Origins Server?

I fixed it in the mission file ;)
so HOW exactly did you do that?
because overriding some files out of the dayz_code.pbo is NOT enough...
except you found a way to override these 2 config.cpp files too... which i doubt ^^

so please tell us your way to do this...

except you found a way to override these 2 config.cpp files too... which i doubt ^^

You see, this is where you are DEAD wrong.

Do you know what that file in the config even does? It ads an init to loot. Right?
Did you know weapon holders in DayZ are classed as vehciles?
So they made a vehicle init to pick up some specific loot and run their silly code.
Now if you knew anything about arma, you would know it is piss easy to change a vehcileinit. Right?
Dont doubt me, biggest mistake you will ever make ^^

Look everyone had an issue with the loot. They couldnt fix a config file as you cant just dump it in the mission. I went, I fixed it. Sorted.
I am not saying I am better or any different to Cortez files. I will make a pull request later on githib, I am just busy with the official DayZ mod at the mo.

What was the loot problems? my loot works perfect with cortez files?

Why dont you guys run Cortez files? everything works perfect there, its only the in combat and no-cross bug on it.

I was running Cortez's files up until earlier when i found a fueling bug, Jerry cans don't seem to work, i've switched to the git repository as thats what we are all contributing the fixes towards

With me, I use Steam as my source of ARMA2/OA .. they have 2 separate folders.

steamapps\common\arma 2
steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead <-------- this is the folder with @dayztaviana @dayz_epoch etc

Some files in arma 2 dir were not in the OA folder, so I had to copy them across.
Im guessing you have the retail copy so you'll have something like

c:\games\Arma 2 OA\
or program files\ etc

Sorry if that is confusing, just giving you an option if you are exhausted of ideas.

You should only have to copy the 'Addons' folder from the Arma 2 folder to the OA folder.

But, your players can sometimes get kicked by the origins files for set variables and silly crap from GP.

This edits out any remote possibility of it ever happening.

I am using the same Battleye filters that I had on our Celle server and only had to fix kicks for spawning cow, goat and pig. Been playing for days and never had any kicks for BE.

I was running Cortez's files up until earlier when i found a fueling bug, Jerry cans don't seem to work, i've switched to the git repository as thats what we are all contributing the fixes towards

The git files are Cortezs files.
We added anything he's offered as updates.

- still need a fix for the cross.
- still need a fix for the combat issue.

Someone posted they fixed it, but the problem with these people, is that they claim they fixed it, but they never offer a solution, so we can't update git with something we don't have.

If you find a fix, share it here and we can update the files for everyone.

Someone should probably ask the owners/mods/admins of OpenDayZ to give us our own forum area. Right now we have so much information shoved into one thread it's really, really, really hard to follow. There's at least two different githubs, and everyone claims to have a fix.

Anyone know how we can get our own subforum on here? We have a lot of people working here, having that and the github would make it a lot easier, I think, to keep organized.

Same here. Started computer science (programming) in university, but never completed it. Been away from it so long, it's become so more advanced from what I remember, and I am so lost with it now.

Same here. Started computer science (programming) in university, but never completed it. Been away from it so long, it's become so more advanced from what I remember, and I am so lost with it now.

I managed to complete my 4 year degree for software engineering/programming, but that doesn't help much here. Without an idea of how all of the code goes together, there isn't much the degree is useful for XD

So what I am currently trying to figure out, and unsure if anyone else has managed this yet is:
  • Decreasing Ivan spawns.
  • Changing zombies so more than a headshot kills them.
  • Combat Timer issues, never exiting combat.
If anyone has a fix for those, let me know. Otherwise I'll post more if I get that solved.

Back