Origins Server?

Has anyone else seen this weird glitch with the large sheds / barns ?
Also getting the 'standard' graphical glitches, in places, based around G17 ammo loot, pick it up and they go. I banned wire in my previous server because of the glitches.

Thats a strange one axeman, seems a little strange but i will double check when i get in from work. I have not noticed any of those glitchs on my server ill double check like i said.

I will also upload the newer version of debug monitor as there are a few things broken with the version you have.

How often does your server houses get deleted inveorys? On my server is several times a day, and its just like 7 houses right now....

I think thats the same problem.

Btw, anyone running the DB on linux? i cant import it because there is errors, it seems to only work on windows and thats pretty lame.

DELIMITER ;; CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`` PROCEDURE `pCleanupOOB`() BEGIN DECLARE intLineCount INT DEFAULT 0; DECLARE intDummyCount INT DEFAULT 0; DECLARE intDoLine INT DEFAULT 0; DECLARE intWest INT DEFAULT 0; DECLARE intNorth INT DEFAULT 0; SELECT COUNT(*) INTO intLineCount FROM object_data; SELECT COUNT(*) INTO intDummyCount FROM object_data WHERE Classname = 'dummy'; WHILE (intLineCount > intDummyCount) DO SET intDoLine = intLineCount - 1; SELECT ObjectUID, Worldspace INTO @rsObjectUID, @rsWorldspace FROM object_data LIMIT intDoLine, 1; SELECT REPLACE(@rsWorldspace, '[', '') INTO @rsWorldspace; SELECT REPLACE(@rsWorldspace, ']', '') INTO @rsWorldspace; SELECT REPLACE(SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING_INDEX(@rsWorldspace, ',', 2), LENGTH(SUBSTRING_INDEX(@rsWorldspace, ',', 2 -1)) + 1), ',', '') INTO @West; SELECT REPLACE(SUBSTRING(SUBSTRING_INDEX(@rsWorldspace, ',', 3), LENGTH(SUBSTRING_INDEX(@rsWorldspace,[...]

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'intDoLine, 1;

SELECT REPLACE(@rsWorldspace, '[', '') INTO @rsWorldspace;
' at line 49
which version of mysql are you running on your linux server?
i had to upgrade to the latest version to get it working...

anyone else getting random server crashes? It started happening after I put in these two fixes (unsure which caused it)

* House inventory bug fix
* QuickSpawn - (60 second timer reduced to 10 seconds)

dump:

Code:
Dump Summary
------------
Last Write Time:6/3/2013 1:11:44 PM
Process Name:arma2oaserver.exe : origins\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe
Process Architecture:x86
Exception Code:0xC0000005
Exception Information:The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Heap Information:Not Present

No, not getting any random server crashes.

Mind you the quickspawn is a semi back idea. With the way arma loads objects if a person loads quicker than the objects like houses then in theory they could steal the cars from shit from people's houses.

they must be next to the house before the server restarts... or they wont be quick enough to get into the car and get away with it ^^

i have set it to 1 second... no crashes so far...

but tell me more about the house inventory fix =)

they must be next to the house before the server restarts... or they wont be quick enough to get into the car and get away with it ^^

i have set it to 1 second... no crashes so far...

but tell me more about the house inventory fix =)

I honestly think the timer is to prevent people from shooting their "bots" when they log in so they don't dupe their inventory.

My fix is a MySQL trigger that blocks updates of the table if they match a certain criteria. It should not throw exceptions and I'm not sure why it is throwing memory address errors either...

i have set the time of the bots to 2 seconds... so there is no need for 1 minute waitingtime on connect ^^

Just a guess but i am going to say that the database is trying to save something that is no longer in its memory which is the reason you are having those issues. Could be terribly wrong though.

Just a guess but i am going to say that the database is trying to save something that is no longer in its memory which is the reason you are having those issues. Could be terribly wrong though.

yep. That is what is happening I am almost sure of it. I'll keep working on the trigger and post results when I have it working.

• Run a SQL Query of the contents of \sqlfile\2_dayz_origins_vehicle_fix.sql You may need to adjust the database name in the files.
(NOTE: If your having issues installing the functions, and get a message saying you don't have permission to install, you must install the functions as a 'root' user)

I don't see this file in the package pain. Are the install instructions out of date? Do I need to do anything with default reality files?

• Run a SQL Query of the contents of \sqlfile\2_dayz_origins_vehicle_fix.sql You may need to adjust the database name in the files.
(NOTE: If your having issues installing the functions, and get a message saying you don't have permission to install, you must install the functions as a 'root' user)

I don't see this file in the package pain. Are the install instructions out of date? Do I need to do anything with default reality files?

It's no longer needed.
SanKen fixed things up so it's all in one sql file now.
I guess I forgot to remove that part of the instructions.
Will get on it now.

I just made en upgrade on my linux MySQL server to debian 7 and mysql 5.5.31-0+wheezy1

The import works great now :)

Will try to run the gameserver on it tomorrow.
How did you guys lower the spawn time and the "bot" time?
How can we prevent combatloggers now?

Back