Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Yep, all the units are all set for backpacks, have to play with it a touch more to make it final, but then it should be good and modular. Between that, and fixing the SUV's/HMMWV's should be a pretty nice update.

6FNEr.jpg

did you call the "pMain()" function? You should not have to manually add anything to the DB. There are over 1300 available vehicle spawns in the SQL tables we distribute.

working on getting it so the Ghillie units also have to show backpacks too... shouldn't be too difficult but might run into issues with being able to load the hi-res textures for those that have the DLCs and not for those that don't.

The other units are pretty much all set, just have to neaten up/finalize how it's all going to be packed. I want to have it not conflict, and not have to configure 2 different packs... and have it jive well in the mod and terrain, and as standalone releases for those that want to use them on other terrains... it gets confusing but I have it all pretty sorted out now.

Then I will write in the normal citizens for player units, and write out the PMC's... I'll likely make the PMC clothing lootable though. it will be funny finding it and it being an upgrade lol.

Have not played more with the loadout editing, but I'm fairly sure it's also straight forward.

All Ghillie's done, and mapped to the new models in the mod.

EVERY character shows a backpack, I'm going to work on getting the civilians as the default survivor today/tomorrow... M1lkm8n is almost done with the next terrain update I think.

uZurwrU.jpg

It was in fact pretty darn easy to change default character to the Civilian units and for them to in turn have a reduced inventory.

jEqbG6n.jpg

It will take a total rebuild of the humanity and spawning systems though... and I'd have to add all those civilian clothes to the magazines and loot tables...

Problem is if you're a bandit or a hero you will spawn with more inventory after you've died... I guess it's sort of a time investment perk which I'm not totally against... but I'd rather change the hero/bandit stuff to heads only IE no clothing effects... not sure though.

That's some really nice progress your making with the clothing :)
Most people seem very surprised how good sahrani day7 is. They are digging it sofar.

Do i remember correctly that basebuilding is on the future plans list?
If so are you plannin on using the player uid or the character id and make the same mistakes epochs making?

tbh the epoch maintenance on bases is pure hell and only because they are using character id over player uid...

There is already base building of sorts in Sahrani (we were the 1st mod to do it :) thanks to PepinKr), the crafting books allow you to build camp structures now...

I don't think/know if I will ever build out the modular system I had in mind.

I never liked the idea of anything being built being auto-removed... but right now we use the exact same system as the DayZ tent system which is likely what Epoch based theirs on...

I have some ideas on how I'd do that differently, but that would require a lot of outside help that I'm not currently getting. I have a guy that might come shining through but I'm not banking on it.

One of the next things I really want to work on is modding some of the existing models to seem "harvested" and to make more of them lootable/animated... if I get that done, then the next logical step would be the modular base building...

If I can successfully edit the models I want to and texture them and all that, then it shouldn't be much at all of a leap to make/texture the models I need for the modular system.

HOWEVER, I'd prefer to make the power stations repairable to restore power, that way some of our fancier buildings won't work unless the power is restored locally... this would allow for high value loot to be hidden inside of powered buildings, and it would lead to a bit more of the story I had planned out if you can manage to restore ALL the power to the whole island.

Actually got it randomizing the 7 Civilian models on respawn, there is an error though, I'm trying to track it down, right now, clicking the male picture on the gender select screen doesn't call the new spawn logic properly, I think I have to make a quick sqf and call that instead of just doing it right there in the .hpp... But when you log out and then back in you are a random freshspawned Sahrani Civilian, no more PMCs.

I'll play with it a bit tomorrow, M1lkm8n still doesn't have an updated build for me yet so I've got some time to play with it...

I defined all the models really quickly, and making the magazines for all the clothing should only take a couple of minutes, adding them to the loot tables shouldn't be that bad...

Right now finding pants only bumps up your inventory by 2 slots, so 6/8/12 instead of 6/6/12 on fresh spawn...

The humanity system is going to have to get blown out for head swaps i/o clothing swaps though. that also shouldn't take long at all... and will fix the clothes hiding your humanity....

Seeing how simple this stuff can be, I might do some nifty things... I'm thinking of locking the head identity so that I can swap it for more worn/aged one's as your player gets older/more beat up.

All the clothing magazines for the civilians are configured now, and they are all defined everywhere, so you can change in/out of civilian shorts and civilian pants cloths. Just need to be added to the loot tables

You will hopefully spawn in Civilian shorts, and be limited to 6 primary/6 secondary magazines 12 tool belt slots storage capacity in your active inventory. From there, you can pick up a backpack for more storage capacity, and I will make the pant type clothing very common in the loot tables, I will also increase the spawns for the more PMC/Military clothing elsewhere... I'm going to make it so that only the top tier of clothing has full capacity of 12/12/12.

Spawn - 6/6/12
Pants - 8/6/12
Sheriff - 8/8/12
Cop/MP - 10/10/12
SWAT/Soldier - 12/12/12

I can't get the toolbelt items to reduce, but I haven't played with it too much. I'm likely just changing the wrong number or something. But if I can work that out I will modify those as well...

HOPEFULLY I will be able to make the Ghillie suit inherit/remember your previous clothing, so that your inventory matches it "under" the ghillie.

I MAY make it so you can strip zombies and have a high chance for infection... not sure.

Getting the randomizing of the models in on the character select screen is being bitchy....

I'm sure it's something very simple to anyone who's coded for Arma for a bit, but it's def not for me. So annoying that it works fine in the player login.sqf, but not in the rsctiles.hpp

Works fine if you logout and back in, but not when you pick your gender for the 1st time after death. You get put into an invisible model and sometimes stuck on debug/spawn island.

Will play with it some more, still no new build from M1lkm8n, but got a couple little surprises on the way from some other members that haven't been as active lately. I'm still not sure on how much/what so we'll see...

13 New backpacks, although they might/likely won't make this coming update... I have to get them anchoring to backs properly, not sure why they aren't.

6Vs3s.jpg

I played with getting more females in game and shooting too. It was just a first step, but my thought worked, so shouldn't be too hard to follow it down the right path.

Clothing is all mixed into the loot tables, but I don't really like how often you see clothing packages.

Random character thing is still not working in the gender select screen. you have to log out and back in for the playerlogin.sqf to handle it properly...

Not sure what else, basically just waiting for an updated version of the map from M1lkm8n.

Nonov, great work.

I would love to see all this work distributed as packs under your assets so other mod owners could use them!

Nonov, great work.

I would love to see all this work distributed as packs under your assets so other mod owners could use them!

Unfortunately the units can not get distributed as a separate addon, they have Vilas source. He has been pretty clear he doesn't want his content used in DayZ mods other than ours. The only reason he let us use them was to avoid a dependency on his units for our terrain.

If I end up doing a larger number of A2 source units, I will release those as a separate addon.

The backpacks won't make this release likely anyway, but when they're done, they are going to get packed with the units, since they are made to match the units and will be required for some.

Another sore point after this release, will be that once the units are packed with our terrain, Vilas might get upset about it being used for Epoch, but I suppose as long as no one calls the units for zombies or skins it should be fine.

Our modeller JST has gone bananas

6XRES.jpg

empty antibiotics model too. Painkiller for scale.

Bananas will be added to random banana trees eventually.

Last edited:
Hurray! Seven is the best, 2 seconds of help from him and the randomizing spawns are working 100 percent!

M1lkm8n said he finished up the build last night but isn't feeling well, so didn't have a chance to UL it for me to check.

The units and assets are all wrapped up.

Once I have and have checked the terrain it's all just packing/signing.

I have a few more little detail things I want to try to do but am not too concerned with, we'll see.

Back