dayZ Street Lights

AWESOME job Axeman, you are turning into a legend here! It really adds a lovely effect!

Is there any way to add more lights (i.e. to my custom base)? I found a list of light objects and added them to my building table, then inserted them into instance_building but they didn't show up (neither the object nor the light):

Code:
Land_lampa_ind

Land_lampa_ind_zebr

Land_lampa_sidl

Land_lampa_sidl_2

Land_lampa_sidl_2

Cheers!
Those objects are streetlamps and are banned, you will see in the .rpt file that the server can't create them. The streetlights script lights up the existing ones on the map (for the maps done so far).

Will be doing more maps, has been a very busy week, real life has taken over..

Drats, I was wondering if that was the case. So at present time there is no way to add more lights apart from adding buildings that light up then. Thanks for your quick reply!

I have added runway lights as custom buildings. These could be added to the House Lights script, the lighting looks ok on the water pumps so should be ok on these too, haven't fully tested it out..

I've added everything into my pbo however when I get in the game the street lamps don't light up, is this due to my removal of the added in items by rocket in the map or am I just derping, my rpt shows no errors and I just can't see what's wrong

sry for this question but : how can i add a bit more streetlamps glowing up on cherno ?

cheers fox

Guys hate to be a noob but I am .. Where do i create the lights directory? within the pbo are in the MPmissions directory are somewhere entirely different.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

After thinking about it I figured it out. Thanks guys

Hey guys is the cherno fnc_returnLampWS.sqf download not working at the moment or is my pc just being an b***h?

i dont know what i did wrong i did everything the only thing i didnt really understand was the very first part...where do i add the lines in the inti.sqf file? is it supposed to be added in a certain spot or the bottom or top?

i dont know what i did wrong i did everything the only thing i didnt really understand was the very first part...where do i add the lines in the inti.sqf file? is it supposed to be added in a certain spot or the bottom or top?
Show me your init.sqf

/*
INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1938; //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
stream_locationCheck = {
//Thank you for the garbage rocket!
};

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
waitUntil {player == player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {[] execVM "Scripts\kh_actions.sqf";
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "fixes\change_streetlights.sqf";
};

/*
INITILIZATION
*/...

Try this, you already have house lights, is a bit confusing as the original house light script was called 'change street lights', as that was my original intention when I started scripting the lights. Then realised that house lights would be doable and street lights was going to be much more work, I didn't want to rename it after people had installed it..

Code:
/*
INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1938; //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
stream_locationCheck = {
//Thank you for the garbage rocket!
};

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
waitUntil {player == player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";