work for the 1.7.4.4 files that Taviana 2.0 uses. If you have any issues just contact me, I'll be more than happy to offer assistance.

Hey guys,
I setup me own Server all Work with Taviana 2.0 and base building mod, but i restart the server and no obj load.
Here is me server files:
dayz_1.tavi.pbo
dayz_server.pbo
script.txt

deployable
mpyclecdkdvy.png

I still haven't gotten this step to work. I am slightly puzzled. Does anyone mind helping out with this description, or simplify this for me?

"**BaseBuilding_Deployables.sql** can be found in:<br>
>**"BaseBuilding-DayZ\basebuilding\database"**

- In MYSQL Workbench (or whatever you use to manage DB):
- Make sure you backup and delete your current deployable list. (also keep track of your current primary key IDs for your deployables as MINE may be different.)
- Go to: <br> File >> Open SQL scripts >> and find/open **BaseBuilding_Deployables.sql**

Execute the script."

I just installed the update & tested it all is fine except one problem when I place the key pad. it goes thru the building steps & shows complete then it disappears ?

Still Can't Seem to Get This to Work (Key Pad) Keeps Disappearing after it is built... Please Help

daimyo21 Could use your help PLEASE. it was working just a few days ago but stopped

I just installed the update & tested it all is fine except one problem when I place the key pad. it goes thru the building steps & shows complete then it disappears ?

Still Can't Seem to Get This to Work (Key Pad) Keeps Disappearing after it is built... Please Help

daimyo21 Could use your help PLEASE. it was working just a few days ago but stopped

Does your buildables save to your DB? Do you think you know my problem?

I just don't understand this part of the readme.

Execute the script."

Execute the script."

It did but no longer does not sure what has changed its been working for the past 3 weeks

I had this working, then I installed kikyou2 Building Improvements. There is a problem with the Foriegn keys SQL on Chernarus so I reverted back to this version. Unfortunately now I am getting this error in the hiveTXT.log:
Code:
HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:8825:Infostand_2_EP1:0:83:[356.843,[4381.47,8063.28,-0.105927]]:[]:[]:any:438158063311357:|
I am not sure where to go next except by deleting everything and starting over. I have quite a few modifications so I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?

I had this working, then I installed kikyou2 Building Improvements. There is a problem with the Foriegn keys SQL on Chernarus so I reverted back to this version. Unfortunately now I am getting this error in the hiveTXT.log:
Code:
HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:8825:Infostand_2_EP1:0:83:[356.843,[4381.47,8063.28,-0.105927]]:[]:[]:any:438158063311357:|
I am not sure where to go next except by deleting everything and starting over. I have quite a few modifications so I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?

So after a good sleep I fixed it. My server_publishObject.sqf was wrong. I am not sure why exactly. I replaced it with the original, made the changes in the guide the bosh, all saves and is there after restart.

In dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf

Change

if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
deleteVehicle _object;
};

to

//if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
// deleteVehicle _object;
//};

Execute the script."

So your MYSQL interface, find the database on left side. Right click "set as default schema" meaning youll execute any "SQL" code to that database only (you may have multiple ones)

Go into your database >> deployables tables, right click edit tables. Keep track of the primary ids (very left column) These numbers correspond with tents, tank traps etc and its how instance_deployables table keeps track of object types, my tent id from the BaseBuilding_Deployables.sql may be different from yours, making all your tents on your server turn into fences for all I know etc. In deployables tables on top there should be an "Export" button, press that and set file as a "SQL Inserts" to backup or simply just delete all the rows if this is ur first server (not the columns)

Once this is done, there should be a script open and at the top is a lightning bolt if your using workbench. Press that to execute all. Or on the tool bars above find "run sql script" or some sort of "run script" option.

Good luck

In dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf

Change

if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
deleteVehicle _object;
};

to

//if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
// deleteVehicle _object;
//};

So your MYSQL interface, find the database on left side. Right click "set as default schema" meaning youll execute any "SQL" code to that database only (you may have multiple ones)

Go into your database >> deployables tables, right click edit tables. Keep track of the primary ids (very left column) These numbers correspond with tents, tank traps etc and its how instance_deployables table keeps track of object types, my tent id from the BaseBuilding_Deployables.sql may be different from yours, making all your tents on your server turn into fences for all I know etc. In deployables tables on top there should be an "Export" button, press that and set file as a "SQL Inserts" to backup or simply just delete all the rows if this is ur first server (not the columns)

Once this is done, there should be a script open and at the top is a lightning bolt if your using workbench. Press that to execute all. Or on the tool bars above find "run sql script" or some sort of "run script" option.

Good luck

I did get it working, and thanks! :)

All this after restarting the server?
Server v1.7.6.1(dayzcc)
82b4b491e5a4.jpg

On the tutorial https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ

after this part:
Also for Reality Build users on 1.7.6.1 or objects not removing from Database after restart:

-Section 1 is mandatory if you want your buildables to be placed properly after server restart.
  • Open YOUR dayz_server folder\system\server_monitor.sqf"
  • Follow instructions for Section 1 to setup the server_monitor.sqf

Code:

I took a look at the modifications he made to my initial code, he put a warning at top to backup your stuff as it may mess things up (i too couldnt get it to work). I looked through what he changed and It gave me some ideas of how to do it better but I didnt have time back then. I have a better working version now however its not ready for release and not thoroughly tested. I will post release notes.

Best advice is to follow the paper trail. Start at player_build.sqf which calls dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf which after restart the server_monitor.sqf is what spawns the buildings again. Id try to look at some default dayz_server files and compare those 3 files, than my base building files and your current ones.

daimyo21, have a question regarding hive and database:

i'm using R4ZoR49 (more or less the official community) dayz version 1.7.6.1, thus rajkosto's hive version fo9.6.14-po.8.0.4 as it comes with dayz. your installation instructions include the part where a table named deployable is to be set up in the database, which holds a list of deployable items or whatever ...

my question is, how and where exactly in your code is this table accessed? i was not able to find any reference to a table with the name deployable. not in your own code, not in the standard dayz code and also not in the source code for the hive? so, how is it supposed to be accessed? is this table used at all?

Sorry if this is a noob question. I have all the base building and everything else working now except one thing. The only thing I can't remove is info stands.

As for the above - I have a deployable table in my database, it is used for the list of base build items and their id numbers.

Back