Need Help With Getting Vehicles To Spawn ..

haygar

So I followed the instructions on the guthub for Pwnzor's Celle thing (Cant post links yet) and I have everything working fine, Navicat says that the object_classes and spawns have the vehicles on there . But when I go in game there isn't a single vehicle to be found ? I'm not sure what's going on, and I had a friend go in the server (Yes he knows how to script/hack but for the good) and he checked the markers and no vehicles showed up.

I'm stumped at this point and am lost at what to do :/ Help please !

Hi Haygar,

To start with there should be two tables that are populated with data:

object_classes (list of vehicles and there damage points)
object_spawns (list of vehicle spawn locations)

When you start the server, but of these combine to create a new set of data in:

object_data

Can you check your object data to see if it has entries?

If you do have entries then what you can is:

1. Logout as your player to the server lobby.
2. Open navicat.
3. Open the table object_data.
4. Pick any single vehicle and copy the 'worldspace' entry
5. Open character_data table.
6. Paste in the worldspace taken from step 4 and paste it into the worldspace for your current player.

Now login to the game and you should spawn right into the middle of the vehicle. If you then move very carefully you might be able to get the context menu 'Get in Car as Driver'. Keep repeating this for each vehicle in object_data

Alright, so I started the server and opened up Object_data and there was nothing in there so i'm assuming this is my problem.

Yes, that would be a problem. Do you have pwnoz0rs vehicle script running when you start up the server:

You should see something like this in your startup file:

Code:
echo Executing spawn script...
.\MySQL\bin\mysql --user=root --password=root --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3316 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
.\MySQL\cecho {0A}    OK.{07}
echo.

Yes, that would be a problem. Do you have pwnoz0rs vehicle script running when you start up the server:

You should see something like this in your startup file:

Code:
echo Executing spawn script...
.\MySQL\bin\mysql --user=root --password=root --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3316 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
.\MySQL\cecho {0A}    OK.{07}
echo.

Why yes I do have that in my startup file

Do you get any errors and you have the right password set?

What happens you when run the following from the cmd line from the root directory of your pwnoz0r server:

Please try to screen capture the output.

Do you get any errors and you have the right password set?

What happens you when run the following from the cmd line from the root directory of your pwnoz0r server:

Please try to screen capture the output.
Alright, when I do that without MySql running it says cannot connect to mysql server on 127.0.0.1 (10061) .
Then with MySql running it says Error 1054 at line 1 : Unknown column 'MaxDamage' and then something after that, both close so quickly so its hard to read but I got the important stuff out of it. This max damage thing looks to be the reason they aren't spawning .

The MaxDamage seems to be the issue here, but not sure where that is. Will move this to pwnoz0rs forum as he might be able to help us, in the meantime I will download his latest build later and have a look

Open pMain

657e6.png

and change the number shown in red

BEGIN

DECLARE iSpawnNumVeh SMALLINT(3) DEFAULT 26;

CALL pCleanup();
CALL pFixMaxNum;

SELECT SUM(MaxNum) FROM object_classes INTO @iMaxNumTotal;
IF (iSpawnNumVeh > @iMaxNumTotal) THEN
SET iSpawnNumVeh = @iMaxNumTotal;
END IF;

WHILE (fGetVehCount() < iSpawnNumVeh) DO
CALL pSpawn();
END WHILE;

END

Once you have made the change. Right click on 'object_data' and select 'truncate' - this clears the table. You then start the server again and it will get repopulated with more vehicles.

PS Only truncate your table if you are a new server - your players wont be happy if their vehicles are removed :p

PS Only truncate your table if you are a new server - your players wont be happy if their vehicles are removed :p
Open pMain

657e6.png

and change the number shown in red

Once you have made the change. Right click on 'object_data' and select 'truncate' - this clears the table. You then start the server again and it will get repopulated with more vehicles.

Again thank you so much Shinkicker for all this support ! I finally got it all working fine so now I just have to find a good based community for my server and everything will be fine , also thanks for the tip Doc !

Nonetheless great map dude, keep it up !

Again thank you so much Shinkicker for all this support ! I finally got it all working fine so now I just have to find a good based community for my server and everything will be fine , also thanks for the tip Doc !

Nonetheless great map dude, keep it up !

No worries, glad to hear your enjoying it.

Hope this is the right place to post this... I'm having trouble from raising the default vehicle limit (11) ot the max (62). I followed the directions above and now the server wont start. It gets stuck in the phase "Executing Spawn Script". It just stays frozen here. Please help!

Hope this is the right place to post this... I'm having trouble from raising the default vehicle limit (11) ot the max (62). I followed the directions above and now the server wont start. It gets stuck in the phase "Executing Spawn Script". It just stays frozen here. Please help!

There is probably an error in the code. Execute the function in navicat and see what it says. Failing that, try my improved vehicle spawn function in my signature

Thanks Doc, many of your posts have helped me so far. I used your pSpawnVehicles procedure and changed the default vehicles to 62 and I was able to launch my server. Only problem is when I get in my server, the same vehicles are there. Nothing else spawned. Also, i executed your procedure and it gave me this error:

Procedure execution failed
1054 - Unknown column 'MaxFuel' in 'field list'

Thanks Doc, many of your posts have helped me so far. I used your pSpawnVehicles procedure and changed the default vehicles to 62 and I was able to launch my server. Only problem is when I get in my server, the same vehicles are there. Nothing else spawned. Also, i executed your procedure and it gave me this error:

Procedure execution failed
1054 - Unknown column 'MaxFuel' in 'field list'

You need to follow the "database changes" section in the tutorial :) The Maxfuel, Inventory and possibly 1 other colum (can't remember off the top of my head) need to be added to object_classes. All is explained in the changes to database section of the tutorial :)

Got it! Thanks Doc. Also, I noticed that you posted your classes file and spawns file as a txt. How do I go about using those files? Im still new to the DB and couldnt figure it out. Tried putting them in through the import wizard and had no luck. Is it as simple as changing the extension? A short walk through would be great cause my server still has the same 11 vehicles spawning

Back