[SOLVED] Frequent Yellow Chains since update

Doc

Valued Member!
I have recently switched to stapos build which is amazingly easy to install, however I am having an issue with yellow chains:

Mod Name: chernarus (1.7.5.1)
Extras: wrecks + carepackages
Problem Description:

The server frequently has solid yellow chains/lag and desyncs which have only occured since the switch over. Some times the yellow chains mean people cannot enter/gear vehicles in particular and they players are not synced with each other.

I am running MySQL 5.5 on Windows 7. I switched from the default InnoDB engine to MYISAM (which is much faster) to help improve it, but the difference made was neglible. I can't work out why it is doing this. What I have noticed however, is that on server start, the build is pulling a high amount of data from the database. I have seen the same object_id whizz down the screen15/20 times as data is pulled. Compared to my old build (pwns) it's a lot more data and may be contributing.

If anyone knows what may be causing yellow chains, please advise. It should be noted I do have some buildings spawned in via the object_data table but the majority is spawned via the mission file.

The server settles down after an uptime of about 10 minutes but lag spikes do return. I have turned off all my remote database maintenance jobs such as backups/hacker checks etc etc which remotely connected to the database but that has not helped.

I have no idea what else to do - if anyone can help, pleaes do!

People are complaining about this on our server as well. I also see that other server owners on other builds are having the same issue....

Update To Latest Build, Issue Resolved.

or if you just want to update your current server, just open up your Config_MapName/Arma2Config.cfg in Notepad++

and replace all the code with this:

MinBandwidth=104857600;
MaxBandwidth=104857600;
MaxMsgSend=1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;
MinErrorToSend=0.003;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};

Reactions: Doc
Sorry, for the "stupid question".

"Update To Latest Build, Issue Resolved."
Is the ArmA II build meant?

I just saw a comment from R4z0r49 saying

If your running lots of vehicles you may wish to setup bec to lock and start the map 1 min before you allow clients acces. As this is start spam the dsync should be very little. Every vehicle should get two calls fuel,pos and damage

I want my server to follow this and lock the server for 60 seconds before people can join. This is the setting in BEC

Code:
FloodControl = 5
# And or
#FloodSampleTime = 5
#FloodLockTime = 10

What would the correct setting be to lock the server only on startup?

Back