Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

It's your mod, your vision. I'm fine with harder zombies, and whatever loot you set.

If I don't like it, I'll change it :D

Get it on commander today!

Touched base with M1lkm8n and he's getting really close too....

I was about to say F it and package a build, but then stumbled into like 3 problems...

Here's a funny clip of how much modding for Arma sucks:

*that is fixed, and the remaining problem is sort of a non-issue. (some of the trucks have not gotten the new better offroad speeds)

I'm kind of in limbo with the logo too, but that also doesn't really worry me. I'm going to tinker around a bit more, see how the build is in general and then package it/send it to Dotjosh...

IF it gets pushed to DZC by Josh, and I get some feedback I might be able to do any fixes that might be needed before I go away, otherwise next year.

YAY!!!! Plisken sent me the Logo... I'm doing the new splash screen now... I suck at art! Plisken does not!

5OJR8.jpg

Start of new logo:

5OJSE.jpg

Will button that up decently quick, pull out some of the testing stuff, and then hopefully pack/sign push tonight... no promises but that's the goal

SA is out, like now.

No idea if I will pack this up tonight or not... who in their right mind would play it for the next week?

hahaha, all I had to do was finish the splash screen and yank out the dev tools... I still might do it tonight, the game kinda stinks and I have no one to play with anyhow..

No, I didn't even finish up the splash screen. I will shoot for it today... but again no promises. Kids are home from school today though so it should be a productive day.

...and by productive apparently I meant I playing DayZ SA with Seven all day... Sorry. I really think it would be silly to put it out now. I mean SA is JUST out... I'm going to binge on SA more tonight. I will try to iron out a build and hit the send key... Dotjosh never replied to me about changing the name of the mod either so not sure if that will be a problem or not

I'm one guy, I've been waiting for SA for a year, and I haven't played ANY game in over 4-5 months. Sorry for taking the first break I have taken from this mod in 5 months.

Since that's your plan I am definitely not going to kill myself trying to get a build out before I go away, so next year I suppose if at all... seems sort of pointless, and totally thankless.

I realize you're one guy but the last update for sahrani was on August 28th when you released 0.7.8.

Ever since that point it was, I'm going to release this week, only a few more bugs, and that has been the case ever since.

It's not totally thankless as we've had the most popular Sahrani server the entire time it's been available and players love the map. They just want something updated and some bug fixes.

I'm not berating you, or tearing you down, but at the same time just don't continue to say "it will be out this week" every week for 4 months.

I have to go where my players want me to go and they all want to push for epoch now, I was pushing them off as long as possible telling them that the update is coming, when the truth is, you are too busy to get a build done, which is fine, we just need the truth instead of false hopes.

Once again, not an attack in the least, and I hope you see it from the server owners side.

Yeah believe me I totally understand.

There's just not much I can do either. There were issues with the current map release that's out there, so we didn't want to package the mod on there. I'd love to be able to provide better time estimates (historically it's 3-4 months between our updates) and I'd love even more for them to get done faster... But again. Just not possible.

I was going to button up a build based on my lastest version of the map which does NOT have the errors that are in the one on Armaholic right now.... but it's not done to the point that we're going to re-release it on Armaholic.

If SA had not been released I would have finished it y'day.

I realize it's frustrating on your end, but at the same time there just isn't anything I can do about it. Things just "come up"... and I know that's hard to understand but it's the truth... If the A2 build on AH was fine, I would have released a newer version already 2-4 weeks after the last one., if I didn't get told to take down the website/logo I would have released 2-4 weeks after that. There have been a lot of other releases, issues, news, and projects that have pulled my attention or time, or prevented me from being able to release what I have... I also suck at almost every aspect of this so it takes me 20x as long to do anything as it would someone with a clue.

I don't think it's fair to say that I've been promising it every week... what I do, do, is say "hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks" every 1-2 weeks... and I get that it's annoying, and it's honestly turned into quite the little internal joke... but it's not actually funny to me, and is ALWAYS totally out of my control, and very frustrating for me as well.

If anyone wants this build before next year they better speak up, otherwise I'll just wait for M1lkm8n to send me the final release-able A2 build and I'll then finish it up when I get back after New Year.

I'm not looking to make anyone mad, or trying to punish, or tease... or looking for praise or attention or begging/pleading....

Time spent on this mod is time spent ignoring my actual life... and for a LOoooooong time it has felt like a REALLY bad decision...

I've got a ton to do to get ready for my trip, and any free time I do have would certainly be more fun spent playing the game I've been waiting a year for.

Not trying to play games, but if no one is running a server and I waste the next 3 days on putting out a build I'm not even really satisfied with I'll be pretty pissed.

Testing signed build now, spent all morning on it instead of seeing C+ in daylight...

Should be UL'ing to Dotjosh within an hour.

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

In no way am I calling you dumb, just thought the quote fit perfect ;)

Back