dayZ Street Lights

Here is a screenshot, that I took on my server, of axeman's amazing lighting addons. It really adds a great atmosphere to the game and makes night much more playable. I highly recommend this to any server owners.

206zu4h.jpg

Thanks again!

Really nice shot, Fred! Gotta give it another go, couldn't get my lights to turn on.

I've got it all prepped, waiting delivery of values... excited to play with it later tonight.
Good news is it works, in principle, on Celle. Bad news is the scan missed out the lamposts with the long arm so am running it again. Better news is am adding in the ones at the top of a telegraph pole.. should be ready tomorrow..

I would love to see this on Tavi, the highway would look very cool as would Sabina. Also would love to have house lighting on my server that players can see without NVGs :D

Hi, Fred, can you tell me how you got the streetlights and houselights on please because I have to edit the init.sqf and they will clash? im a noob so an chance you could show me how it looks in the init.sqf plz mate

thx

robbie

This is where I have edited my init.sqf for the streetlights. I hope this helps you get sorted out.

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    _serverMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";

// Heli Transport   
    [] ExecVM "units\init.sqf";

// Street Lights
    axe_server_lampObjs =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lights\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
    "axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {

// Auto refuel
    [] execVM "Scripts\kh_actions.sqf";

// Street Lights
    [] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";

// House Lights
    [] execVM "fixes\change_streetlights.sqf";   

// Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

// Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "player_monitor.sqf";  // Hero Skin Fix
    "heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
    };
};

Should this work for DayZ 2017? It's based in Chernarus but don't know if anything extra needs to be done beyond the listed steps here.

Should this work for DayZ 2017? It's based in Chernarus but don't know if anything extra needs to be done beyond the listed steps here.
Give it a go, there is nothing dayZ specific in the code, is all based on Arma 2 so there is no real reason why it won't work. So long as houses are still houses, even then you can use the second version (Linked from original post) to specify your own class names..

Edit: That's a reply for House Lights :) Street Lights, they just create a lightpoint in the right place for the Chernarus map so should be fine..

Give it a go, there is nothing dayZ specific in the code, is all based on Arma 2 so there is no real reason why it won't work. So long as houses are still houses, even then you can use the second version (Linked from original post) to specify your own class names..

Edit: That's a reply for House Lights :) Street Lights, they just create a lightpoint in the right place for the Chernarus map so should be fine..

Got it working! Thanks for the great script :)

streetlights1.png

Got it working! Thanks for the great script :)

streetlights1.png

Did you manage to find a way to have the snow script be time based? It was the only thing holding me back from leaving it on... I tend to turn it on/off regularly when doing changes to my mission file, but i dont know how to make it time based.

Did you manage to find a way to have the snow script be time based? It was the only thing holding me back from leaving it on... I tend to turn it on/off regularly when doing changes to my mission file, but i dont know how to make it time based.

Not yet..

Lol, was still running when I last looked about 7pm yesterday, should be done by now, will post today, have to change main code too..
Time we clubbed together and get Axeman something better than the 286 he seems to be using:)

Just realised 60% of the guys here won't even have a clue what a 286 was lol:)

dayZ Celle Street Lights

First edit street_lights.sqf and change
Code:
_mapSW = [484,1546,0];
_mapNE = [14323,13556,0];
to
Code:
_mapSW = [0,0,0];
_mapNE = [12288,12288,0];
Then download and use the Celle version of fnc_returnLampWS.sqf HERE. That's It ! Street Lights for Celle.

I intend to update the code so that all of the customisations, for different maps, are contained in the one file so saving having to edit the first file. I thought you might want to try it first :)

It took a bit longer, possibly because there are more items in Celle, which surprised me. This map also has a LOT more in the mission.sqm. Stats: 957 Lights out of 4,979,113 map items.

This has more lights included, than the Chernarus version, i.e. lamp_small_ep1 and powlines_concl. I haven't tested this at all yet, I am away from home, let me know if any problems..

Time we clubbed together and get Axeman something better than the 286 he seems to be using:)

Just realised 60% of the guys here won't even have a clue what a 286 was lol:)

I remember typing up WordPerfect assignments on my green screen 8086 :eek:

Back