Possible Nuke script / fallout like experience on server?

Don't confuse intelligent responses with anger.
i doubt that i do ... tbh you seem to be a quite the angry guy

now back to the essence ...

again you are doing exactly what zeehound23 pointed out to begin with, you are "showing off" but not delivering any code to follow up with ...

as mentioned before, this is an open forum and it is pretty much expected of you to share what you made if you show off and if you do not intend to share it, then dont show off, its really that simple.

also remember that you actually got the original code from someone else sharing it, never forget that!

either way i could care less about your nuke script, ppl leave when you fire one anyways, since they just think theres hackers on the server.

if i really wanted it, i would have changed it to how i would have liked it a long time ago.
this is very simple scripting, it dosnt require a degree in rocket science to make this work.

Let's get one thing straight, I have not, nor will I ever, insult your girlfriend or your mother. That's something you read in my post, wrongly. I am truly sorry if I offended you, but once again, I made a joke. Your whole post about your script sounded beyond awesome to me and a lot of people on here, but the last part of your post sounds like: I got something awesome, and you cant have it -> (It's running on my private Epoch 1.0.3.1 server (not open to public) at the moment.)
That was what I was trying to relay in that reaction to your post.

Now, back to the matter at hand:
Is your script run client side or server side?

its mindblowing how ignorant you are ... as i mentioned before i have no intresst in this script anymore, i will rather have ppl playing on my server tbh.

if you did not notice during your flame war against everyone else, then you are actually the only guy beeing rude here now (and making up stuff aswell) ... i just post facts for you

Seriously why the hell would anyone share with you guys? You are as rude as they come.

most ppl that do share on this site dosnt expect anything in return.

some ppl share what they can, some say that they will but never do.
you are part of the last group i belive.

Last edited:
@FoamysWorld I completely understand, you're only human sir. ;) I will however, be watching with close eye, stalking if you will, for when or if you share this masterpiece. Fantastic job again, and I apologize for how you were greeted.

@FoamysWorld - if at a certain point you choose to release your work, I'm sure it will be appreciated by many here. If not, that's understandable as well. Though, I think it's probably best to drop the...conversation that's started here, it's not really productive for anyone.

Zeehond, dude your joke was uncalled for. I tend to agree with what you are saying that probably definitely wasn't the best way to say it.

Foamysworld your response tbh was worse than Zeehond, yeah so he may have been rude to you but this is the internet. Your foul language was uncalled for. The moral of this little 'saga' is to suck it up and take it like a man. Don't be the bigger douche. You will receive a warning point for each of the hostile posts you have made.

I'm going to remove everything I do not deem appropriate and replace it with completely irrelevant things.

Let's all remain calm, go to the Winchester and wait for this all to blow over :)

On second thoughts to going to take to long to edit all of his posts because it's the equivalent of reading a news article full of rubbish. They will be removed instead.

Last edited:
FoamysWorld clearly have personal issues he needs to work out ... maybe if he put same time into writeing code as he does trying to be a keyboard warrior, he would be done with a simple nuke script by now ... (or he could just copy past what is already there)

I'll admit I have been responding with more vigor because I am bored. I have been fighting a cold for a week now and getting restless otherwise I would have just told the kid to go someplace warm and left it at that and never said another word because I simply don't care. However I decided to have some fun with it. I have been sending this back and forth between some friends of mine and we are all laughing our proverbial butts off. This has been epic entertainment for us, so thank you! We are all glad our kids are not like this. We all decided we would sell them on the black market if they were. Just kidding... maybe.

Despite you calling my verbosity a wall of rubbish I had a good laugh at your edits, reminded me of Mad Libs. Good Stuff, and you clearly have a sense of humor, kudos... we got a good laugh.

Ok to the fun...
First off... I'll man up... I do apologize for using cuss words in previous posts, I can easily get my point across without profanity and even though I do like a good cuss word for emphasis I don't need them. Incoming profanity free truth.

Hey Halfabrain, you crack me up... the only "issue" I have is with the smug arrogant behavior displayed here and your continued disregard for manners. Just because your grammar and use of the english language is atrocious doesn't mean you are not trying to be insulting.

Why so much hate related to my script? Why is it so important to you that you dismiss my efforts as something you could have easily done? It comes off as if you are jealous of what I did because maybe you can't do it. I don't know, don't really care. Just curious at this point why you simply must hate my effort.

if it were so simple how come nobody has scripted this yet despite several threads of people attempting over the last year or so? Why don't you whip one up for the people if it's so easy, you clearly have more skill than I, even though you don't know me or what I am capable of skill wise but hey we all know it's much safer to make assumptions. However, keep one thing in mind, before you can go show the world how much greater you are then me you would first need to get off my jock.

Here is something you don't know... I have a life and career that takes priority... so this stuff, here.. is somewhere around 9 or 10 on my hobby list of "stuff to do with my spare time" so I work at my own pace, sometimes I don't play/script games for weeks! OMG!

