DayZ Mission System

Yeah i totally commented it out today, in a hope that it will fix it.
This is the new value: init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;
I got infinistar running yeah, so my @ss is covered :p when backdoors are not going public.hehe

I am really disappointed with the epoch coding scene...I am not saying that i can code well but besides maca and a few others in there most are just copy/pasters... :( Debugging Arma is such a time waster....10h for a function...

I am trying with this now...same thing:

Code:
_var = _object getvariable "Sarge";
if(isnil "_var") then {_grrrVal= 0;} else {_grrrVal = _var;};
if(_grrrVal == 1) exitWith {  };

but i dont have high hopes....

On my test server i get no errors,(but i am alone there) .When i release it to the public server, no matter what...i get the error.

did you add : //new
at the top of every filter file ? That makes them compatible again.

I know that's part of it, but is that all of it? Check this thread maybe you could chime in if you know something. http://opendayz.net/threads/battleye-filters-are-now-parsed-as-regex-breaking-old-filters.18321/
A lot of people are in the dark about this including myself. All I know is, battleye doesn't write to my logs anymore.

Edit- just tried adding //new to the top of my existing filters and that broke the server. Tried adding the new filters given to me from my antihack developer and they broke the server too :p

Last edited:
I know that's part of it, but is that all of it? Check this thread maybe you could chime in if you know something. http://opendayz.net/threads/battleye-filters-are-now-parsed-as-regex-breaking-old-filters.18321/
A lot of people are in the dark about this including myself. All I know is, battleye doesn't write to my logs anymore.

Edit- just tried adding //new to the top of my existing filters and that broke the server. Tried adding the new filters given to me from my antihack developer and they broke the server too :p

Are you using infinistar AH?
What type of error do you get in the logs when it gets messed up ?
Although you do have 1.8.0.3...not sure how it reacts over there..

What happens when you use that converter to make new filters? Error messages?

It practically makes the server unjoinable. Everyone is constantly getting kicked by a million different things... Gonna try the converter now.

Last edited:
Hey Sandbird. Try using the default server cleanup and that one line added to your updateObject.sqf. This of course means you will die when you get in a vehicle, but see if the error still occurs then.

My guess is its a semicolon issue trickling down from some earlier script.

Hey Sandbird. Try using the default server cleanup and that one line added to your updateObject.sqf. This of course means you will die when you get in a vehicle, but see if the error still occurs then.

My guess is its a semicolon issue trickling down from some earlier script.

Hey Vamp,
I cant tell you how many combinations i've tried. I tried with the default .fsm and default updateObject and just do the basic, add the Sarge or Mission value to both of the files and thats it....still the error. (plus an error for the .fsm)
Tried removing that part of the .fsm function....still the same error in the sqf file.
Rewrote the statement with isnil in case it was not set and it was causing troubles...still the same error.

What happens if i dont put that line in the .sqf file ? What will the update function do....i am not sure what will happen if "Sarge" is not present there ?

I've been having problems in the server, people losing backpacks on server restart, cars missing etc....i think its this error that does all this...but cant be sure....cause when i run it on a test machine with me and max 5-6 people...no errors happen...only on the live server this s***t happens making it impossible to debug.

If you dont have the line in server_updateObject.sqf then the vehicle dissapears when you get near it and your client "updates" it.

If you dont have the "hacker" fix, then it kills you when you get in as it detects that the vehicle is not in the database, and assumes you are a hacker that spawned it in.

Hey Guys,

Got small issue how could I edit the trigger that completes the mission , Reason why I want to do this the AC130 mission it is impossible to say complete so another mission do sent start :( Any Help ?

Awesome Script

Much Thanks

Peter Beer

Hey Guys,

Got small issue how could I edit the trigger that completes the mission , Reason why I want to do this the AC130 mission it is impossible to say complete so another mission do sent start :( Any Help ?

Awesome Script

Much Thanks

Peter Beer
there is another thread out there somewhere that addresses this issue. It essentially changes the required distance you have to be to the c130. Personally, I don't like the C130 mission and I did away with it. I replaced it with one of the other missions.

Found it http://opendayz.net/threads/c-130-side-mission-halp.14986/#post-89764

Well now this is interesting, all of the sudden, all over my RPT...
20:43:28 Error Generic error in expression
20:43:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 33
20:43:28 Error in expression <0";
};
if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

I never had this before... I think the only thing I changed was perhaps something in the deploy bicycle script... but ya this is spamming me like crazy.

Well now this is interesting, all of the sudden, all over my RPT...
20:43:28 Error Generic error in expression
20:43:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 33
20:43:28 Error in expression <0";
};
if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

I never had this before... I think the only thing I changed was perhaps something in the deploy bicycle script... but ya this is spamming me like crazy.

I had this recently on Epoch and it was because I didn't have a high enough count in my dynamic_vehicle.sqf for the number of spawns I had set the server to.

I'd assume yours is the same thing, but I'm not sure how you would fix it.

Odd because I think the server is set to like 1000 vehicles and I only spawn around 300... and I don't think vanilla dayz has a dynamic_vehicle.sqf unless you pulled it from your dayz code? hmmm Im scratching my head here but my RPT is like 2 MB lol

I had this recently on Epoch and it was because I didn't have a high enough count in my dynamic_vehicle.sqf for the number of spawns I had set the server to.

I'd assume yours is the same thing, but I'm not sure how you would fix it.

OMG thats why i dont get the error on my test server ? I have only 10 vehicles there to spawn for faster mission loading.
I'll check and post back

Yup that totally solved the problem :)
dynamic_vehicle.sqf, total car number must match the number you set in your init.sqf.

Convert the file into a .csv (remove [ ] and "), load it into excel....Sum up the quantity column, and add vehicles till you reach the desired number.
Convert back to a proper array in the sqf....done.

I cant thank you enough

Yup that totally solved the problem :)
dynamic_vehicle.sqf, total car number must match the number you set in your init.sqf.

Convert the file into a .csv (remove [ ] and "), load it into excel....Sum up the quantity column, and add vehicles till you reach the desired number.
Convert back to a proper array in the sqf....done.

I cant thank you enough
erm, could you help me out with this? I don't even know where the dynamic_vehicle.sqf is located.. is there even one on regular dayz?

For epoch dynamic vehicle is located inside the dayz_server.pbo, in the folder /missions/dayz_11.chernarus/dynamic_vehicles.sqf.

For any other version of dayz i have no idea. Vehicles list could be in a file or even a SQL table.

yea definitely don't have that on regular dayz, bummer. Damn your server pop is doing great mine suddenly fell off the face of the earth this week. odd

Back