_distance = _leader distan>
22:45:52  Error position: <_foo)) then
{
_distance = _leader distan>
22:45:52  Error Undefined variable in expression: _foo
22:45:52 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\addin\dog.sqf, line 76

but on version 1023 all work fine
can someone help me with this?

Since the _leader variable is calling from another .sqf would that effect the movement of the dogs?

I've done some modifying to this script adding new stuff (may relase if pixels allows me to) I've been trying to get the dogs to move correctly but i just can't get it, i've tried many things in dog.sqf but it dosen't do any good.

The dogs pausing and zig zaggin all over the place is somewhat making it hard to add new stuff to the script.

Dogs can't keep up with me due to the pause every so often (i'm assuming it has to do with the execVM having to compile and load the script each time _leader is called.

Possible to make the dogs run smoothly? The way they currenlty are makes me think i'm with a dumb dog.

it seems that when i do a doMove to kill a zombie, it teleports to the zombie and kills it then teleports back to me like there is somthing making the movement all messed up

It's probably lag in the chase code. They dog has to find the leader, get his coordinates, and then run pathfind to reach you. It's the same reason why zombies zig zag like they do. That's why in Epoch as a zombie you can run right up on players so quickly even though you have the same speed a zombie does, as you don't pause to calculate, and run zig zags like they do but still have their speed.

Its an ai limitation as far as I know.
Since dayz hasn't found a fix for it, I don't think it can be done with this engine unless someone comes up with an entirely new way to do chase in this engine.

AI can follow reletively well over open ground but its when there are objects in the way that they need to calculate around is where issues are most apparant. They don't run full speed towards you when you are constantly moving causing more constant calculating which causes the zig zag.

Well that's a downer, well hopefully someone will come out with a new way to chase that will make movements much better, thank you for the help

I was looking thru here for some info on the scifi stuff and noticed alot of ppl sayin the dogs dont work. I have had these working w 0 errors on every mod so far. Even all the updated ones. If u need help just message me and i will get you setup.

Its an ai limitation as far as I know.
Since dayz hasn't found a fix for it, I don't think it can be done with this engine unless someone comes up with an entirely new way to do chase in this engine.

AI can follow reletively well over open ground but its when there are objects in the way that they need to calculate around is where issues are most apparant. They don't run full speed towards you when you are constantly moving causing more constant calculating which causes the zig zag.
ya thats what i have found. It appears the pathing works similar to the zed pathing and they have trouble finding the owner sometimes. If you just slow it down a notch, lol, they will stay within the limit range at least.

if i wanted to put WORKING DOG houses in my Admin base or anywhere on the Map. how do i go about doing that.
i did the SinglePlayer Editor , and made Map Markers.

then added those to my description.sqf.. under CLASS VEHICLES.. and updated the item #'s..

but server is stuck on Waiting on host.

i just want to be able to drop dog houses in my bases.. with working dogs.. any ideas???

if i wanted to put WORKING DOG houses in my Admin base or anywhere on the Map. how do i go about doing that.
i did the SinglePlayer Editor , and made Map Markers.

then added those to my description.sqf.. under CLASS VEHICLES.. and updated the item #'s..

but server is stuck on Waiting on host.

i just want to be able to drop dog houses in my bases.. with working dogs.. any ideas???
Yes, you need to add the doghouses to the mission.sqm not the description.ext or w/e its called. That file is for things like defining sounds and text and loadscreens and death screens. This is what i do go to ur mission.sqm file and under vehicles add this to the last part right after the last vehicle is defined but before the section closes
Code:
class Item17
        {
            position[]={1904.4803,7.4903841,2283.3718};
            id=18;
            side="EMPTY";
            vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
            text="dog_6";
            init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];";
        };
Make sure the class item number stays in order with the existing ones. If the last one currently is 16 then the first doghouse would be 17 like mine. The id is always the class item number plus 1 because the first item is 0 and the id for it is 1. I hope that makes since lol. At the start of the vehicles section make sure u amend the total number to reflect what u added. like this
Code:
class Vehicles
    {
        items=42;
        class Item0
mine has 41 items but the last item id is 42, remember because the first item was 0, 0-41 is 42. When it ends make sure there is only one trailing closer like this
Code:
class Item41
        {
            position[]={11223.203,191.0547,12237.656};
            id=42;
            side="EMPTY";
            vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
            text="dog_27";
            init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];";
        };
    };
    class Markers
    {
        items=7;
        class Item0
If you still have trouble then :p send me ur files and i will give you mine that already work.

hey thanks for the help.. i will try to do it in a few moments.. if i still run into any problems i'll let you know..
thanks again in advance, this info might be useful to other ppl as well..

I dont know if this thread is still active in some kind but i really need help. Im running DayZ Chernarus on 1.8.0.3 and im trying to add only Lift and Climb on Back from this addin but it wont work >.> ... I already have a IntroCutscene script installed so that causes problems too.

I changed the first line from prlInit.sqf to
Code:
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};

i also removed the stuff i dont need from prlInit.sqf
This is how it looks like now
Code:

//failsafe vehClimb.sqf
if (animationState player == "sitUnarm_L_idleLoop_inUH1Y") then {[nil,player,rSwitchMove, "AidlPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_SleepC_killFly"] call RE;};

//vehicle climb
_nul = [] execVM "addin\vehInit.sqf";

This is how my Init.sqf looks like

Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "camera\loginCamera.sqf";
    if (dayz_antihack == 1) then {
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
    };

I did not change anything in description.ext or mission.sqf because i think that stuff is only for dogs annomalies and the buildings.
Does someone know what the problem could be :-S
Im thankful for any help.

I dont know if this thread is still active in some kind but i really need help. Im running DayZ Chernarus on 1.8.0.3 and im trying to add only Lift and Climb on Back from this addin but it wont work >.> ... I already have a IntroCutscene script installed so that causes problems too.

I changed the first line from prlInit.sqf to
Code:

i also removed the stuff i dont need from prlInit.sqf
This is how it looks like now
Code:

//failsafe vehClimb.sqf
if (animationState player == "sitUnarm_L_idleLoop_inUH1Y") then {[nil,player,rSwitchMove, "AidlPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_SleepC_killFly"] call RE;};

//vehicle climb
_nul = [] execVM "addin\vehInit.sqf";

This is how my Init.sqf looks like

Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "camera\loginCamera.sqf";
    if (dayz_antihack == 1) then {
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
    };

I did not change anything in description.ext or mission.sqf because i think that stuff is only for dogs annomalies and the buildings.
Does someone know what the problem could be :-S
Im thankful for any help.
instead of PVDZ blah blah use dayz animal check, i htink that may be your issue.

also it seems u didnt actually add the execvm line for plrinit under the intorscene one u have in the init file. The addeventhandler i find isnt required for the entire addon.

and as for the other issues u guys are having. I have this working on just about every dayz mod still so i know they all work properly still. Just about finding which bug is killing it. :/

Back