Official Release Thread for Version 2.0.1 [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
Release Notes for DayZ2017 V2.0.1

Download the mod folder and PBO's from here.

Download v2.0.1 Client Files (Thanks to Pwnoz0r for getting this up in super quick time)

Launchers:

V2.0.1 is also available on DayZ Commander (Pending) and Play with Six

Server Releases:

Reality

To install this mod, please unzip the archive into your Arma 2 OA folder.

Then you have two options:

a) Run game and under Expansions menu enable folder @DayZ2017, click OK and restart game.
b) or just run game with -mod=@DayZ2017 parameter.
c) Use a game launcher such as dayzcommander.com (Pending) or play.withsix.com

Release Log

New Features

+ Sleep and Weight System
+ New UI Icons
+ Fatigue System
+ New Vehicles (Armoured Tractors)
+ New Death Screen
+ New Survivor Spawns
+ Zombies skinned with Survivor skins
+ M16 and M4 - with flashlights
+ Single Bullet Spawns
+ Mosin 38
+ Tokarev Pistol
+ Base Building (Server side)
+ Gore
+ Revised Loot Table (More Rare Loot)
+ New Starter Gear (Flint Fire Starters + Bandage)
+ Crafting (Basic Wooden Bolts currently)
+ New Anti-Combat Logging
- Medical Boxes
- Lowered Animal Spawns
- Blood Bags
- Matchboxes
- Lee Enfield
- 45. Revolver
- Tank
- Bugs/ Errors
- Error Messages on startup (an error message will only appear if someone has spawned a crate or items that are illegal)

Known Issues

* Gyrocopters have no damage graphics and lack repair options. If you treat them harsh enough they will die, but look normal still. They will however respawn on server restart when destroyed. They can also be saved and refueled ok.
* Sometimes the Bandit model complains about no value for AK_74_M/Burst value. Just ignore it and click ok.
* DayZ Female Bandit model will take place as female bandit until a unique female bandit model has been polished for 2017. This is temporary.

Thanks and Credits:

Rocket and Matt & Co for starting it all.

R4Z0R49 and all the community guys.

Icewindo, BIS, Johannes (ArmA1 SF mlod parts used), GSC Gameworld - Hoods, for the original units.

Colonel Stagler - for allowing us to modify and use his IRA units.

SchnapsdroSel - for the base female model used for the female survivor.

Josh and Sickboy for getting the mod out there.

R3F whose Realism code we used as a basis.

Everyone on opendayz.net

'The Team

Luke Hinds (Shinkicker) - Project Lead
Deniz Zoeteman (gdscei) - Developer
Lee Elsom (Hellborn) - Test Lead
Philippe (Genkids) - Test & Development
Karwin Leutscher - Media and Video

'Test Team

Philippe (Genkids)
Dylan T.Everett (Misaka)
jimmy dijkman
Matt Molloy (Bloodnugget)
Vasko (Bloodl1ke)
Craig Birch (xpg hax)

On a personal note, I will be stepping down as project lead after this release. There is no controversy to share :-( I am just now to busy in my personal life with work and my wife being due our second baby in June. I will still be around to contribute and advise, but less at the steering wheel. I also plan to start working on developing my own games now which I have wanted to do for a while, but nothing related to DayZ or arma mods.

Lee (Hellborn) will now be the Project Lead. Deniz (gdscei) will be the Dev Lead. Philippe (genkids) will be Test Lead. Karwin will continue to do Media. I leave the mod in very capable hands and to a bunch of guys who I consider good friends now.

Sorry to see you go Shin,

Best of luck to you and your growing family, your support to me on these forums has been great and I look forward to this mod developing further.

- Dick

Thanks, shinkicker, for making a mod of DayZ that so closely fit my hopes for what DayZ could be. Excellent work. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. :)

Are the wooden bolts going to be able to made into a quiver like in 1.7.6 update? If so this would be the weapon of choice for me. I use the Xbow on live atm just because i love the quiver function now. Limited space (1 bolt taking up 1 bag space) Is just horrid.

Are the wooden bolts going to be able to made into a quiver like in 1.7.6 update? If so this would be the weapon of choice for me. I use the Xbow on live atm just because i love the quiver function now. Limited space (1 bolt taking up 1 bag space) Is just horrid.
Not at the moment, but since we are going to include certain updates from 1.7.5/6 in version 2.1, there's a good possibility it will be included then.

Not at the moment, but since we are going to include certain updates from 1.7.5/6 in version 2.1, there's a good possibility it will be included then.
Cool, i really hope you guys do add that function. It's amazing, I think a lot more people would turn to the Xbow if the quivers were in, IMO. Keep up the good work guys, love the mod and can't wait to see where it all leads to =D

DayZ commander doesnt have it yet
neither does DayZST

Any reason why they are sitting on this? Fr1nk and I play together..we are chomping at the bit waiting to play LOL

Yeah, apart from Shin's server, I think I've seen one other server with 2.0... everyone else is still at 1.1.

DayZ commander doesnt have it yet
neither does DayZST

Any reason why they are sitting on this? Fr1nk and I play together..we are chomping at the bit waiting to play LOL
We're trying to contact them in a different way now than we did before. Hopefully we will see a response this week.

We're trying to contact them in a different way now than we did before. Hopefully we will see a response this week.

Great, looking forward to it :)

Since I've got your attention...do you know where I can find a copy of the default mission.sqm for 2017 v1.1? Would normally be able to get it from my host but there are some access issues going on right now. Just trying to play around with map editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back