DayZ Taviana for DayZ 1.7.7(Tact's Build)

Will you download if its released?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Folks,

If it really comes down to my post being removed, I don't have an issue posting else where and I'm making progress with this mod and I haven't stopped with it. Everyday I'm constantly finding more things to add and fix. I just got 100% confirmed permission from Konyo, hes a really chill guy and he takes everything for granted like some of the bugs I've noticed with his model and I've sent him what I've done to fix it. So far only thing that he has asked is for Credits in return which is what is expected from most good authors, some of the bad ones will ask for money to get permissions those are the ones you want to avoid. As for the server owners backing me up 100% on my project, I am grateful for your support but I am doing what feels right, the last thing I need to happen is getting sued or bring a hail storm of problems towards my way. I will promise you server owners that I'll make a release somewhere. I'm sure it won't come down to my post being deleted since I am asking for permission from the creators/authors. The only two I'm having a hard time contacting is Martin Bauer and the DayZ Team since I can't private message any of them on their forums.

The project release date will be post-poned until all the permissions are confirmed and if it takes to long I'll revert all the mods that I have altered back to its original state and start over from the ground up. It'll suck to start over yes but I know what I've done and I am sure I can make a bypass pbo to over-ride the original files with the modified version.

Wow call me the dick when all you do is troll Taviana threads when you have NOTHING to do with it?

Go back to Sahrani, and leave us alone.

Tactical, keep pushing forward, you have a lot of server owners behind you.

I've been replying in the threads for Taviana hoping to push the Taviana team to reply to you guys because I know you are desperate... So it's pretty funny that you tell me to "go back to Sahrani, and leave us alone"... NO FUCKING PROBLEM the only reason I drop by here is in hope you guys have finally gotten your answers... and to try to help steer any new modders away from being complete asswipes like everyone in the Arma community expects you to be.

You guys have NO IDEA what a pain in the ass this kind of impatient, impetuous, thievery makes it for a legit team. (that is assuming that the OP has gone about things in the wrong way, I'm not saying that is or isn't the case)

Your rampant entitled appetite for new content or updates is going to kill off all the authors who actually DO make this stuff... and your attitudes are going to stop them from passing on the knowledge required to carry on the torch.

You guys endlessly bitch about why isn't Taviana being handed to you, then when someone tries to explain there are REASONS for it you tell them to STFU.

I've personally seen TOP LEVEL modders from the Arma Community just disappear and request all their assets be pulled from Armaholic because of all the BS going on in the DayZ modding groups. Or say forget ANY port forwarding their assets to A3 because of how rampant the thievery has become... that's why most don't reply, they've outright left.

They left, and more continue to say "Fuck It, I'm out" because of this, and because when thoughtful people who have taken the time to learn the rules, and abide by them get treated like SHIT when they try to spread the word, in a not even remotely aggressive manor.
BI Forums and Arma Modding is a 10 year modding community built on mutual respect and sharing of knowledge. It's like an Ivy League Library, and it deserves to be treated with respect for the rules, and it's members and contributors shouldn't have to chase down all the dumb kids who pop in to steal shit.

People who encourage new modders to steal whatever they can to make something fun and flashy to play with are making DayZ modding look like a room full of dumb monkeys throwing other people's shit at each other.
Top notch guys. Seriously classy.

I will be more than happy to permanently exit the room.

Hey Folks,

If it really comes down to my post being removed, I don't have an issue posting else where and I'm making progress with this mod and I haven't stopped with it. Everyday I'm constantly finding more things to add and fix. I just got 100% confirmed permission from Konyo, hes a really chill guy and he takes everything for granted like some of the bugs I've noticed with his model and I've sent him what I've done to fix it. So far only thing that he has asked is for Credits in return which is what is expected from most good authors, some of the bad ones will ask for money to get permissions those are the ones you want to avoid. As for the server owners backing me up 100% on my project, I am grateful for your support but I am doing what feels right, the last thing I need to happen is getting sued or bring a hail storm of problems towards my way. I will promise you server owners that I'll make a release somewhere. I'm sure it won't come down to my post being deleted since I am asking for permission from the creators/authors. The only two I'm having a hard time contacting is Martin Bauer and the DayZ Team since I can't private message any of them on their forums.

The project release date will be post-poned until all the permissions are confirmed and if it takes to long I'll revert all the mods that I have altered back to its original state and start over from the ground up. It'll suck to start over yes but I know what I've done and I am sure I can make a bypass pbo to over-ride the original files with the modified version.

Before I go I will Say this... You WILL NOT get a reply from either of the two people you have stated.

Martin will not ever reply to you but you can trust Ian Banks on what version of the map is allowed to be used.

As for the DayZ Code, there are only certain portions of the DayZ Package you are allowed to modify, the rest you must act on with external PBO's. I can get you a list of exactly what can and can not be modified. But others reading might be able to spout that off.

Essentially if those are the only 2 you're waiting on then you won't ever get a reply. You can contact R4Z0R49 on the official dayz forums for the closest thing you will get to an official OK for use of the mod code, and he can also outline exactly what can and can't be modified.

Good Luck.

Before I go I will Say this... You WILL NOT get a reply from either of the two people you have stated.

Martin will not ever reply to you but you can trust Ian Banks on what version of the map is allowed to be used.

As for the DayZ Code, there are only certain portions of the DayZ Package you are allowed to modify, the rest you must act on with external PBO's. I can get you a list of exactly what can and can not be modified. But others reading might be able to spout that off.

