Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

I patched the vert server and tested it, it seems to be fine, but I don't have admin tools so I can't be 100pct sure. I was able to log in fine, there were zombies, and loot, things happened etc.

I'm not going to promote this until I get some bug reports back, and get the final map build from M1lkm8n.

Please report any serious issues to the github, I don't are about formatting or reproducability etc.

Coords help a lot for building placement issues, but a lot of the time town name is plenty.

Mediafire client link DL'd and verified to work. Checking the Google package now as well.

Will reconfirm the server packages as well.

Mod is updated on DayZ Commander now.

5RjEK.png

Loot, since it was what I was working on when I said F it and banged out a build, is a bit messed up but fine for now.

All buildings are spawning 100 percent of their loot positions, which means LOTS and LOTS of loot in each building.

I never re-did the loot tables, so the commonalities are all the same, you'll see a LOT of axes, crowbars, winchesters etc.

M1lkm8n changed the names of, and which buildings were called at certain places on the terrain, so places that I had loot on the last build I did, do not now lol. It's not bad, you will see SHIT TONS of loot, but it's not final for sure.

Garbage was turned down, but thanks to the 100 percent spawn chance there is still tons of it. This might cause some performance issues on a busy server, but I think it should be fine for now. If it's causing serious lag please let me know and I will address it before I leave on Saturday.

I also left off a bunch of the loot positions for un-enterable buildings that had loot before. I will put them back in for 1.0.0, but for now a lot of the A1 buildings that don't have doors that used to have loot, won't have loot temporarily.

For the 1.0.0 I am going to attempt to have it all packaged properly on the server end. I know it's a huge PITA to setup a server with it right now without starting at 0.2.1 and then patching your way up to date.

Good to see it out !

Just a question : could you please share a complete server install ?
Or do we need to make an old version than to patch it ?

Many thanks.

I will do my best to do a complete server package with the 1.0.0 release that I hope to have ready latest end of January/Mid February.

I can try to look at what's missing compared to the 2.1. release and put it together before I go away, but I'm not sure I'll have time.

Finally I've made it quickly and see zombies and loots !

But my IG admin tool isn"t working (Blur AH).... Do you know how to allow it ? Without it will be difficult to support players !

Good to Here!

If your admin tools use the lobby menu they will not work. There are alternate admin tools that folks are using, you can PM one of the other sever admins about it or search on here.

Grafzahl posted something that utilizes Killzone Kids Tools as a base.

Well, it looks like no one has updated, so I guess that's that.

Sort of disappointing but it is what it is I suppose.

I knew going in that doing it legit was going to be an enormous undertaking, but was really hoping doing it the right way would pay off in the end.

The idea that people are playing it with that fuck ugly brown/green UI really makes me sad.

I'd say it's been fun, but frankly its really sucked the life and happiness out of me. With no server support, and being a one man band at this point, I guess it's time to let go of what could have been...

Look for map updates on AH... there will be one more major A2 update coming then nothing for a while. M1lkm8n is shifting focus to A3, I will not do anymore work on the mod since there is no audience here anymore.

Hi, i don't follow what you mean by no one has updated?

We are setting up a new server using your DayZ Sahrani, does the above post mean it will be taken down or just not developed any further?

Thanks

Jai

I'm migrating on a brand new dedicated server with better performance to give my players better gaming experiences.
So as soon as it will be ready (beginning of january), I will open my RP/survival server with sahrani. I've played a lot on a test server (only opened to my staff to test it) and I love it !

The only issue I have with your mod is the IG admin tool not working... and it is very a bad thing because we cannot do as many thing we were doing on our other servers and players will notice that !

Keep going on and tell us if you need things ;)

I have the SMD version running with Epoch, im concerned that this map/thread is available on commander and the smd isnt.

This latest release 0.9.7 is the SMD version of the map now. It's actually more finished than the SMD version of the map currently available on Armaholic.

The plan was to gather some feedback on the 0.9.7 build, then release a 1.0.0 version based on the feedback, as well as including the 1.0.0 version of the SMD version that will be uploaded to Armaholic.

