Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Got a bit of focus this afternoon, and started finishing off the elevator shaft, created distance lods for all the panelak models. Going to abandon the well pump for now, focus on finishing the elevator shaft in the 8 story, and then put out an update I suppose.

Got, the elevator shafts as tightened up as I'm going to. The 4 story one is pretty bad, but it's there, the 8 story one is okish. both buildings need to get re-textured at some point.

After getting those done, I felt a bit better, so I gave another go at animating the well pump, which ended up working out fine with a little fiddling.

So, I've packed them onto the map, eventually I will add a SFX and hopefully a particle effect that shows water coming out of the spout.

This is really great, currently setting up a overpoch sahrani server.
alot of our regulars are looking forward to it and have been surprised
how much of an awesome map sahrani really is.

Man, it's just amazing, I packed up a build this morning, even was so bold as to sign it... ran around for 40 minutes, everything looked great, was just about to call it, and hit UL... and found a building in the middle of a field lol...

Kept checking found one more problem spot I somehow overlooked... and another object I moved out of the way and forgot to put back lol... also came across some older minor placement issues, and got them ALL ironed out.

PLUS, I found 5 or 6 more of the buildings M1lkm8n had done that were still the old models, and could be swapped in, so I removed the old ones and put in M1lkm8n's enterable version.

Buildings are tightened up, the dumpsters and the wells work, so I'm UL'ing a repacked/signed package now.

I'm not going to bother packing/signing/updating the mod, just the terrain.

I'm at a crossroads as far as how to move forward, I am likely going to just start batch converting all the buildings for A3 use, but I also have a LOT of changes I want to make to the terrain, and a few buildings I still want to finish off... As usual, I'm sure I'll bounce around a bit, and the releases will continue to trickle out.

Whelp, look at that, Google Drive finished uploading already, I pay for MediaFire and it's still chugging along at 20pct lol...

*EDIT

Google Drive links for:

SMD_Sahrani_A2_1.2.0

SMD_Sahrani_A2_Lite_1.2.0

SMD_Buildings_1.2.0

Mediafire links for:

SMD_Sahrani_A2

SMD_Sahrani_A2_Lite

SMD_Buildings

Last edited:
Speaking of OCD, I just went through EVERY model, and reduced section counts drastically.

In one case I went from over 400 to under 30. This SHOULD mean a noticeable performance increase.

Put the green hangers down, repacked the optimized build and am uploading v1.5 of the terrain and buildings packages now. Will post updated links in the morning

Been focused in other areas, and trying to get shifted into working on A3 and getting all the buildings converted for @CUP.

We're still coordinating all the guys working on it, and trying to come up with a good plan of attack, and assess what needs to be done and by who.

In the meantime I was looking for some distractions, and I decided to animate some more objects, I did a few wrecks, I'll go through and do all of them, and I did a BUNCH of furniture, as well as the normal garbage can...

I'm going to add sounds to all this stuff, and then do the same for ALL the doors/buildings in the build. I also want to see if I can make a particle effect for the water pump... I always wanted to do that for the gutters and downspouts depending on how hard it was raining.

I am likely going to be updating the mod. Just to add the new buildings, and their loot positions. I'm also going to change the name fully to Day7 Sahrani. I don't want to deal with the BS over using the DayZ name, so finalizing that change... it was sort of wishy washy before.

I've updated the mod files:

1. Name is Changed fully to Day 7 Sahrani (@Day7_Sahrani)

2. The new enterable buildings I added are now included with loot positions

3. The errors with the smd assets that were failing to show are fixed.

4. The new animated well pumps and dumpsters are in (no script to populate them with garbage bags or loot yet)

5. The drink from well script was adjusted for the above wells, and no longer allows you to drink from one of the brown buildings in the south

DayZ Commander has changed their update system since i last did it, so no clue when/how that will go, it should be available on PWS by tomorrow sometime?

The only server I know of currently is CCG's, but they run it in combo with Epoch so none of our awesome features are present.

Google Drive: @Day7_Sahrani 1.5.0 Client Files - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTveTJ5NTIwLVY3eUU/view?usp=sharing

Media Fire: @Day7_Sahrani 1.5.0 Client Files - http://www.mediafire.com/download/8jjv88v7a9o8o7s/@Day7_Sahrani.zip

Last edited:
i run an overpoch sahrani server aswell
noobsplayground community
i am waiting for this release :p

and i managed to port few awesome features sofar...
can really get the full works done cause alot of it is client side only so yeah that
does really suck :(

Yeah, it'a PITA mixing/matching mods... I'd REALLY love to see some vanilla Day7 Sahrani servers up, IMO it will offer something totally different than what is offered everywhere else.

There is a decently large group of players that clamour for a "old school" vanilla mod, and IMO that's what Sahrani is.. only more so... I'd take away the auto-refueling though if it were up to me :p

IMO, running it with anything else defeats the purpose of it, it certainly could use some changes/additions, but blanket inclusion of Epoch or Overwatch or both just ruins the whole spirit of the mod IMO.

Not slighting you (or CCG) at all for doing it, I just think if a few servers would step up and host it AS IS and promote it for what it already is, people will "get it" after they give it a chance...

w/o player or server interest I'm never going to get any interest from others to help finish the parts I can't do, much less have any motivation to spend anytime on it myself.

I likely wouldn't even have done/released this if it wasn't for someone approaching me directly a few times seeming very interested in hosting it as is...

I'd like to setup a server myself, but just find constantly changing focus' really draining... I'd kind of prefer just to retreat to the basement and work on buildings when I have time/want to... but Arma is like crack...

i'm not really having auto refuel, players have to turn of the engine get out of the vehicle
target a fuel pump and select their vehicle
and even then it takes a while to refuel.

i feel you on that last part mate. I've had a vanilla sahrani server and coulndt get the player
count up.

Yeah, def not pointing the finger, when they say there is no such thing as bad press... I don't think I was part of the case study...

It would really take a concerted effort with at least 3 servers per major market (US,Euro/Asian), shit tons more media and promotional materials, and a LOT more exposure on youtube and twitch...

I mean I've literally NEVER even seen a video of the new UI that I didn't make lol, which means no one has ever seen the inventory crafting, dynamic heli crashes, unique zombies, unique character models, unique vehicles etc...

For all the video evidence on youtube it's just another crappy dayz port on a different map that people will have a hard time navigating and even if they wanted to give it a go, there are no servers to try out.

People don't care about vanilla dayz any longer. They want loads of weapons, ability to gear up quickly, build a base, and kill people.

There's a reason the top servers are all overpoch or overwatch.

It's certainly not the same size as the "gimmie stuff" crowd.. but there is a VERY large population of DayZ players that can't play the mod because there are no vehicles and it's buggy as hell, and don't want to play complete overkill mods like epoch overwatch, and overpoch.

The problem is the people who make noise are the ones who want all bells and whistles, and the ones that just say "well this has gone to shit" just stop playing.

And obviously not going to be getting many/if any donations on a server that doesn't cater to the people that make the most noise.

It's not even about donations, it's about players.

I ran the #1 sahrani server for about 5-6 months before it died. The players make the server, and if someone wants to run a server that gets 10-15 players max and it's "hardcore" then that's fine, but they will never be full and popular.

Server owners listen to their player base, or they no longer have a player base :)

Back