DZAI Visual Installation Guide

Buttface

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
This visual guide demonstrates how I install DZAI into DayZ Epochusing PBO Manager. The basic steps are nearly identical to every other DayZ mod out there so this guide is applicable to more than just Epoch.

This guide has been updated on 7/13/2014, installing DZAI 2.1.0 into DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 (Caribou map).

What you need:
* The SQF syntax highlighting addon for Notepad++ is extremely useful for editing SQF files because it color-codes everything for you, for example global/local variables and functions, and different data types.

Part 1: Installing DZAI to dayz_server.pbo (click images for larger version):

1. Right-click your dayz_server.pbo and click "Open".

2. You will encounter the PBO Manager GUI. First, you will need to extract your server_monitor.sqf for editing. Right-click server_monitor.sqf and select "Extract to dayz_server\".

3. Open the extracted dayz_server folder and find your extracted server_monitor.sqf.

4. Open server_monitor.sqf with Notepad++.

5. Find the line containing "allowConnection = true;"

6. Add the required "call compile..." line like so:

servermonitoredit210.png

This is the line you need to insert:

Code:
[] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\init\dzai_initserver.sqf";

7. Save and copy this edited server_monitor.sqf. Return to the PBO Manager GUI, right-click the "system" folder and click "Paste".

8. Copy the "DZAI" folder located in the DZAI installation package into dayz_server.pbo by right-clicking "dayz_server.pbo" in the PBO Manager GUI and clicking "Paste".

9. Start your server. When the first player logs onto the server, look in your arma2oaserver.RPT file for confirmation that DZAI has been successfully installed. You should see something like this:

Part 2: Installing DZAI Client-side addon (Optional)

1. Copy the DZAI_Client folder from the DZAI installation package
clientp1.png

2. Extract your server's mission pbo file in the MPMissions folder if it exists as a .pbo file.

clientp1_1.png

3. Open the extracted folder. In the above screenshot, you can see the folder already present.

4. Paste the DZAI_Client folder inside the extracted mission pbo folder.

clientp2.png

5. Edit your init.sqf. Insert the following line inside any if (!isDedicated) then { block like so:

clientp3_corrected.png

This is the line you need to insert:

Code:
_nul = [] execVM "DZAI_Client\dzai_initclient.sqf";

6. Do not close init.sqf yet - you are not finished editing it yet. Insert the following strings into the square brackets [] depending on what feature you want enabled:

• "clientradio" - Enable client-side radio messages. DZAI_clientRadio and DZAI_radioMsgs needs to be enabled in your dzai_config.sqf.
  • "zombieenemy" - Enable AI-to-zombie hostility. DZAI_zombieEnemy needs to be enabled in your dzai_config.sqf.
For example, if you wanted to enable client-sided radio and zombie hostility, then you would modify the execVM line to this:

clientp4_corrected.png

Here is the line if you want to copy-paste it for yourself:

Code:
_nul = ["clientradio","zombieenemy"] execVM "DZAI_Client\dzai_initclient.sqf";

7. Repack your mission pbo. For your mission pbo, it should be safe to repack it using the right-click context menu. Here, I select "PBO Manager > Pack into "DayZ_Epoch_21.Caribou.pbo":

clientp5.png

8. Double-check to see if you made the necessary steps to dzai_config.sqf in Step 6.

9. You are done. Start your server.

It wasn't too much of a hassle, really. I was planning on switching my test server from Overwatch to Epoch since O.W. is basically dead, so I decided to take the opportunity to screenshot my installation process. Kill two birds with one stone.

Well, something's causing me some issues. Please understand that I'm quite a noob at this and so I may have done something really stupid.

I had installed DZAI, the EMS Missions and a few other tweaks like Auto Refuel, Safe Trader Zones and the like to my ST Epoch server. Everything worked fine ... until ST provided 1.0.4.1 support and we went to that version. I tried installing the old Server and Mission files and it seemed like they were working, but then we started getting kicked by the server with the infamous, No Connection for X seconds messages.

I started over again with the default Server PBO and tried to install DZAI version 1.9.7 which I THINK is the latest and greatest. I've changed none of the variables in the mod but it will continually kick us after 15 minutes. My RPT file shows no obvious errors other than "Item X listed twice", "Cannot delete Class X" and "Obsolete Class X".

The other possibility is that I wasn't following the section of your instructions above where you recommended copying and pasting the server_monitor.sqf file. I edited the file in Notepad++ and just saved it and that seemed to put the changes into effect but perhaps there's something about the copy and paste that I don't understand. Again, I'm just dipping my toes in the water on this.

I'll be more than happy to provide any additional details that might help you determine WHICH stupid thing I did :)

If you didn't copy the edited server_monitor.sqf back into your server pbo then DZAI will never be loaded. If you follow my instructions exactly it will work because I took those screenshots as I was actually installing DZAI into my new Epoch installation, which worked perfectly on my first attempt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well that's the thing, the DZAI is definitely loaded because there are AI shooting at us :) What I didn't do was to do the copy and paste step. I just edited the file appropriately and saved it to the server pbo. It saved it back into the folder and appeared to work, but again it kicks us consistently after 15 minutes of play and I can't see any errors in the RPT. Is there something I can provide that might explain what I did wrong? I love DZAI, it worked great in the 1.0.3.1 version on my ST server but when we went with 1.o.4.1 it was causing problems.

I can't think of any recent changes to DZAI that could possibly cause players to be kicked. I've definitely played for many hours on Epoch Sauerland continuously without being kicked. DZAI has almost no interactions with clients so it's very unusual for it to be responsible for any kickings.

Well, as I said I'm new at this so I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. And DZAI worked like a champ in 1.0.3.1 Epoch Chernarus so I'm at a loss why 1.0.4.1 would cause this. I'm double checking 1.0.4.1 vanilla right now to be sure IT'S not to blame. I really appreciate the tremendous support and mod you're providing.

As it happens the problem isn't with DZAI ... big surprise right ... but rather with Epoch 1.0.4.1 through ST. For whatever reason a clean install still kicks me after various times. I've never had that problem before but since 1.0.4.1 came out it's been a nightmare. Thanks for you help.

1.How to set the different factions AI friendliness(Due to humanity)?
2.How to make AI death drop epoch gold bars?

Hey buttface ( no offence )
So I tried to do all of your instructions however I can't seem to get DZAI working properly I look in my armaoaserver.rpt and get this error " warning message: script DZAI/dzai_initserver.sqf not found"
I'm running a epoch server (1.0.3.1) and now been spending weeks on trying to do this
PLEASE HELP S.O.S

Server pack I'm using is off the official website ( with xammp and navicat lite)
Hey buttface ( no offence )
So I tried to do all of your instructions however I can't seem to get DZAI working properly I look in my armaoaserver.rpt and get this error " warning message: script DZAI/dzai_initserver.sqf not found"
I'm running a epoch server (1.0.3.1) and now been spending weeks on trying to do this
PLEASE HELP S.O.S
ve

I have an Taviana map 2.0 I have the DZAI installed. Only using AI air patrol and UAZs. Can I set way points for the helis, e.g. have them just fly around the big island? They keep hitting the big bridge.

Back