Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

F1-F12 can be unblocked for sure.

M1lkm8n sent me an updated build, I'm going to test with it for a day or two. He wants to finish up one or two more things, then I will package up the map, and the mod again with the same version so everyone is on the same version of the terrain.

It looks great, has shit tons of buildings at this point.

Next phase will for SURE be the building modelling tutorial, we have gotten an offer of help from a much more experienced 3d modeler to provide the portions covering the actual modelling, then M1lkm8n will provide the guidance for doing all the LOD's and configs, I will be the student, and will provide the bits about packaging it all up for a release and configuring them so they are easily to find in the editor.

Reactions: Jai
F keys should be unblocked, I fixed the drop shadow I F'd up on the disconnect/play buttons, I'm changing the Play DayZ Sahrani to Play Day 7 Sahrani, I got rid of the buildings error it was throwing, turned off the debugging loop that was prob. killing performance, have NOT figured out why the helmet-less RACS zombies are not getting cleaned up.

M1lkm8n is packing up a release build, I should just be able to check over it a bit more and release it, and whatever fixes I can get into the build.

I really want to get the audio track in, but whatever happens happens.

I want to make sure I put out a good server package with everything that's needed. Any advice on that would also be appreciated, I have always just patched a working server.

The loot tables really need some last clean up too, I have to add 1 or 2 buildings and fix 1 or 2 that got changed a bit, and the actual tables need a lot of cleanup. 1-2 weeks I'd say ;-O

I guess that's a decent idea? I'd rather have a couple hosts test it though, I mean I just commented out the code that Seven added with his friendly comment.

I took out wild spawning zombies, it generates all sorts of RPT errors, and calls broken BI functions, so I gave it a go fixing it, and I'm not that smart so... it's been taken out.

Server/play seem much faster/more responsive now.

I have a few little rpt errors left to fix, and one bigish one that may be the end of the clickables. Although I really want to repackage the vilas/icewindo units this time... but not sure I will or not.

Loot table will get tended to this after noon, should hopefully have all the last bugs for that ironed out by the end of the weekend.

Anyone who wants to/can script some REALLY simple stuff for me would be greatly appreciated.

Loottable is sooooo boring, I've cleaned it up a bit, I still need to tune some building placements and what zombies get called where. But other than that It's pretty done for 1.0., the server package is not too clean/final, and I didn't config the buildings for the editor although the units are done really well so cinematics should be a snap.

Not sure if I should go full rename or not.

Buildings are almost all configured to be selectable in the editor. I'm killing 2 birds with one stone sort of and neatening up the loot positions as I go through the buildings.

Hoping for a 1.0.0 release this weekend.

I've been getting some complaints about the loot/loot tables recently so glad you are sorting them out!

Great news !

Not sure about this... and sorry if you already answered this : is it ok now with AH like blur's one ? Or do you need something more ?

I've been getting some complaints about the loot/loot tables recently so glad you are sorting them out!

What complaints specifically, the more input the better I can tune them.

Re: AH, I don't know much about the different antihack software, I have unblocked the F keys, but the Lobby is still gone.

making the buildings placable in the editor has created some conflicts, so we're pulling back that change, and then packing it back up. I should have a fresh build tonight to test for release.

Any input on the loot is welcome, I haven't done a lot to change them from 0.9.7 which was mostly a reduction of the trash loot rate (was 400 percent chance, changed to 200 percent chance). Also 0.9.7 has 100pct lootpile spawn chances at all buildings that will be dialed back a LOT so that the loot is randomized by virtue of having tons of spots to choose from but limited number of allowed loot piles.

I also removed some of the nightscope weapons, they were spawning a lot.

There were a few minor issues in the latest build, being addressed tonight. Should be all set for tomorrow evening/monday latest.

I can't wait more to see that ! Many thanks for all your work and be sure that you will have at least one server here in france ;)

just installed a new sahrani server, still downloading the client files.
cant wait to see how it is!

looks like a very promising map from what i could get from pictures and vid's!
I hope you can actually manage to get the modular basebuilding togheter and i can
see a true competitor for epoch in this.

Monday it is lol...

Got a new build from M1lkm8n, looks great, the few minor issues were fixed, found some very very minor others so we're going to sign/pack/ul it tomorrow, and do all the release threads for the map.

I'm going to shoot for doing the Mod Sign/pack/UL/release at the same time, but I have to change a few little things first so we'll see. If not for sure Tuesday, but I think I'll get it done tomorrow.

I tried installing blur antihack on my new sahrani server and it poped up with "LOL NOPE!" in the header.
After doing a greWin search onthe mod files it originated from the "rscTitles.hpp" file in this class "RscConfigEditor_Main"

infistar/blur antihack uses this dialog to create its menu layout but apparently it's auto blocked/deleted and pops up a
message stating "LOL NOPE!"
Code:
if !(dialog) then {createDialog "RscConfigEditor_Main";};
        disableSerialization;

infistar/blut antihack only allows access based on playerUID wich are located in 3 files (3 admin levels) that are being read in
from the main arma2co directory where the dll files are.

Hope this points in a workable direction on fixing the issue.

Yeah that block should be removed already, it was initially meant to block hacks...

The "hacks" use the same initialization keys as the "admin tools" it's so odd lol... Either way the block has been removed.

not that odd since the antihack got recoded into a hack tool by mallicious people.
anyway and idea what the class "nope" actually does and how it is being used?
this is also in the same rscTitles.hpp file. and by removed you do mean in v1.0.0 right?
cause in 0.9.7 i can still find it.

Back