DayZ: Invasion 1944 Release Thread!

so is it true you guys wont reduce the addons or some shit for Dayz.st servers as i asked when they were allowing your fine mod and they gave me some bullshit story you guys wont let them

Um sorry you caught me just as i was about to goto bed hella tired so im sorry if that didn't make any sense, um basically i was talking to the Dayz.ST guys and was asking them if they were going to allow us to do 1944 servers and long story short they said they weren't going to do it because the way you have set it up its like running two rmods because you didn't set it up correctly. So pretty much the only way to do it would be to have you talk to the other modders and do something i cant exactly remember what they said as im quite tired and have work in a few hours but that was basically what they said.

Was good seeing you on the server tonight having a chat to people really enjoying the mod so far, not sure if you have heard about this bug yet but there are multiple non 1944 vehicles spawning and when you walk up to them lets say a hilux and its all damaged you can repair it without any tools or materials and it will auto repair it to all orange all wheels and a quarter a tank of gas.

they said they weren't going to do it because the way you have set it up its like running two rmods because you didn't set it up correctly

Thats the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard, they have no idea what they are doing. they expect it to be in one mod-folder don't they?, well how about they go ask the i44 dev team themselves and actually gather some info because making up crap.... putting it the one mod-folder VOIDS the Invasion 1944 TOS because its redistributing their assets.

EDIT: @Banic, that message was not directed at you, its directed at dayz.st :)

Merging everything into a single modfolder is very unprofessional.
DayZ custom mod authors still have a lot to learn when it comes to ARMA modding :)
  • Causes a lot of duplication between different modfolders. Wasting bandwidth and Space, on both, the client and on the server (hosting bandwidth and space isn't free you know!)
  • Usually lacks author information of the used pbo's
  • Usually lacks readme of the used pbo's
  • Usually official signatures are removed only to replace them with new ones, causing unneeded incompatibility
  • It often is against the licensing policy of the mod author
  • A lot of addons depend on other, common, addons. It would be pointless to keep duplicating them. It's worse when you need to combine these mods together, and have different versions of the same dependency 'somewhere' in one or more of the modfolders.
Stapo's way is the only way to go.

Tools like Play withSIX are built to make this fully transparent, easy, and effort-less. You don't even notice the split up.
Other than that it saves you a shitload of diskspace and bandwidth (in case of I44: like 3 GB!)

The worst example is the like 4 different variants that are available of DayZ on Taviana. That's like 3 GB of duplicate data.

Thats the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard, they have no idea what they are doing. they expect it to be in one mod-folder don't they?, well how about they go ask the i44 dev team themselves and actually gather some info because making up crap.... putting it the one mod-folder VOIDS the Invasion 1944 TOS because its redistributing their assets.

EDIT: @Banic, that message was not directed at you, its directed at dayz.st :)

The tech rep he was talking to probably thought he was talking about dayz origins, not i44 - some of them are underinformed about new mods. We'll host DayZ i44 when we have time I'm sure. Lots of mods we host aren't in one modfolder.

The tech rep he was talking to probably thought he was talking about dayz origins, not i44 - some of them are underinformed about new mods. We'll host DayZ i44 when we have time I'm sure. Lots of mods we host aren't in one modfolder.

Ok good that you have confirmed that.

Well it was allan that said that to me and i did ask about 1944, granted he could of thought i was talking about origins and not 1944 but even so i was under the impression they were milking it for money not having it set up in two mod folders but i am glad to hear you guys will get around to 1944 when you can because i have been playing on the first server that was set to 1944 for about 8 hours + a day really really enjoyable.

Well it was allan that said that to me and i did ask about 1944, granted he could of thought i was talking about origins and not 1944 but even so i was under the impression they were milking it for money not having it set up in two mod folders but i am glad to hear you guys will get around to 1944 when you can because i have been playing on the first server that was set to 1944 for about 8 hours + a day really really enjoyable.
Yeah I just read the e-mail a few minutes ago, he was confused - we'll be adding this mod when we get time.

Yeah I just read the e-mail a few minutes ago, he was confused - we'll be adding this mod when we get time.

I WANT ALL SERVER HOSTING COMPANIES TO ASK PERMISSION FROM THE i44 DEV TEAM BEFORE HOSTING AS THEY ARE VERY FORMAL AND STRICT ON THIS KIND OF THING.

Hey everyone, Pac from the Invasion 1944 development team here, hopefully be able to clear up any questions you have about mirroring and hosting of the stock I44 files required for Dayz: I44.

First and foremost I44 is a free modification for ArmA2 under no circumstances is anyone allowed to profit from the use or distribution of the files, nor modify and re-release the files.

Private communities that require registration fee's and donations are a little different than selling our work as your own, servers obviously have a cost to run so as long as there is no charge for the download itself its no different than any ArmA2 modification and is under the user agreement terms and conditions set by Bohemia Interactive and Invasion 1944 teams as provided in documentation to both.

As the I44 team has no involvement in the development of the Dayz:I44 mod we cannot provide any technical support to issues you may encounter, but we will do what we can to support the Dayz:I44 team to ensure maximum compatibility with the latest version of the mod.

We are unable to always provide a full standalone archive version for download of the current build of I44 for websites to mirror, due to the size and frequency of updates. However full builds are available from Play withSix which is now our primary distribution method. I think I44 is also now available through DayZ Commander which should make things easier for most users.

Our official 7z Archives are available from our ModDB page here.

If anyone would like to mirror or support I44 through their own distribution networks feel free to do so as long as the files are unmodified, you are free to compile the existing releases into a single package download just be sure to patch them in order and provide all original documentation including patch notes etc. If you have any questions feel free to contact me through our forums at the site above. I will try and monitor this forum post as well so you can try asking here but can't guarantee an answer.

To those of you that are new to I44 welcome to the war, please do take the time to check out the original mod as intended as well as enjoying your DayZ fixes! We have a lot more coming soon to the mod with a complete Aircraft overhaul for 2.7 due soon its a great time to be joining the I44 community.

That's great and everything, I mean, I appreciate the hard work you must've went through while making this mod, but - why don't fix the framerate issue first? Me and a lot of people I know can't play it at the moment due to the really, really bad framerate, even on the lowest settings (while I can play any other mod on maximum settings with around 30-40FPS). And no, deleting the @CBA_CO folder doesn't help that much for me, nor my friends.

That's great and everything, I mean, I appreciate the hard work you must've went through while making this mod, but - why don't fix the framerate issue first? Me and a lot of people I know can't play it at the moment due to the really, really bad framerate, even on the lowest settings (while I can play any other mod on maximum settings with around 30-40FPS). And no, deleting the @CBA_CO folder doesn't help that much for me, nor my friends.

thats not a i44 issue mate, server owners having been given a temp fix for the lag... they just have to update thier servers :)

Uhm, I don't know if this is a 1944 problem, or a DayZ Commander issue, but is there some reason no servers show up in my DayZ Commander?

We`ve added some fresh new vehicles.
A few planes and tanks.

Theres a lot more to add, cause stapo banned nothing of the i44 stuff.
you can set customskin and and and....

Attachments

• vehicle.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 15
Back