DayZ 1.7.7 update soon

so all scripts and addons will be useless?
can u point me to a guide of how update my reality server?

As per above - will this just be a case of updating DayZ on the server itself? Will we need a specific reality build, or can we take it from dayzmod.com once it's live?

Reality will release a new build which is compatible with 1.7.7 code. Most of the scripts will become useless until the owner updates them.

Hey Heisenberg,

Cool! So, is there any news on when Reality will release their new build? I notice the post in the announcements thread that it's at the 'end of development' cycle, and is only maintained from now on - Will this mean a delay in 1.7.7 code friendly Reality being ready?

Cheers :)

Mike.

Reality will release a new build which is compatible with 1.7.7 code. Most of the scripts will become useless until the owner updates them.

Wasn't that quite long ago though? I assumed there had been a few more fixes since then, and wondered if this would cause delays. Or were they just waiting Rocket to get down from the mountain? :D - :)

Now its wait for E3 to be done cause apparently the whole steam staff represents there. And then when they get back, it will be fathers day, then 4th of july.

Well, is this NOT it??? http://fr1.dayz.nu/

lol, so, some guys get the update, others not, nice.

edit: lol they put ur screenshoot down, wow, LOL

Yes, it kind of updates in the background too. There is no obvious sign that your game has updated to 1.7.7 (there is a version number in the lower right but nobody really looks close at that).

The problem arises that you can still select 1.7.6.1 servers and join them but the joining fails. Leaves players wondering why they can't connect to their server. No obvious message about incompatible version if you use Steam.
Then when I switch back to DayZ commander it tells me my installation is corrupt so I can go back to 1.7.6.1 but any STEAM players will not see this option.

Yes, it kind of updates in the background too. There is no obvious sign that your game has updated to 1.7.7 (there is a version number in the lower right but nobody really looks close at that).

The problem arises that you can still select 1.7.6.1 servers and join them but the joining fails. Leaves players wondering why they can't connect to their server. No obvious message about incompatible version if you use Steam.
Then when I switch back to DayZ commander it tells me my installation is corrupt so I can go back to 1.7.6.1 but any STEAM players will not see this option.

Would have made a lot more sense if they just released it the old style way first and pushed the updates out to the steam noobies once the servers were all updated anyway right?

Anyway looking forward to trying the new reality build and the patch once it is available.

Sooo - if it's released, does that mean the reality build will be soon to follow? :D

Would have made a lot more sense if they just released it the old style way first and pushed the updates out to the steam noobies once the servers were all updated anyway right?

Anyway looking forward to trying the new reality build and the patch once it is available.

Sooo - if it's released, does that mean the reality build will be soon to follow? :D

They only just released the server files give them a chance

Never usually takes thevisad very long hopefully we see something today, until then I will continue hammering refresh on github :)

can we run the this version with the current reality schema?
i thought that the server files are missing the mission-file, but you can find a mission generator url in the changelog.
http://www.silentspy.net/p/dayz-mission-generator/
if you select disable anti teleport your init.sqf wont be build correctly. you have to put
Code:
};
at the end of init.sqf.

Back