Origins Server?

Anyone else's server decide to take a shit and out of the blue decide it wanted to refuse to load CA addons and crash @ each startup?
Arma update did the same to mine. I did have a key mismatch error during the update, was a copy of one of my steam installs (merged), possibly had out of date registry entries..

Warning
If you use the mysql trigger that removes the writing with empty inventory in houses, you can dupe items. The way it works is like this:

1. You clean your house on all items.
2. You leave 1 item in the inventory that you want to dupe. Lets say a DMR
3. You exit the house and lock it. = It writes the inventory holding one DMR to DB.
4. You enter the house, take out the item = The empty inventory will not be written to DB
5. You leave and lock your house. = The DB still holds the DMR because it cant write the empty string.
6. You unlock the house and enter it and check in the inventory, the DMR is still there.

In this way, you can mass produce any item. In lats say, one per 30 sec.
The reason for that is when you open your house, it reads DB what is should have in it.

I will fix this with a dirty PHP script i think, that stores inventory's all the times, and only puts it back when its a restart. So instead of duping an item each 30sec, it will take 6 hours..

Warning
If you use the mysql trigger that removes the writing with empty inventory in houses, you can dupe items. The way it works is like this:

3. You exit the house and lock it. = It writes the inventory holding one DMR to DB.
4. You enter the house, take out the item = The empty inventory will not be written to DB
5. You leave and lock your house. = The DB still holds the DMR because it cant write the empty string.
6. You unlock the house and enter it and check in the inventory, the DMR is still there.

The reason for that is when you open your house, it reads DB what is should have in it.

I will fix this with a dirty PHP script i think, that stores inventory's all the times, and only puts it back when its a restart. So instead of duping an item each 30sec, it will take 6 hours..

confirmed. had a lot of guys duping stuff

I get black screens after re-logging after death, this is the black screen where you spawn in the volcano with black screen and all your meters are up. This means you cant choose where you spawn either.

Anyone know how to fix?

Some updates everyonez, I was banned from the main hive a day or two ago.
Evidently I don't just get the files by being a normal person, there are certain things that must be done.

Anyways, on Thursday they updated their filters. I was only able to get the base server files, I was still working on laying out the basic file structure (there are at least a hundred more files). I was also working on reading most of the folders, but sadly I couldn't locate the hivext.dll either. :eek: The only real way to get the files now, would be... unspeakable on here. Either way, they've added a ton of protection now, and have anticipated people going on their servers and using other means of grabbing the files. They've added some strong protection to the server, and the way that it loads everything on clients. I probably won't be able to do much until a later date, because without the client files it's pretty much impossible to find a solid hole in the server files to exploit.

Anyhow a lot of thanks for your support to the community.

I get black screens after re-logging after death, this is the black screen where you spawn in the volcano with black screen and all your meters are up. This means you cant choose where you spawn either.

Anyone know how to fix?

This happen very rarely on our server, only thing people have to do is log off and reconnect. One guy though had to restart his arma.

Warning

I did this previously with mixed results. Had issues with the trigger and restoring.

Also had another trigger to backup all house inventory changes into another table to restore from there with an interface (admin clicks restore button on inventory after querying player's name). The queries took too long to run even with indexes added and ended up crashing the server. Also there was some other issues with the backup trigger interfering. I think with temp tables it might be doable.

Hi.

can anyone help me with my 2 problems ?

1. The killcounter doesnt work correctly.
2. Inventory Bug. have anyone solved this Bug ?

sry for bad english !

ok i am confused now. :s

this is what i can make ..you are not serious and we wont have 1.7.5 server files in next 24 hours.

or maybe you are talking about something completely different..

I'm done....

I learned so much during my time modifying Origins. I spent more time scripting then playing and loved it. Thanks to everyone for putting up with my questions and helping me along the path. I'll keep a look out for the updated server files and my Origins server will stay online, my players still love it even on 1.7.1. Wish I could solve that damn house bug without giving a new dupe bug but oh well..

I am moving my attention over to Epoch which I find to be comparable to the Origins experience but without the hostility of the developers. I am putting the skills I learned from this experience to work in helping Bungle from DayzEpoch.com continue his Custom Server Pack which basically allows server owners to run all the mods that we have in the pack without needing to script it themselves. They can focus on building their player base and running their game.

Like Drew, I am willing to share my server files. Ya'll helped me make them afterall. I have Sarge AI, Customized SectorB, Auto Refuel, Dog Companions, Blue Pheonix's Admin tools, and bunch of other bug fixes completed and all working great. The only problems are the occasional house inventory will vanish but I just restore it in the database when it happens. If ya'll would like, I'll throw a copy on Drop Box and give you the link.

Feel free to check it out at 69.64.43.176:2350 (Origins) and 69.64.43.176: 2302 (Epoch)

Thanks again to all,

Id love to combine what you have Jay with what I have, if you dont mind sharing your files.

M&D's Origins AI v1.2
http://tiny.cc/originsai
Download Server Files Here

Known bugs; occasional black screen on death, reconnect.

Like Jay, I'll be moving on in the meantime to Epoch Taviana, a variation Im working on.
There will probably only be one more update for my Origins AI which will be when Sarge releases his new AI.

Id love to combine what you have Jay with what I have, if you dont mind sharing your files.

M&D's Origins AI v1.2
http://tiny.cc/originsai
Download Server Files Here

Known bugs; occasional black screen on death, reconnect.

Like Jay, I'll be moving on in the meantime to Epoch Taviana, a variation Im working on.
There will probably only be one more update for my Origins AI which will be when Sarge releases his new AI.
Set your files to the server, at call BattlEye: Script Restriction #124
get help to understand.

Back