Is it possible to unlock jets?

I think you need to have rMod or unban the vehicles through some means. Ask Gorsy or Player2. I know they have 3 military Overwatch servers.

I'm interested in adding the ASC_core mod to open up the weapons that you can put attachments on (like from the Epidemc mod). I think mine inquiry will be more difficult though.

yeah you need rmod, but will require players to download it from website. i thought about it, but my players said no.

I think you need to have rMod or unban the vehicles through some means. Ask Gorsy or Player2. I know they have 3 military Overwatch servers.

I'm interested in adding the ASC_core mod to open up the weapons that you can put attachments on (like from the Epidemc mod). I think mine inquiry will be more difficult though.
The thing is, I've played on player 2's server a bunch and I don't have RMOD installed. So they must know some other way? I guess I'll ask them.

for overwatch?! i tried one time to get more vehicles to spawn. when you find out let me know!

One more time ....
There is no way to 'unlock' vehicles/weapons/items that are listed in the banned cfg files. The "fully militarized" servers are mostly Epoch which has unbanned everything. So the answer is to use Epoch, you don't have to implement the traders. People are also combining the Epoch and Overwatch mods so they can have all the Overwatch weapons and have the rest of the Arma2 vehicles/weapons/skins unbanned.
Some people 'think' there are vehicles unbanned on the server they play on but in fact its just uncommon vehicles that they did not know where unbanned in Dayz ;)

One more time ....
There is no way to 'unlock' vehicles/weapons/items that are listed in the banned cfg files. The "fully militarized" servers are mostly Epoch which has unbanned everything. So the answer is to use Epoch, you don't have to implement the traders. People are also combining the Epoch and Overwatch mods so they can have all the Overwatch weapons and have the rest of the Arma2 vehicles/weapons/skins unbanned.
Some people 'think' there are vehicles unbanned on the server they play on but in fact its just uncommon vehicles that they did not know where unbanned in Dayz ;)
This too me has always been common knowledge BUT, using the latest versions of infiSTAR and looking through the classnames of vehicles, there are several classnames of Jets and tanks which are NOT in epoch. Which is why I am asking. If you'd like, later on when I get home from work I can provide you with the classnames. These classnames seem very overwatch specific, some of them starting with the typical "vil_" So I was framing my question in that context. "Why are there these vehicles that don't appear in other mods but I can't spawn them? Is there a way to spawn them?"
No need to lose patience.

Funny update, I was just looking at the infiSTAR menu, and Im guessing something changed with the update to version 125548 because not only are some guns no longer able to be spawned, but the vehicles I Was mentioning are no longer on the list. So I guess that's that.

Keep in mind that infistar is meant to be run on multiple types of dayz servers and it is not specific to epoch, dayz1803 or overwatch. So some items are probably included in the spawn menu for the less common mods and therefore you can't spawn them in because they are not in the mod you are currently running.
Thats my best guess.

Keep in mind that infistar is meant to be run on multiple types of dayz servers and it is not specific to epoch, dayz1803 or overwatch. So some items are probably included in the spawn menu for the less common mods and therefore you can't spawn them in because they are not in the mod you are currently running.
Thats my best guess.
yea they just seemed very overwatch specific with the style of their classnames. But either way, they wouldn't spawn and they're not on the list now so Im just gonna forget about it. Now I have to figure out why suddenly tents aren't updating their inventories to the database.

LOL its always something going wrong, isn't it?
Overwatch, right? The tents do not update the inventories in the database because they are trying to write to the instance_vehicle table instead of the instance_deployable table.
In the server_updateobject.sqf file in your dayz_server.pbo there is a section where it does a child:309 and child:303, one is for vehicle inventory, the other is for deployable inventory. After the server restarts, the objectID is zero when it shouldn't be so it writes everything to the instance_vehicle table. To see how its working correctly or not, in your hiveext.ini file change the debug level to
Level = trace
and then test a vehicle and a tent. your hiveext.log will display what table its trying to write to.

change this code

Code:
        if (_objectID == "0") then {
            _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory];
        } else {
            _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory];
        };

to this code where we check if its a vehicle rather than if it has an objectID or not. I think this is correct here.

Code:
if (_object isKindOf "AllVehicles") then {

_key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory];
            } else {

_key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory];
            };

well that fix didn't do the trick but what a small world, google landed me here. http://www.dayzoverwatch.com/forum/m/15923780/viewthread/10011266-tents-updating-issue haha

Following your post I used the link you provided
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws...rum/attachments/server_monitor_1396881021.sqf

Im gonna go ahead and try that, the only issue Im having is, where would I add a weapon/ammo to a vehicle that doesn't normally have it? Im trying to base it off my old server_monitor.sqf. Im gonna go ahead and give it a shot but I figured I'd ask just in case it doesn't work. I'm attempting to use this method http://opendayz.net/threads/biplane-with-m240-oh-yes.9458/. Currently trying to follow directions on the very last page lol

No joy. Gonna try putting them somewhere else now haha. If you end up reading this and I still haven't figured it out, please help :)

Last edited:
alright I'll give it a try. Also, I went back to my old server_monitor.sqf. The one I got from your post was causing helis to respawn where they had been destroyed, floating in the air.

alright I'll give it a shot. I switched back to my old server_monitor.sqf because the one you linked was causing vehicles to spawn completely funky. Helicopters would spawn 100 feet up in the air, and 1 shot would cause them to fall out of the sky. Cars, if parked on the hill, would spawn as if the ground was flat so part of the vehicle was just floating above ground. Strange stuff.

Edit- I also have no idea where Im supposed to change the debug level in my hiveext.ini... I was hoping it would say something like debug level, or level but I don't see anything quite like that..

Edit- not sure if you gave up on me or not, but I just looked at the hiveext.ini for dayz 1.8.0.3. and it looks completely different from mine. Here is mine... deleted the sensitive stuff

Code:
;This is a comment
;Comments above a certain setting will provide it's description

;The format for a setting is
;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 11

[Database]
;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
Host = 198.27.83.215
;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 2303
;Database name to connect to.
Database =
;Username to connect with
Username =
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password =

[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBObjects = false

[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port =
;Database =
;Username =
;Password =

Last edited:
alright, maybe there is no hope for my server_monitor.sqf.. So could someone please help me get custom kill messages working? I had them working but the script seemed to occasionally cause people to respawn back at their bodies fully geared.

seems like I have kill messages working, and so far no one is spawning back at their bodies although I do have this error with my script..

Code:
12:36:13 Error in expression <ect 3;
_playerName =     name _newObject;

_victim removeAllEventHandlers "MPHit";
>
12:36:13   Error position: <_victim removeAllEventHandlers "MPHit";
>
12:36:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _victim
12:36:13 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerDied.sqf, line 11

Nice plug for your server in my thread. Too bad this is about overwatch and not overpoch... Overpoch is just Epoch with some Overwatch stuff in it. It is not Overwatch.

Back