Origins Server?

I fixed it now.
The build.bat had an error which resulted in:

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found

Should be fine now.

You would probably only have to delete the @dayz_1.origins.tavi folder.
Download the files from git, and run the build.bat again.
Then copy the \Deploy\@dayz_1.origins.tavi folder into your existing files and that should fix your issue.

I should have noticed it was duplicating that folder, gfor the love of my life i couldn't get my server running yesterday after switching to the git and i kept getting that error "Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found" i checked the PBO etc and could not work it out, now i can see it was a broken :p, thanks for that bro :D would we be able to add my refuel at petrol station option into the git files? I've just taken it all from my Taviana server and added a few lines to some of the files.

Did as you told in your steps, started the server and i get this error, when player joining the server -

I am guessing the files are still not fixed.

On googling I found out that file is in @hive folder, which is in the github of SanKen.
I dunno what I should do, i will just try downloading and putting it here :confused:

Also, i noticed, two new folders have now been added in the Github, which were not there when i downloaded few hours ago -

Just use a PBO packer such as "PBOmanager" I use it manually pack/unpack my PBO's as it works great, just right click on the dayz_server folder and go to the PBO manager option and pack into "dayz_server.pbo" simple :p

Im real busy @reallife rightnow, but last night i started to work on a gui installer that could install server file + let the server administtor choose what option he want to run on his server. The installer grab the correct pbo depending on what you want to install. Ill post my progress on github as soon as i have some free time. It s'all in c#, so it s'easy to work on.

Im real busy @reallife rightnow, but last night i started to work on a gui installer that could install server file + let the server administtor choose what option he want to run on his server. The installer grab the correct pbo depending on what you want to install. Ill post my progress on github as soon as i have some free time. It s'all in c#, so it s'easy to work on.

Take your time mate, you don't ask us for anything to do your work :p I'm liking the sound of this installer, i'm not sure whether it would be better to have pre-built .pbo's though as it will make it annoying to add fixes and updates for different options of building the dayz_server.pbo obviously there is lots of modifications and tweaks that can be done to the server pbo what you should do is during installer process you'll have your options but then make a file browser/editor using notepad++ for example to open the pbo source files within the installer so that the user can add their own tweaks to their server pbo if they wish to, of course that leaves newbies getting confused so right at the beginning you can have a question, basic installer option and advanced installer option, depending on what you chose will determine whether custom tweaks are enable for editing later in the process :)

This problem is caused by a small amount of server fps. Yesterday I did not see this error on the server ..

Just use a PBO packer such as "PBOmanager" I use it manually pack/unpack my PBO's as it works great, just right click on the dayz_server folder and go to the PBO manager option and pack into "dayz_server.pbo" simple :p

yes i used pbo manager, that seems to have fixed it. I am successfully running the server now.

need to test out loot spawns,auto-refuel, sectorB urals and a few other features.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to spawn myself a chopper to go around and check :s

The Salvo AI in those choppers are really laggy! its driving me crazy! Anyone know how to fix this?
unless the server fps are below 18-20 the AI choppers are pretty laggy. I think i will remove them from the code on my server and therefore add some more AI on salvation as it is too easy to sneak in to the 3 weapon Urals

EDIT: tryed to remove the whole AI. Server starts up with 50 FPS, With AI 12 FPS

yes i used pbo manager, that seems to have fixed it. I am successfully running the server now.

need to test out loot spawns,auto-refuel, sectorB urals and a few other features.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to spawn myself a chopper to go around and check :s

Great, i'm playing now, loot seems good to me spawned a few rare weapons for me at the airfield so i'm happy, auto-refuel isn't a built in feature you have to implement it, i have it working on my server though and its easier to "move" yourself to a chopper using the worldspace in the object_data table and replacing yours with a chopper location then re-join the server, its a little buggy for me so i usually save changes to the DB about 5 seconds before the origins sync countdown has finished

Im currently following the development of this project very closely, sadly i have no programming skills whatsoever so i cant help much.

I also have loot spawning problems and limited zombie issues with MajorPains files, but other then that its working.