So right now it's a bit confused. The SMD version on Armaholic is not the same SMD version in this build.

The two will merge when I return and Mlkm8n has confirmed the 1.0.0 version of the terrain is ready. I will then sign/release the terrain for Armaholic/Bi forums, AND release a 1.0.0 version of the Mod here and on Play With Six/DayZCommander. So ALL the SMD_Sahrani_A2 terrains will be identical.

If there is demand I will of course continue to work on the mod. And also would never consider pulling it from release or anything like that.

++++

I haven't really even had a chance to play the epoch supported SMD Sahrani, I'm not sure how/if I can do anything to address issues with running the terrain on other mods, same goes for RP, I'm just not familiar with those mods at all.

I'll try to DL them and check them out. But as it is I'm not even sure where/what users/hosts are DL'ing to make it work.

I'll have to check out the RP and Epoch forums I suppose.

++++

On the admin tools, I suppose it's silly at this point for us to have blocked them. The original intention was to provide our own to prevent abuse by both admins, AND the people who author most AH software... but that again is WELL beyond my scope of abilities.

Also with the ability to customize loudouts on respawn, Most of the intention is already gone anyway. We do not like server hosts offering donater perks,but understand at this point you sort of have to do what you have to do to keep afloat.

Any/all input or suggestions will be carefully considered.

OK so long story short (28 pages later). Are you going to allow Blur AH script to function? As you stated, hindsight is a bitch and if you want any mod to flourish you need to allow the public to have their tools. The server admin/owners will do the killing of their own servers if they decide to use the script for bad reasons. No one will want to play there and that's money down the drain for them. You will still have your mod and everyone will want to have new features from this mod.
We are looking on adding our A.C.E feature to your mod but without the AH working. It's going to be a deal breaker on our end.
PM me the details please on what Anti-hack your purposing.

Last edited:
You can't possibly have read any of my replies much less the 28 pages of this thread that account for almost 1 year of work on the mod, if you thought your comment was going to garner anything other than me going off on you.

I re-added the ability to customize loadouts because someone took the time to provide a clear and polite request and code fix for it. If you would like to do the same for the antihack I will include it. Otherwise I'm not investing further time into public updates, considering there are 0 servers besides the one Vert provided for us to update.

Mod support is a two way street, and for this mod, it's been looking more like an overgrown 1 way cow path for too long. I'm simply not spending any more time providing packages and updates when there are no servers and I've never even seen more than 3 people on the server I provided.

My apologies. I was not aiming to gain a negative feedback. I see that your efforts were not in the positive tone I was hoping for so I'll leave it at that.

Nonov, don't panic, your mod is very cool but you have released it a bit too late... Now Arma 3 and Dayz SA are out and many people have switched to these games !

But they are coming back to dayz A2 since a few days as these two games are not giving such functionalities and are not as stable as A2 mods !

I'm running a test server. My last and only issue is with IG admin tool (blur or whatever) ! Without it I'm not sure to give the best support I can to my user and I won't be able to give them a server as other I gave them ! With such an AT, I will open it to my players (400 players community) and make publicity about it (as I told you by mp, I will answer you asap by the way...) !

And don't forget that epoch is dying (they are migrating to A3) and will not provide other releases (except a last 1.4). So your mod will be the only one still alive !

So, and we are many to wait for that (just check the 28 pages before), allow blur AH to work and many servers will open up ! If you need files or help on it, don't hesitate to contact me or to ask the community ;)

Last edited:
I'm open to allowing the antihack, I just don't know how to handle it honestly.

I'm assuming the Blur AH uses the Lobby menu, which IMO I just can't bring back.

I don't even know if it's possible to provide an alternate PBO for admins. I'm not sure of how/where/when Blur functions.

We use the Community Dev Team Tools for testing which is likely the same basic thing, and that has no restriction on who accesses it, so obv. can't have that.

I'll need so more facts or info about Blur AH to be able to deal with it, unless someone can hand me a "fix" I can text/evaluate.

I'm open to it, but again, just not too interested in spending a ton more time on it and REALLY don't want to blow out the custom lobby...

I'll re-read the thread on it if I can find it.

Back