@Commander just think how a simple polite greeting could have avoided the entire thing. Doesn't it just make your head hurt how this all started? Zeehond could not have handled it any worse and it's sad because it was totally pointless. Hopefully he got whatever reaction he needed out of it, I hope it was all worth it to him.

I am not sure how you feel about people being rude to you for no reason, perhaps you are ok with it... me... I am not. I am not sure what you would do if someone insulted your mom and gf but clearly you know what I do. I could care less that it's the internet.. is that really what you are going to use to justify them being douches for no reason? The internet?
It's not ok because you can hide behind a keyboard. There is no excuse to act like that ever. Do you honestly think he would have said that to me if we were meeting in person? I doubt it because it's not normal acceptable behavior, that and you'd get your buns handed to you for saying it by just about anyone you said it to that had guts.

You can't use the internet as an excuse for poor behavior, you are either rude or you aren't.

Calling me a keyboard warrior is what you do when you have nothing else to say about your actions. It's admitting defeat. Truth is, internet or not, I don't tolerate rudeness. You tell me to suck it up? That is the pot calling the kettle black and is about as hypocritical as it gets.

If you wanna call anyone an internet tough guy or keyboard warrior it's really the guy who says things behind his kb that he would never say to anyone's face. THAT is the real keyboard warrior. Guys like me aren't keyboard warriors, we are the proverbial wall... and keyboard warriors hate walls.

What it really is.... is people these days can't handle being called to task for what they say and do. They all want to blame someone else or something else, even when you catch them red handed. So quick to be a jerk or rude and then when they get called out on it they freak and start the oh so predictable shrug game trying to blame the person calling them out as mad or having issues. Textbook sociopath behavior. However I digress...

Ban me if you feel the need. Ultimately it makes no difference to me. This isn't a situation where I want something from you, it's the opposite. However, I would like to see you do the right thing here. If you are gonna get on me about this then you need to get on Halfabrain as well. All he really did was come in and fan the flames and added fuel to see it burn hotter. It's brutally clear his intention was not to help the situation but to exacerbate it. We call people like that instigators. Instigators are bad.

Anywho, UFC fights are getting good, which means that is far more entertaining than this. Do what you will, I don't care. I'll keep posting YouTube vids of my server progress so those who are interested in my work can catch it there if you ban me here. Like I said I am an easy going guy who usually goes out of his way to help others, except when I get treated like this. I'm cool if others are cool, that's how I roll.

Peace out and kudos to those who were intelligent enough to read through it all!

tl;dr

tl-dr-o.gif

I too was looking for an apocalyptic feel to my private server which included nuclear and radiation type events. After much work and I seriously mean a lot of work, I developed an event system that randomly spawns the event in a random location chosen from an array of locations.

What it does is sound an air raid siren for 5 minutes in the city the nuke is inbound to, this is your warning to get the F out of dodge. After the 5 minute warning a nuke will come in from about 3000 feet (looks great if the weather permits you to see the trail) hits the ground and detonates with full mushroom cloud and damage that I can customize. A radiation zone is left in it's place for a predetermined amount of time. Once that time passes the radiation zone is clear and you may re-enter the area. I currently have just about every city in the array, besides the trader cities and anything within nuke/radiation damage range of said trader cities for obvious reasons.

The nuke itself is based off of lk's since the particle containers and all looked fantastic I saw no need to alter their appearance. I also used the base sounds for the nuke, however I reduced the size of the files considerably. I am a professional audio engineer and own a studio so I ran the files through some processing to make up for the reduction in quality (size) and the end result is the files actually have a bit more bass and depth now despite being much smaller. I also used a siren file I found that was small and could loop pretty well.

The rest is custom using a few ideas from some other scripts regarding firing certain functions. I am still in the testing phase as there are some things I need to fine tune and a few things I want to add but so far it is working really well.

So far my server looks very apocalyptic with the color correction, earthquakes, dust/wind, air raid sirens and nukes. The next piece I want to add to the event system is the storm event from Namalsk. That or an emp setup, I have the story line to support it, I just have to script it.

It's running on my private Epoch 1.0.3.1 server (not open to public) at the moment.
that's sounds awesome! bummer about no public :(

@ blur always coming out of the shadows with a well timed joke lol

Guys I would even just love for someone to make this into a mod somehow

just the atmosphere with the occasional rumble from distant bombs, and the debris blowing in the breeze would be so cool.

I'd imagine the distant rumble could be implemented using a workaround with the radio messages script. But that would require everyone to have a radio. Maybe the script could be modified to require a bandage or something.

I'd imagine the distant rumble could be implemented using a workaround with the radio messages script. But that would require everyone to have a radio. Maybe the script could be modified to require a bandage or something.
heck even just the coloring and atmosphere /fallout debris would be pretty sweet although I'd bet some of that would require a new mod. Im actually surprised no one has made a mod similar to this, kind of like a Fallout meets DayZ. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming!

Back