DayZ Epoch Taviana 2.0 - How?

No it does not have to match. If you were to run 2 servers, using the same database, that separates the data. Each row in your database would have an 'instance' field and would have 11. If your other server was Takistan, the instance field would be 1. So when your server retrieves data from the database it requests the data excluding any data that does not match the instance.

Those changes are which map we are loading. Whatever map you are running has to be listed, tavi, takistan, chernarus, canadia .. I dont know what other 'classes' call for chernarus that you are talking about. Most likely they are just text displayed for information.

THe other classes that call Chernarus are:

class Intro
class OutroWin
class Outroloose

Ok, where do we go from here in order to get my Tavi Epoch server run??

BTW, I need a little help on how to post here from PasteBin.com.

Last edited:
working, be home in a few hours.

i am not sure what is contained in those classes as,far as,chernarus, they are not often edited. probably not a,bad idea, but i didnt do anything and,the server worked.

the issue is why is your hiveext not connecting to the running db.

why dont you post the relevent files and we will see.

config folder
mission
dayzserver pbo
start script

go to pastebin.com
create new,paste
select php as syntax,highlight
submit
copy the url at the top of the page and paste it here
http://pastebin.com/3hC8MTme

it limits,the size of pastes for guests, i have a lifetime pro account. thought i could,create,subusers and add you but not.
was testing some private pastebin alternatives yesterday, not very good ... i have my own private cloud hosting like dropbix, google drive called,owncloud whichbis excellent. thought i could get the same with pastebin

Ok, here is the link to the

config folder
mission
dayzserver pbo
start script.
I've also added an RPT file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2imigoc01gp9im8/AAD9DLriqIkjD_lLNrSd5KSma?dl=0

The config folder and the mission folder have been zipped.

I did notice that the dayz_server.pbo has been modified by FallingSheep in order to get his repack working. But I have tried using the Dayz_Epoch_server (which is the same as the original Tavi_epoch_server pbo) and I got the same error.

I will now try to copy over the Pastebin stuff. It may take me a bit.

Ok, I've pasted the link for the hiveext.log dump to your account link you just pasted above.

Last edited:
Well you didnt paste the link from pastebin to this post, you cant edit my posts etc. I found it just by searching for hiveext.log
http://pastebin.com/iF6XJuMT
Do you see the url in blue at the top of the page. that is what you paste into a forum post here.
effCcX1.png

And I suggest you make an imgur account and use Greenshot, linked to imgur. So you just printscreen, and it posts to imgur and the link is automatically in your clipboard so you just paste the link here..

I got your tavi solution .. but as you may or may not know .. I like to make videos so waiting for it to upload to youtube right now

oh well, error in the video. Not going to make another one ..
Here is a download to your start script and your config folder http://iaretechnician.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=21f14b3344eec905ed78698cf1fe3e4e

Here is what the issue was:
This was your original start script.
Code:
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@Tavi_Epoch_Server;@Tavi -config=config\tavi\tavi11.cfg -cfg=config\tavi\basic.cfg -profiles=Config\tavi\tavi_11 -name=AtomikMulch
If you look carefully, your profiles parameter is config\tavi\tavi_11 .. and that is the folder where it will save your user info (atomicmulch), your RPT logs, your hiveext.log AND most importantly this is the folder it loads your hiveext.ini from. Unfortunately, you had your hiveext.ini file in the config\tavi folder which is what we expected because it was trying to connect without your correct user or password.

This is the modified script:
Code:
start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@Tavi_Epoch_Server;@Tavi -config=config\tavi\tavi11.cfg -cfg=config\tavi\basic.cfg -profiles=Config\tavi\taviserver -name=AtomikMulch
I changed the profiles to save to config\tavi\taviserver because this is LESS confusing when you look at the folders because its not the same name. The profiles folder will contain nothing except your hiveext.ini file initially. When you start the server it will create a user folder which contains your atomicmulch user folder which contains the profile folders where you can specifically edit the difficulty settings of the server.

So short story: your current settings you can simply copy hiveext.ini into the config/tavi/tavi11 folder.
I preferred to change the location of profile to tavi_server and place the hiveext.ini in there.

on second thought ... a much abreviated video .. but I already had the intro and outro scenes in place so it felt like a waste to not post one ..

Thank you so much for your help!

Ok, I didn't know that the hiveext.ini had to be in that profiles folder. Well I learned something new! :cool:

Onto success!!!!

Last edited:
yes, those parameters like =name, -profiles are not very well documented. Especially since the hiveext.ini is not part of Arma2, thats a Dayz invention so .. trial and error and error and error usually.

Last edited:
Ok, I just tried joining the server. Launches beautifully but at one point, the client machine says in the Multiplayer setup screen: "Receiving mission file (0kb/0kb)", and it freezes there. It read the original mission file of 53kb without a problem, so why this??

Well .. you should know by now that my crystal ball is broken so I cant see directly into your server .. you need to post the RPT log

WHAT? You broke your crystal balls???? o_O :oops: :eek:

Well that answers my question........which will not be posted. :D

But, I will post the RPT file as soon as I get breakfast.

Last edited:
Alright, I've launched the server, launched Arma2:OA with the appropriate expansions, joined the server and after 30 minutes of trying to join I cancelled the process.

So, what was happening was that the game kept cycling through the "Waiting for server to start authentication" process, over and over and after 10 attempts, I cancelled it. So I had a quick peek at the RPT file, the hive was complaining of ""ERROR: Cannot Sync Character AtomikMulch as no characterID"" and kept disconnecting my player.

So here are the RPT and log files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb7b07y9yc2inr1/AACg4jYkYeuyxA0ke9mj7HZAa?dl=0

Why is my player being disconnected??

Last edited:
delete your character from the hive and see what happens.
postie me your dayz_server.pbo and mission again .. I will test it
and .. here is an alternative to pastebin.com
https://gist.github.com/
github is a good tool, but hard to learn for newbs. But GIST is part of it and you can paste large public files, sign up for an account for free and you can save all your code snippets.

this is your RPT you just forced me to download. https://gist.github.com/iaretechnician/8f54820eb9981ecd2c6e

Last edited:
the taviserver/atomicmulch is your settings, difficulty, saved variables .. so .. no.

Start the server so the mysql is running, start mysql workbench and connect to the epoch database. Delete all the rows in the character table ..

Ah, perfect.

First of all, before I delete my character from the hive, will this also delete my character from my ordinary Epoch server??

BTW, have you glued your crystal ball back together??

Last edited:
Back