[Epoch] Donation Manager (php) help thread

Alright, well I did that got everything set up now I'm getting this error
error2.png
[/QUOTE]

It's been awhile since I have toyed around with them - but the user / pass and connection info should be on the side of your control panel, but if you connected with the chive then you should have everything you need.

Note that i believe dayz.st is case sensitive - so make sure you have everything in your config exactly as the tables are displayed - IE: Character <-- capital C may make a huge difference

is everything but the stats working?

Last edited:
make sure to check your table names for capital letters

Yeah it just don't wanna work tryed as much as I could.

H
Just quick update it doesn't connect to the database no way I'm doing something wrong I can send you a probably send you a priv message & along with a picture to show you
How mine is.

Last edited:
First of all thanks for this. Very awesome tool you have here. Im not very experienced in php but I can get by with most of it, my question is if i have this:
<option value='1'>Assault Package</option>
<option value='2'>Recon Package</option>
<option value='3'>Stealth Package</option>

and i make this
<option value='0'>Select Package...</option>
<option value='1'>Assault Package</option>
<option value='2'>Recon Package</option>
<option value='3'>Stealth Package</option>

will the script return the proper values when players select from the drop down menu? I assumed it gave a definte answer of 1 2 or 3 and 0 would be returned as false. Is that correct or should i modify something else too?

I could have sworn i had another question too but i guess it wasnt important :p Im sure ill remember soon.

*EDIT*
Ah yes, I tried this and it all runs but it appears that the hivemind is not changing values or maybe I am looking in the wrong place. If it does not actually alter the database values for say, the gear purchases, will the scripts still return a true and appear as though it was successful?

most likely yes the pages will proceed forward even though you have an incorrect value

there isn't a "catch" for anything other than the values of 1 2 3 , you would have to add one on the next page to stop it from going forward with a value of 0. I'm not sure what section your looking at changing so i cant say what i called the variable but an example would be

if ( $value == 0) {
echo "you have to actually pick something!";
exit;
}
else {
//value is good, move on
}

ok cool that sounds like what i was going for. Basically i just wanted a null option to default on the drop down like Select Package... instead of package 1 being the default selected on the drop down. And thanks again for this tool man, this is freaking amazing ! ;)

yeah, that's what I figured, as i said, you just have to add your own "catch" so that stupid people don't waste a token :*)

Due to concerns from the Epoch Developers about real world money and in game item purchasing , a forked version was created -

Player Reward System:

I completely re-hauled the way tokens are given to players. Players can use their in game Zombie kills, Bandit Kills and Player Kills to gain tokens in this system. You will only be able to bank tokens that are in your current ALIVE character, meaning once your character is dead - you will not be able to bank the zombie kills.

Tokens can be used on player rewards such as a backpack with building loot, a base item (like a well with water, a guard tower ), a vehicle (not keyed), a vault code change and more.

How it works:

After playing the game, I rack up 34 zombie kills, 14 bandit kills and 1 human kill.

Depending on the server operator, he may chose to use that 1 human kills against me when calculating the banking.

For the sake of this example, lets say the rewards are as follows:

(Server operators can set values )

.03 for zombie kills

.04 for bandits

.05 for humans

34 x .03 = 1.02

14 x .04 = .56

1 x .5 = .05

----------------------

Total Banked Tokens 1.53

My Zombie kills would be re-set to zero, along with my bandit kills. Human kills would remain as 1 to be used against me again next bank.

-------------------------------- DOWNLOAD HERE -----------------------------------

Banking is done manually - introducing a Risk / Reward system - meaning if I kill 150 zombies, but die before I can get into the system and "bank them" - I lose my zombie kills and will not be able to bank them.

You can ask for donations - but the red line is flat out selling items - I was dancing in a grey area of (in a round about way) selling tokens - that could be used to get in game items.. so they decided they were not comfortable having that posted directly on their forums - the Original version remains posted here - and downloadable - but this "forked" version is also available in case you wanted to use the banking system. Using the banking system doesn't stop you from selling tokens, as the admin interface is still intact, but as per the developers request, I can't advertise that.

tokenmath.png

Update applied to the token system math

Humanity is now used as currency for the bank, you will lose it to do business with the bank.

Headshots are now bonus currency.

(you will notice my headshots don't match my kills, was just for testing)

buddy.png

A few fixes for the kill/token system were applied - issue with not removing kills from the player was resolved.

The Buddy system was added in -

You set a 6 digit pin number , give this pin number to your friends, and they can now use a token to move their character to your character's location. Remember to eat or drink before your buddy uses the buddy system to move to you, this will allow the world location to be updated to your precise location and not a location from a few minutes earlier.

i have done all in the pdf and when we reg all goes to the database but when it comes to the welcome.php get a white screen like its not loading right can sum 1 help here or point in right place .. thanks very much loki

ok, the issue is we still have some transitional MYSQL calls going on I forgot about - in the top section of the config.php some core lines are commented out that should not be - as there is still some need for them

//set up the names of the database and table for the WEB SERVER

////////////MODIFY THIS SECTION //////////////////

$db_name ="dayz_overpoch";

$table_name ="authorize"; // don't touch table name

//connect to the server and select the database

$server = "localhost";

$dbusername = "USERNAME";

$dbpassword = "PASSWORD";

If you find a // before any of these lines on the VERY FIRST setup (on the very top), please remove the //

//$dbusername = "USERNAME";
should be:
$dbusername = "USERNAME";

REALLY REALLY sorry about that -

Last edited:
Back