dayZ Street Lights

Axeman, dunno if it will help, I can "unban" the lights and even turn them back on automatically but they actually don't look as good as yours, it's possible I'm not getting all the requite parts, but was thinking about your mapping problem, this at least makes them objects in game so you can iterate through easier perhaps. Below is an example of the code call with vanilla dayz and with the unban stuff I added, also an image of what the lights look like. I can run you through what I did if you'd like.

no-obj-id.jpg

obj-id.jpg

unbanned-lights.jpg

The fnc_returnLampWS.sqf can be packaged into the server files as the communication between that and the main street_lights.sqf is done with public variables, more importantly public server variables and public client variables (to reduce network traffic). This also has the advantage of reducing the download size of your mission file.. (This is how I have tested it)
How would I manage to do this? My file is getting prettty big now.

Would it just be throwing it in say a folder there and then referencing it in the init.sqf, ie:
"dayz_server\fixes\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";

Morox, is that Karal's Debug Monitor ? Have seen that before but not using it, looks like a very handy tool. I am aware of the method of 'unbanning' the street lights in the config file but didn't want to have to create a new mod. From what I understand, clients would need different files ?

Am certainly interested in how you have done this, I quite like the definition of the street light against the nearby houses, though it looks like there is glare when looking at the lights, the light colours can be edited..

Drop me a PM.

How would I manage to do this? My file is getting prettty big now.

Would it just be throwing it in say a folder there and then referencing it in the init.sqf, ie:
"dayz_server\fixes\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
Essentially repack your dayz_server.pbo with the fnc_returnLampWS.sqf file in it, then reference that file, from the public variable declaration, in the init.sqf..

wooooohooo weekends over Tavi lights here we come! Thanks axeman!
After a bit of research, and learning a lot about BIS EULA agreements, interesting stuff, which version of Tavi is mainly being run and a bit about origins, I have a Taviana v2.0 server up and running, ready to run the mapping script against tonight..

I am assuming that other version of Taviana will use the same basic map, i.e. streetlights will not have moved. So there is no reason why this won't work on other versions of Tavi, Origins included.. (To be confirmed).

let me know when this is done i just got full moon nights working on my tavi server and would love to have this with the fog working on there. how do i install it. is it just some files that i need to add to my mission pbo ? and a script to add to the init file ?

After a bit of research, and learning a lot about BIS EULA agreements, interesting stuff, which version of Tavi is mainly being run and a bit about origins, I have a Taviana v2.0 server up and running, ready to run the mapping script against tonight..

I am assuming that other version of Taviana will use the same basic map, i.e. streetlights will not have moved. So there is no reason why this won't work on other versions of Tavi, Origins included.. (To be confirmed).

I am very excited for this. Not to pester you by any means but do you have any idea of when we will be able to add this to our taviana server? thank you for all the work you've done!

Mapping script has been running for about an hour and is chipping along, this is going to be a real test of the street light script as there are lots of lights in Taviana, can see that from just from driving about and watching the results from the script.

Thanks for the suggestion Morox, I suspect unbanning and enabling the lights is going to take longer than letting the script run, though I think the runtime would be quicker your way, only have to do it once though :) Will definitely be giving that debug console a go.

Have the script running on my lappy which should be quicker than my test server as it is not doing anything else. Just waiting for it to finish now, tick tock..

Will be up tonight, there are a LOT of lights in some of the cells, 800 odd. Have tested it on my home test server and tweaked the main code but it is going to require testing for a bit. Any problems and I can look at increasing the number of cells..

Can't wait! I will be adding this to the server tonight, I will let you know how it works.

Thanks axeman this is going to be amazing!

Axeman, how tedious of a task would it be for you to get house/street lights working for Utes? I understand it's not a popular map and there won't be much a demand for this. However, I would be very thankful if you had the time to make this happen.

Back