Essentially if those are the only 2 you're waiting on then you won't ever get a reply. You can contact R4Z0R49 on the official dayz forums for the closest thing you will get to an official OK for use of the mod code, and he can also outline exactly what can and can't be modified.

Good Luck.

Thanks, I appreciate it. As far as modding goes for DayZ Files. I left most of the original files intact. Only thing I probably would of done that was alot was merging 1.7.7 config files that was in dayz_code.pbo of the 1.7.7 version which had the crafting, new items, and I also added a few additions myself like two additional storage options which uses the same method as building a tent. I did email Razor, waiting to hear back from him. Only concerns that I have for Taviana 1.0 I did use the 1.0 version but I did extract the PBO and I fixed the Intro mission file which was broken. I don't have an issue reverting back to the original untouched 1.0 I can just put the Intro Mission in the dayz files and load it that way. I know I've could of been a complete "Don't give a Sh*t sort of guy and just released the final anyway" but I'm going to go through the correct process. We'll see how this all turns out for me, and I'll look into what I am actually allowed to modify in the dayz files I haven't checked for that yet, but hopefully I haven't violated anything.

Mainly, been keeping most of tests privately to myself and my friends to test for bugs. I did however released Beta before all this Permission request came abroad for a little while but its full of bugs and there was no server files that came with it. If Martin never replies, he probably wouldn't have an issue with me having a version with a fixed Intro Mission, he probably would have done the same, as long he is credited 100% to Taviana and I don't claim his Taviana as mine which will never happen. I'm still awaiting reply from Razor see if I get the A-Okay.

How we looking?

Hey cen,

How we are looking? I'm done with the Final its just a matter of getting the downloaded version to work and not kick anybody for invalid signature I had that issue for like a day now and I think I have it figured out now. I'm doing test at the moment and see if I have fixed it. If I can't figure out how to fix this occuring problem of mine, I might be stuck in the water. The part where I'm stuck at is after I signed all the files and copy the signed files over to the server. I join the server and I won't have any problems joining. The part that is really grinding gears right now is when I put the files in a .zip and the downloader extracts it and gets it setup. They join the server and they immediately get kicked for Invalid Signature and I can't seem to wrap my head around it. If anybody knows anything about that I could really use the help. I'm eagered to get these files released and I don't want something this minor issue making me put a halt on this project. I'm pretty embarrased about it, and having to come to you guys asking for help.

As for the project its finished, and I've tested it in server and it is working and haven't had any issues with anything. Hopefully somebody knows something about this problem I am experiencing. I know somebody mentioned something about the P Drive and I have one of those installed and the other Required option that was required with Bi Tools 2.5.1.

Sounds awesome, can't wait!

Yea,

If I can find a way to send you the folder instead of the .zip, I'm going to try making a torrent file and also see if I can setup FTP Access for anoymous but lock them out in that one directory. I'm trying everything that I know possible to get this to work.

How about using github?

That way you can continue to update files and other devs can send you pull requests.

Yea, that is an idea Cen :). I may just do that. Regards in this invalid signature issue that I am having think I was doing something wrong the entire time but I won't know until I test it out myself. I'm really hoping that is the issue. Yea, once everything is good I'll put it up on GitHub and watch out for bugs that people post and do my best to get those bugs taken care of. It will definetely help me out and help you guys out with having a nice stable copy of the release. The permissions did take a while to come through and I can see why nobody would ask the author, half the time they don't reply or just take to long to reply. I'll put a download link on the first topic after I confirmed that its going to work. I apologize for the delay about the download link but I'm trying everything that I can to get them online. My upload speed isn't the greatest, only max out around 230 Kbps and each upload I have to upload about 800 MB.

No worries, we appreciate every thing you are doing for us!

Hey Cen,

I have updated the main topic you may have noticed by now. I have the download link on there now and I also updated the installation guide for Clients. I found an easier way to explain things and get it going :). Not to sure how the server owners are holding up setting the server up. If you ever run into problems setting up a server you can leave a reply on here and I'll see if I can be of any assistance to you. I'm also still trying to setup a Github page, I'm new to the whole Github thing so takes me a day to figure things out on it. Hopefully I get this going. I also was wanting to add more to this mod but at the same time I didn't want to add to much to it, I still like the original DayZ way with everything being at minimal. I did add in a few extra mods to the mission pbo which you can enable by init.sqf by removing the // in front of them. Also for the admin tools you'll have to modify those admin tools files to get admin going on it. It also has a debug monitor and if your experienced enough you could get the normal debug menu going for them.

I am here though if anybody needs help getting in their servers or having server problems.

Reactions: cen
I meant, how can we get the client files up on dayz commander :D

They aren't on DayZ Commander officially yet. I made a topic on DayZCommander.com on their forums. Not to sure how I can get them to host it on their program its all new to me. Hopefully with those instructions I have on the first topic will help you get it going on DayZ Commander. You'll have to extract the archive into your Game Folder and than you can change in the settings of DayZ Commander where it says DayZ Directory, click the over ride box and put @DayZTavi instead of @DayZ and then after you have set that you would have to click Launch DayZ Now button on that same Settings Tab. You can't click join a server, because it'll load the default DayZ files. Hopefully though my project goes on DayZ Commander it'll make things easier to get going. When you know you have the mod going correctly in game is when you see the Main Menu of the game and still see ArmA 2: DayZ Mod in the Expansion menu.

Thanks a bunch Tac! Quite astonishing work! I yet have to give it a go but seeing that I have my finals tomorrow I'll take it for a spin. Always wondered though what it would take to host the game on a linux box. Could you provide some info on that maybe?

Back