dayZ Street Lights

How long did the second player wait until deciding that the light weren't coming on ? On the larger cells it can take a bit of time to light them all up, especially when flying in as the player is lighting cells up more quickly..

only a minute or 2, but this is because i told him to. i have run around for 5mins or so but still no lights. funny thing is if i return to a place i took off from in a heli where the lights where working, they are still on!

so how do i get all of the lights to come on i have set safer mode to false but i dont really want it to announce where players are by the light i would like them all to just be on if possable?

so how do i get all of the lights to come on i have set safer mode to false but i dont really want it to announce where players are by the light i would like them all to just be on if possable?

You could create all of the lights at server startup but server created lightpoints aren't visible by clients, and you'd also have thousands of vehicles starting up pointlessly lagging the server when nobody is looking at them.

Have come to learn that is why the zombies and loot spawn the way they do, is all about pushing the resources clientside and making it look seemless without slowing the server down (more).

Besides, every player should activate the lights, from a players point of view, they will be on if you walk into the 'cell', testing by flying around the map in an Apache doesn't reflect the average players experience..! I am going to look at the problems reported with lights only coming on after logging, I suspect that it is just a time issue, especially on Taviana, as there are so many lights to light..

Also, safer mode set to false seems to create a radius around the player of lit lights, I suspect there is an overall limit of lightpoints that can be 'seen' at any one time.. Best stick to the default settings and use the options to debug problems or trying to step it up.. I would recommend making use of _nrDist if you want to switch all lights on and find a balance that works for you..

Hey Axeman I ran your light script on our server for 3-4 nights and other then being a server killer *community hates night* is was absolutely amazing. It seems that lights sometimes do not light up for me/friends. For two of us they would not work in some towns, and for the other two it would work fine. Sometimes we stayed in towns for 15-20 minutes and they never lit up. If you need any more info on this please ask away!

Anyway great job Axe I wish we had more people like you in this community :p

**edit** sorry this is for Taviana

There do appear to be issues, highlighted on Tavi, I think due to the amount of lights. I noticed it during testing where a radius of lights being on are around the player. I think the answer is to remap taviana with more cells, or to split up the highly populated ones into 4 sub cells. I suspect there is an inbuilt limit on the amount of vehicles / lightpoints with Arma. Am checking out the server above just waiting for night time.

Hi Axeman,

Your scripts are awesome!

I have already added your house lights script. I was wondering if I could also add the street light script to compliment it? Are there any issues with running both the house lights and the streetlights at the same time?

Nick

Hi Axeman,

Your scripts are awesome!

I have already added your house lights script. I was wondering if I could also add the street light script to compliment it? Are there any issues with running both the house lights and the streetlights at the same time?

Nick
They work fine together. The streetlights will work off the house lights in some respects also..

Fantastic work axeman. Any word on that generator idea you mentioned? My guys love the lights but want something more realistic such as having to fix/fuel a generator to get the lights on.

I suppose it would be harder/more involved just than adding a generator, giving it an addaction to activate the street_lights.sqf?

If that works, my idea was to set the generator at a power station somewhere in the midst of the map and then have some AI guard it. Give it a nice little "story" feel to it.

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has got axeman's street lights and house lights to work with Sarge AI mod? For the life of me I cannot seem to get all 3 working at the same time.I figure it has to be the order that I have things in the init.sqf .I have tried to switch a few things around but having no luck.I am not usually one to ask for a little guidance but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be really grateful.I have limited knowledge when it comes to scripting but have managed to install a few into my server which is hosted by dayZ.st. I already have lift & tow,Sarge's AI,Animated heli crashes,Auto refuel some of these took me a few attempt's to get right, but getting the street & house lights to work all at the same time is driving me insane.
thnx STENCH

STENCH, let me have a look at your init.sqf.. I can't think of any reason why they won't work together..

Update: I got the Animated Helicrashes to work but still no NPC's. Hope you can have a look at the init.sqf

/*
INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1931;//The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
waitUntil {player == player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
_serverMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
// Street Lights
axe_server_lampObjs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
"axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "Scripts\kh_actions.sqf";
//StreetLights
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
// House Lights
[] execVM "fixes\change_streetlights.sqf";

//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = "heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
_list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
{deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
};
};
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

//R3F Towing
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

P.S hope this is ok for you to view as it wouldnt let upload a file to the page
Thanks for your time and effort!
STENCH

Update: I got the Animated Helicrashes to work but still no NPC's. Hope you can have a look at the init.sqf

/*
INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1931;//The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
waitUntil {player == player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
_serverMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
// Street Lights
axe_server_lampObjs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
"axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "Scripts\kh_actions.sqf";
//StreetLights
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
// House Lights
[] execVM "fixes\change_streetlights.sqf";

//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = "heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
_list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
{deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
};
};
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

//R3F Towing
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

P.S hope this is ok for you to view as it wouldnt let upload a file to the page
Thanks for your time and effort!
STENCH

looks ok for my SARGE AI part. i cant think of anything either why streetlights and my AI shouldnt work together.

Me neither.. STENCH, can you PM us your .rpt file from the server starting up to after someone has joined..

Solved!
Just looked through the .rpt file and saw a few "objects not found" errors. So I knew something was "blocking " Sarge's lethal AI from working,therefore sifting through the code yet again and cross referenced a few other posts on this forum about related subjects and found a "};" that did not belong where it was at the start of this line:

I would like to thank Axeman,Sarge for their time and efforts,but it was a post from Freaking Fred that helped me the most.
STENCH.

AWESOME job Axeman, you are turning into a legend here! It really adds a lovely effect!

Is there any way to add more lights (i.e. to my custom base)? I found a list of light objects and added them to my building table, then inserted them into instance_building but they didn't show up (neither the object nor the light):

Code:
Land_lampa_ind

Land_lampa_ind_zebr

Land_lampa_sidl

Land_lampa_sidl_2

Land_lampa_sidl_2

Cheers!

Back