Find Building Loot Positions

Pwn

Administrator
Staff member
Code:
title: Loot Position Finder
author: Pwnoz0r
description: Find the loot positions within buildings and structures on any map.
usage: Load this mission file up in the 2D editor.
Once executed the output will simply copy the string to your clipboard. You may then paste that string anywhere.
If you would like to change the map simply edit the mission.sqm file to included the addons of another map.
version: 1.0

Example output: Land_a_stationhouse :: {3.08496,1.78516,-9.47058};

Screenshots:
yqUOd9c.jpg

After the script is executed.

t0eoduW.jpg

Attachments

• lootPositions.Chernarus.pbo
    2.7 KB · Views: 313
Works well, but does not recognise any added buildings, be they standard arma buildings are added building packages.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Yea, ive noticed when I do the hospital, it labels it as "Land_Pawlak" or something like that. Now, there's a line in the lootpos file for Hospital and Land_pawlak..which is it?

I get that Land_pawlak one for alot of structures too.

Also, is it possible to add loot nodes to places that don't normally spawn them, i.e. crashed cars etc?

It doesnt label it as Pawlak, that it just the nearest building that it recognises. This is the problem. It won't recognise buildings unless they are part of the original map.

OK, that makes sense. I thought the hospital would be part of the original map.

Either way, if I take the pos coords and plug them into the hospital area, will it reflect so correctly?

I've also just noticed alot of the add ons that are in DayZ are not on Chernarus. Balota tents, crashed humvess, trash piles. etc

They are not part of chernarus, they where added as part of the mod. What you see in the editor is the original.

Have you guys figured out how to get this to detect placed buildings instead of just the ones already on map?

Back