I did however fall over these files on a german site (i played on R32.gaming.de which seems to have build off these files), maybe someone here could pull something useful out of those? :)

http://www.nullbyte.me/dayzorigins.zip - Found on elitepvpers.de

Anyone knows how to remove this spam from BEC?
reserveslslotspam.png

The red text about reserved slots? i want to have reserved slots but my server is full 24/7 and i done like BEC spamming it.

Did as you told in your steps, started the server and i get this error, when player joining the server -

I am guessing the files are still not fixed.

On googling I found out that file is in @hive folder, which is in the github of SanKen.
I dunno what I should do, i will just try downloading and putting it here :confused:

Also, i noticed, two new folders have now been added in the Github, which were not there when i downloaded few hours ago -

Those aren't in use right now so it doesn't matter.
I will try it again tonight. Didn't have time to test it as it was late and had to get to bed.
But it was packing the .pbo correctly.

My HiveExt.dll is causing arma2oaserver.exe to stop responding or simply stop, anyone experienced this?

At first I thought this might have something to do with my host, so I switched host to a better one, but it still happens from time to time.

Has anyone had problems with vehicles degrading? I had a perfectly working chopper about 10 mins ago and i left my server for 5 mins, re-joined the server and all its hitpoints are red, no one has been on the server as its private

Is anyone working on replacing the AI with SARGE ? would be nice to share experience on implementation

Ive got Sarge's AI implemented for a few days already. Seems fine so far, still fiddling around with correct static spawns on Sector B island, but all the roaming groups throughout the big cities are fine.
Ive left the Origins AI in as well, not sure how they handle each other on Sector B as they might be hostile, but main focus was on getting survivor groups to roam a few cities like Sabina and Branibor.

Those aren't in use right now so it doesn't matter.
I will try it again tonight. Didn't have time to test it as it was late and had to get to bed.
But it was packing the .pbo correctly.

I downloaded the files this morning and it was throwing the missing files errors for server_monitor and server_functions this morning. Didn't have time to try to help troubleshoot before I had to go to work, but I can help and take a look later tonight.

Are you using a server that can handle it?
Everything is smooth so far on our server.
It's on a dedicated server with 5-6 other servers.

Dedicated server(machime) running 1 other server Day server (Chernarus with Sarge AI)

Is anyone working on replacing the AI with SARGE ? would be nice to share experience on implementation

Havn't replaced the AI with SARGE but have added SARGE ontop.

This is how it works so far, in terms of relationships.

-Military (Origins Salvo Island)
-Scientists (Origins Lab)
-Army (Sarge AI)
-Heroes (Sarge AI)
-Bandits (Sarge AI)

We have seen Sarge AI vs Military at Northern Airfield Paddocks,
SARGE AI shot down one of the Military huey's, the other huey landed.
No SARGE AI were present on arrival to investigate. I wasn't there first hand to see what type of SAR AI it was, but I think it may have been ARMY. All I know was the guy who was dead on the ground had a DMR (would suggest it was Military as our SAR AI are not equipped with DMR.

So what we know is...

Army and Heroes are HEROES
Bandits, Military and Scientists are BANDITS
But havn't seen any conflict between to report as yet.. anything you guys see, let me know.

Also I have changed SARGE AI loot/inventory. Removed Radio's, added:
Sniper - Drop's Matches @ 20%, Range finders @ 5%, Storage Box @ 1%
Rifleman - Drop's E.tools @ 20%, Cooked Steak @ 60%
Leader - Drop's GPS' @ 5% , Toolbox @ 5%

Soon to be implemented is...
Dropping of blueprints, but my concern is the following...
... It would make sence that Bandits would hold bandit blueprints, but then if you were a bandit it would require you to kill other bandits(AI)... and vice versa with Heroes..
so what I'm thinking is..

Bandits drop Hero / Garage blueprints
Leader ONLY -
L1 @ 10%
L2 @ 5%
L3 @ 1%
Small garage - @ 10%
Large garage - @ 5%

Heros drop Bandit / Garage blueprints
Leader ONLY -
L1 @ 10%
L2 @ 5%
L3 @ 1%
Small garage - @ 10%
Large garage - @ 5%

or something similar....

Fixes still needed:

1) Improve AI chopper & movement lag
-Understand its a server performance thing, will possible reduce amount of SARGE AI.

2) Server restarting use BEC (8hour timer) with vehicles not spawning on restart

Back